tuscl

Stripper reading Crime and Punishment

Chatting with a dancer, and conversation turns to books we're reading. I say I'm reading Elmore Leonard's latest crime novel. She says that's a coincidence, she's reading "Crime and Punishment." "Dostoevsky?" I ask, just to make sure. "Uh-uh" she replies.

I remember reading it in college (well, at least the Cliff Notes version, or maybe it was Classic Illustrated Comics, but I digress)so I ask her if it's for a class. She says no, just for "fun".

12 comments

• CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Careful! She may invite you to join her literature circle... then the Oprah "Book of the Month" won't be far behind!
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I think the ipad and kindle are making reading books fun again....
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    so did you two exchange quotes while she was doing a lap dance for you?
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Met a physics geek stripper once. That was kinda fun, because she looked the part, too. I'm a big enough science fiction buff that she sounded reasonably well versed in the field.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    gmd, she could try to write a book on the physics of giving a lap dance
  • roccoballs
    14 years ago
    I remember about 8 years ago, the girl at the front desk at The Players Club in Baltimore had a book - a Scooby Doo coloring book! And she did a very good job staying inside the lines!
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    ss1: Hah! It would probably be all about the coefficient of friction and the second law of thermodynamics. :)
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    One of my current favorites, a Psych grad student,shared with me that she is reading "All God's Children: The Bosket Family and the American Tradition of Violence." We usually try to talk about this stuff before or after the dances, but sometimes it filters in, which isn't very erotic.
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    goes to show that strippers are like everyone else: you can never tell what they'll be interested in.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    Or maybe she has a ready reference of books she never read, but knows of them as important works. Helps to be able to name or book drop with a guy she thinks, rightly or wrongly, might be impressed with hearing her brag about her smarts. I wonder if she could pass a test requiring her to write a one page synopsis of the book.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I used to have a fave who was into archaeology, probably because of the Indiana Jones movies. She would tell me all kinds of stuff I never knew about the pyramids and Egypt in general. It's not often it happens that a dancer comes off as smarter than me.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    My first ATF was well read, Hemmingway, Cussler, Dickens, Shakespeare, etc. We also shared a love of 1930's to 1960's movies.

As for coloring books. In college, I once found a girl coloring with crayons in a children's coloring book. She told me that it was good for relieving tension, and after sharing her crayons with me, I found that she was right.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion