tuscl

Best ways to put ROBs in their place

aquavelvaman
Virginia
Saturday, June 26, 2010 3:14 AM
Have to admit that I don't have the balls to treat ROBs like they should be treated. The Riddler's method from his review of PP was absolutely fantastic and inspires me to do the same (see below). Anyone else put a ROB in her place like this? "Had a ROB spinner plop down on my lap and after some yelling back and forth she asked if she could get a drink. Sure. Did I mention the blaring music and pounding bass. I ordered a beer and I couldn't hear what she ordered. Waitress came back and said $ 31.50 and put down my beer, a red bull, a shot and a goblet of something. I started laughing. I paid the waitress, gave ROB her red bull, poured her shot in the goblet and I chugged the concoction. ROB's jaw dropped. I then asked her if she wanted to do a 2 for 20 and she turned around and left."

23 comments

• shadowcat
    14 years ago
    I was with The Riddler earlier that day at PP and have been a regular at PP for about 9 years. I don't doubt him but something just doesn't sound like PP. I have bought many dancers drinks and the most I paid was $11. I would have told the waitress to take it back.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    I would've kept it all.
  • how
    14 years ago
    Nicely done. She was disrespectful, and deserved to be reminded that crappy behavior is typically unappreciated.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Well played, my man, well played.
  • Philip A. Stein
    14 years ago
    Outstanding!
  • theriddler
    14 years ago
    I hadn't had that happen before but I'm usually not clubbin at 12-1 at night. It's certainly a different environment at that hour on a Friday. Kinda of a circus atmosphere with a lot of people having a real good time.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    Score one for our side!
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    I very much dislike when an unwelcome dancer plops down beside me, and before she even says anything, the bartender his there, "Care to buy the lady a drink?" Just once, I'd love to say, "I will when I see one!" Unfortunately, I have a bit more tact than that.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I was at a jackjoint that made profits by selling dancer drinks. I usually don't like this set up but it is hard to tell a dancer no when she asks for her $20 beer and she is playing with Mr. Happy
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    ss1, That changes the "picture" of course, but I did try to impress the quickness of the "Buy the lady a drink?" line. Certainly almost before Mr. H even knows she is there.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    Attaboy! Show then who's really in control.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    gk, We all know who is in control when Mr. H is involved.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    LOL - that was too funny. I've bought big or expensive drinks for dancers that I have liked, but the girls that wanted them always had the decency to ask first. She got what she deserved.
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    I recounted earlier a somewhat related situation. Dancer I'd never seen in my life walks up to me as Im' at the bar and asks for a dance. I politely decline (she wasn't my type, I don't really prefer that method of approach and regardless I wasn't ready for a dance yet) and then she asks me to buy her a drink with a bartender and a waitress standing right there. I declined again and told her I like to know people before I buy them drinks (i.e. if you want me to buy you drinks, that shouldn't be one of the first things out your mouth before I even know your name). She says how can you know anyone at a strip club (missed the point) and then grabs the waitress beside us and goes into a rant about how guys should always buy girls drinks at clubs (a strip club isn't a night club, sorry) and how we need to always tip the waitresses and bartenders (which I do). After prodding, the waitress agreed, the girl left, then the waitress apologized saying she says whatever the girls want to hear. I appreciated the apology and gave the waitress a tip even though she wasn't waiting on me. Later on the stripper comes back after venting to one of her friends who happened to be a regular of mine and she kind of looked sad that she screwed up with me, although she never apologized.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    The other night, I tipped one dancer on stage, didn't think much about it. Suddenly she asked if I would buy her a bottled water. I was getting ready to leave and didn't know her and didn't care that much about her. I had tipped her just to get a better look since I had been across the club. Instead of spending a bunch of money on someone I wasn't interested in plus I was planning on leaving anyway, I tipped her one more dollar and left. She noticed I didn't buy her anything and departed from the area after she got off the stage. I hate it when dancers you don't know expect you to just buy them a drink. Not even waiting to sit down and talk with you before asking for a drink is really rushing it. I usually will not do that unless it's a dancer I'm very familar and friendly with. I still remember one dancer who I believe was more interested in dating me even though I didn't pick up on that right away, never asked me to buy her any drinks. She always paid herself. There aren't too many dancers who always pay for their own drinks.
  • Digitech
    14 years ago
    ^^^ I do wonder why the dancers do these things. Don't they realize that it makes a bad impression and ends up costing them later? My guess is that either it makes them feel cool when they can get people to buy them stuff, or it gives them a way to test whether a guy is easy to boss around and squeeze money out of.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    Digitech says: Posted: 06/28/10 ^^^ I do wonder why the dancers do these things. Don't they realize that it makes a bad impression and ends up costing them later? -------------------------------------------- ^^^ for every savvy guy that doesn't want to play their game, there's probably 5 guys that are desperate for whatever attention they might get by buying that drink so while it might cost them by mis-playing us they make up for it by playing the other guys.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I don't care if they like it or not, I tell them no.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    the drink push can be relentless. butt in tijuana i finaly realized that you usually turn a girl flicha drink into a lap dance in the showroom.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Two of my three current regular dancers don't drink. Guess which of them gives me the most extras? Yup, the third one who does.
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    @justme62- just start a new thread next time. Why resurrect a 6 yo thread when you can start a new one.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    I'm game to post in this haggard elderly wrinkly 6-year-old thread While the Riddler's story was awesome (if true), I'll point out again that the agenda of respectful assertiveness that I've been pushing results in never ending up in these types of situations. To wit, when it comes to drinks, I discuss with her what she wants, if she wants something I don't want to buy her (like champagne) I tell her right there that's a no-go, and when we finally agree together on what she'll drink, I order the drinks. Me. There's no "I didn't know what she ordered" or "she said something to the waitress I didn't hear". She doesn't need to interact with the waitress because I order her drink; if she were to say something to the waitress that I didn't hear, I'd ask the waitress to repeat my order back to me. I assure you that you can do all of the above with cool calm assertiveness and in-control-ness, and not come off like a nervous control freak. Hell, most of the time I can make the context practically feel chivalrous, I'm just half a step away from tipping my feathered cavalier hat and asking her "may I offer you libations this evening, m'lady" :) :) Okay, I'm exaggerating, but point is, when it comes to almost everything in the strip club, passive aggressive or just plain passive behavior is what leads to these "opportunities" to put "ROBs in their place" in the first place. Everything is more fun, and less chance for unfortunate miscommunications, if you respectfully lead
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    i liked the original opening and the responses.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion