tuscl

Rate Obama

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 11:33 AM
A little something to liven up discussion. [view link]

37 comments

• Dudester
    14 years ago
    As results below show, I smell a one termer. The Economy -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A: 4.77% B: 4.56% C: 5.27% D: 17.80% F: 67.60% Foreign Policy -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A: 6.80% B: 4.19% C: 7.67% D: 21.66% F: 59.68% Health Care -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A: 7.14% B: 3.01% C: 2.87% D: 8.31% F: 78.67% Afghanistan -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A: 5.67% B: 13.60% C: 25.96% D: 22.84% F: 31.93% Iraq -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A: 5.79% B: 10.08% C: 24.39% D: 23.77% F: 35.96% Threat of Terrorism -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A: 6.63% B: 4.92% C: 9.74% D: 21.19% F: 57.52% Energy and the Environment -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A: 5.66% B: 5.56% C: 12.70% D: 21.03% F: 55.04% Social Issues -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A: 6.71% B: 4.69% C: 10.82% D: 18.95% F: 58.84% Bipartisanship -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A: 6.60% B: 3.12% C: 4.00% D: 8.08% F: 78.20% Obama's Overall Job as President -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A: 6.28% B: 4.03% C: 3.69% D: 22.25% F: 63.76%
  • Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    Wow, the results on that poll are brutal. The results were pretty much the same for every question, roughly 20% answering a, b, or c and 80% answering d or f.
  • Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    "I'd rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president" This poll suggests he won't be either.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Hey, tittyfan! What on earth does this thread have to do with strip clubs or anything board related? p.s. how them short US dollars and treasuries been working out for you these days?
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Obama definitely overplayed the excellent hand he was dealt in the first term without realizing just exactly how fragile his presidency the economy rendered him.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Wow George Bush had to score a zero.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    YIKES, that poll is brutal. I am going to sit quietly at my computer and think about dancers. LOL
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Midterms are coming up. Intrade has a Republican takeover at The House at 50% (up dramatically from last February.) [view link] Scroll down
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    The Poll is not a bit surprising. What IS surprising is that someone in the obama media conducted it AND posts the results!
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    anyone remember Obama girl? [view link] The song that changed the world! This video was named by Newsweek a top 10 meme of decade and the Webby's a top internet moment of all time. Obama Girl videos have been viewed over 120 million times... subscribe for more!
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    How come MisterGay hasn't jumped in to defend the big B.O. yet?
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    ss1, As I recall, in recent times, she has become disillusioned! I am quite sure I saw an interview of her since then stating so.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    D, One cannot defend the indefensible. Well maybe an idiot would try.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Obama/Bush, liberal/conservative, Democrat/Republican. No meaningful difference between them, just in *how* they go about trying to impose their will on the rest of us. Just two sides of the same coin.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    well there is a difference, i didn't vote for either and although bush did some stupid things i at least could support/defend him at times. there is nothing about nobama that i will defend or support except him being voted out of office!
  • how
    14 years ago
    Leftist ideology is aggressively anti-American. Most Americans are not anti-American. Most who voted for our current president bought the sales pitch (blatant lies), and cannot reconcile what he's actually doing with what they thought he would do. Therefore, his performance ratings continue to decline.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Well, well, it appears that even someone as dense as MisterGay has finally figured out that there is just no defending Obama. Congratulations for finally getting it, MG!
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    If the past ten years proves anything, it is that there is no middle consensus on governing this country. It's all about attack and destroy. Both parties and the wings of both parties are guilty. While everyone is blocking, taking credit, obstructing, looking for dirt or planning for the next election, the oil leaks, the dollar falls, schools crumble, the economy tanks and the U.S.A starts to sink.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "As results below show, I smell a one termer." LOL...you must have missed this: "This is not a scientific poll. The results above are for information purposes only, and should not be confused with the results of the scientific polls conducted by CBS News." All the one term nonsense is just wishful thinking from desperate GOPers. Unless something utterly catastrophic happens to the USA between now & election day 2012, Obama will have a cake walk to a second term. Watch & learn wing-nuts...lol... --------------------- "This poll suggests he won't be either." This "poll" means nothing, period. ------------------------------------- "As I recall, in recent times, she has become disillusioned! I am quite sure I saw an interview of her since then stating so." LOL: "'I think he's doing an OK job,' said Ettinger, whose original 'Crush on Obama' video, first shown in 2007, has had more than 16.5 million views on YouTube." She'd give Obama a B-, BTW, and I'd give him a B overall. Wrong again clubber, but what else is new, eh? Run along now... ------------------------------------- "Leftist ideology is aggressively anti-American." LOL...the same ole, same ole from you "how"...how predictable!
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    D, I told you an idiot might try! gmd, To equate liberals and conservatives as having "No meaningful difference between them" is just plain stupid. In general, these days, they are so diametrically opposed they have almost nothing in common. There was a time there were similarities, but those seem to have disappeared in my lifetime.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    LOL...pwned again clubber...just like always...
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    YAWN!
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    No meaningful difference. The fact that one wants to enslave my body through confiscatory taxation, and the other wants to enslave my mind/spirit through ideological requirement is not "meaningful". They both want to take away my freedom, the only difference being the tactics and set of freedoms with which they start the process.
  • how
    14 years ago
    Leftists are enemies of the United States. But Americans will defend this Nation against the left, ultimately.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    I jerk off with my left hand, does that make me a leftfist?
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    gmd, Liberty (freedom) is the backbone of conservatism. What you do with that liberty may be moral or immoral.
  • how
    14 years ago
    Terms get misused over time, but the founders had a knowledge of a political spectrum that spanned from tyrannical rule of a central government on one end (the left end) to absolute anarchy on the other end. They established a government aimed at a point on the spectrum a bit to the right of center, but recognized that both extreme ends of the spectrum were disastrous in their own ways. Our current president seeks to move us to the left end of the spectrum, and that is by definition anti-American.
  • bigdude012
    14 years ago
    Slightly off topic: The senator who just died (I can't remember his name) at 92 and served over ten terms; I find this fact somewhat surprising. There should be term limits for Congressmen and Senators. After all if Washington thought he only deserved 2 terms then I think that's good enough for any politician (and a hell of a lot more than most of these morons, both parties, in Washington deserve).
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Robert Byrd, former KKK, member. From Wikipedia: Byrd joined the Ku Klux Klan in 1942 when he was 24. His local chapter unanimously elected him the top officer of its unit. According to Byrd, a Klan official told him, "You have a talent for leadership, Bob ... The country needs young men like you in the leadership of the nation." Byrd later recalled, "suddenly lights flashed in my mind! Someone important had recognized my abilities! I was only 23 or 24 years old, and the thought of a political career had never really hit me. But strike me that night, it did." Byrd held the titles Kleagle (recruiter) and Exalted Cyclops. And Conservatives get the rap for being racist!
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Ah yes, those conservative freedom lovers who claim that the Patriot Act *increases* liberty, or that gay marriage will destroy America. Is that the "backbone" of conservatism?
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    gmd, Our federal government IS charged with our protection. One of the few things they are Constitutional suppose to do. The Patriot Act is part of that. It certainly isn't perfect, nor foolproof, but I defy you to come up with something that is! Ah, gay marriage! Many places and times it has been propsed and/or inacted that they can have the same civil rights and a married couple. Not good enough! They just have to use the word "marriage" in order to force their views on others. Myself, I'll take the Founding Fathers and their views!
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Gay marriage? Is MisterGay looking to marry his buddy vincemichaels now?
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Go read the Patriot Act, the actual Act, not the summaries or "interpretations" from various parties with something to prove. Then come back and spout of about how it protects liberty. Yeah, it "protects" liberty, in the same way a Muslim "protects" his wives.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    gmd, I did think you were worth debate. but then you try to put words in my mouth, forget it!!! I stated that, "Our federal government IS charged with our protection. One of the few things they are Constitutional suppose to do. The Patriot Act is part of that." NO where, read again, NO where did I say it had anything to do with the protection of liberty as you said I said, "Then come back and spout of about how it protects liberty." Try reading, "OUR PROTECTION". You may have just joined the village idiot in the "YAWN Club"!
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Our current president seeks to move us to the left end of the spectrum, and that is by definition anti-American" ...in your own, warped mind that is how...ugh... -------------------------------------------------------- From, of course, the very same Wikipedia article: "In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he 'was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision — a jejune and immature outlook — seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions.' Byrd also said, in 2005, 'I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened.'" "However, despite his early career in the KKK, Byrd was linked to such senators as John C. Stennis, J. William Fulbright and George Smathers, who based their segregationist positions on their view of states' rights" ...which is a favorite position of the Right-wing these days. "He stated that joining the KKK was 'the greatest mistake I ever made.'" "However, when running for the United States House of Representatives in 1952, he announced 'After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization. During the nine years that have followed, I have never been interested in the Klan.'" "In 1997, Byrd told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also: 'Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena.'" "And Conservatives get the rap for being racist" ...because they've used a racist Southern Strategy for decades to try & hold office at the national & regional level, period. You should know all about that clubber...being an admirer of the sayings of a racist like George Wallace! "You may have just joined the village idiot" LOL...there's only ONE obvious village idiot around here clubber, and it's YOU...you disgusting racist! Run along now...
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    YAWN!!
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    Sorry, MisterGay, but if you are the one defending Byrd then you are the racist. MISTERGAY LOSES AGAIN!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion