tuscl

FBI raids Providence strip club

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) - Special agents from the FBI raided a Providence strip club on Monday, removing potential evidence in an on-going federal investigation.

A manager at the Cadillac Lounge confirmed the development with the Target 12 Investigators. He said the agents were there for about 90 minutes removing unknown items.

No one was arrested.

A spokesperson for the FBI said they cannot comment on active investigations.

The Target 12 Investigators have reported the FBI is looking into how the club obtained their liquor license in 2005.

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/target_12/fbi-ra…

Monday, 21 Jun 2010

5 comments

• troop
    14 years ago
    ok i know about alcohol/tobaco/firearms but investigating a club because of a liquor license?

sounds more like a state law/issue to me.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    Feds hitting strip clubs in Seattle and Portland, and now Rhode Island.

How's that hopey changey thing working for ya ?
  • how
    14 years ago
    Dudester, you're sounding like Sarah Palin...

Not that there's anything wrong with that...
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    Did someone say strip clubs were supposed to be left alone once someone got elected? I missed that part of the debates
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "sounds more like a state law/issue to me."

"How's that hopey changey thing working for ya ?"

Just fine thanx. Once again, this rain had nothing to do with T&A at the club. The Caddy is a strip club that's been known to have mob ties and/or high ranking ties to local politicians that gave the club numerous favors over the years. Providence city govt., in general, has been highly corrupt for many decades now, and the feds have justifiably had their eye on the city for quite some time. As the video accompanying this story said, both the local & state police were in on this recent raid.
    -------------------------
    "Did someone say strip clubs were supposed to be left alone once someone got elected?"

Nope.
    ------------------------------
    "In 2005, two board members, Steven Daniels and Joan Badway voted to grant the club's license to serve alcohol despite legal advice from city lawyers not to do so. With only one dissenting vote and two absences, the license was issued.

Sources tell Target 12 part of the investigation centers around former Providence city employee Edward 'Buckles' Melise. Investigators are looking into Melise's alleged attempt to get the strip club a liquor license through political influence.

Providence police Sgt. Peter Costello wrote several memo's to police brass citing an informant who said Melise was working to bribe an official on behalf of the club"

http://www.wpri.com/dpp/target_12/Target…

Melise has a history of extortion in conducting Providence city business.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion