tuscl

Prostitution sting nabs johns in Chicago Heights

Monday, April 12, 2010 3:46 AM
CHICAGO HEIGHTS (STMW) -- It's Friday night, and the Chicago Heights police are doing a little spring cleaning. One of their officers is dolled up like a prostitute, strolling up and down Chicago Road for customers. The goal is to keep the pimps, drug dealers and hookers away from the Chicago Road business district. "If there are no prostitutes, no one is going to be there," Police Chief Michael Camilli said. "If there is no one to buy baseballs, there are no baseballs." Ryan Fitsgibbons, who joined the police force in September 2009, was the sting operation's point woman. She was offered the chance to work with the detective unit and immediately jumped at the chance. "As ironic as it sounds, yes, I was flattered," she said. Dressed in jeans, a white shirt, a gray sweatshirt and a ratty pair of athletic shoes, Fitsgibbons strutted up and down Chicago Road from Hickory Street to Independence Drive. Officers inside surveillance vans parked nearby waiting for the signal. When Fitsgibbons took off her Chicago Cubs hat, two take-down vehicles in a nearby alley would swoop in and make the arrest. Sgt. Tom Rogers coordinated the operation from inside his car. It was about 6:30 p.m. when the first call came in. Fitsgibbons had taken off her hat, and the takedown vehicle peeled out of the alley to make the arrest. Rogers zips to the scene of the arrest where Matthew Condit, 29, 86 W. 24th St., Chicago Heights, is being put inside a police car. He will be charged with attempting to solicit a prostitute. Not all customers are looking to buy sex. Some are looking to profit off what they see as a likely drug addict. Jerry Jones, 32, 1414 E. 13th Place, Ford Heights, was charged with attempting to sell narcotics to an undercover police officer. As officers were putting the cuffs on Jones, Gregory Scott, 33, 680 Douglas Ave., Calumet City, propositioned the fake hooker not even 20 feet away. "This guy didn't care there was a squad car in the area," Rogers said. "He still had the audacity to pick her up." When police searched Scott they felt a bulge by his ankle and found a Glock .9mm pistol in an ankle holster. He was charged with attempting to solicit a prostitute and a charge of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon is pending, police said. Rogers has done such stings before, but the satisfaction was evident in his face Friday night. "We as a police department and as a city are trying to send a message to these guys who are soliciting prostitutes," he said. "They'll never know if it's a real prostitute or an undercover cop." [view link] Sunday, 11 April 2010

9 comments

• Player11
    14 years ago
    That sucks. I like traveling to Chicago for business and I want to enjoy prostitutes there.
  • dennyspade
    14 years ago
    Chicago Heights is home to Jimmy's and Club 390. Two of my favorite local area strip clubs. Club Atlantis in nearby, Ford Heights, is a Vegas-styled high-end show club located in arguably one of the poorest and dangerous communities in the State of Illinois. One can imagine what it must be like to have so many out-of-town horn-dogs looking for drugs, poon and trouble ITC and OTC. There are none of us who want to have streetwalkers in our community. Crime increases and your loved-ones are placed at risk. If there are no buyers, the sellers will have to move this trade to some other venue.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    the sellers will have to move this trade to some other venue. Like 47th and Mackinaw
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    I couldn't touch a streetwalker anyway - too many issues
  • bigdude012
    14 years ago
    This is yet another reason why brothels should be legalized in the U.S. I have not been but I would imagine based on what I have seen that the model used in NV would be most appropriate. On a side note one way to tell if she's a cop is to ask to her to do some nude photography. There's nothing illegal about that meaning the cop would not be interested in that activity the prostitute would sieze at the opportunity. I haven't tried this myself but looking at it logically I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Or you could be safe and not mess with the street walkers
  • bigdude012
    14 years ago
    On a side note if brothels were legalized I wonder how many strip clubs would convert to cathouses?
  • zipman68
    14 years ago
    Anything to keep hookers off the streets is good. I'm cool with letting them work in brothels or as call girls. But streetwalkers are bad news for everybody.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    zipman68 said: Anything to keep hookers off the streets is good. I'm cool with letting them work in brothels or as call girls. But streetwalkers are bad news for everybody. The main purpose would be regulation and taxation. The hookers would be medically screened ( a GREAT thing), and of course, taxed, to pay medical fees and whatever the fuck else Obama wants to steal from us. Obigdude012 said: On a side note if brothels were legalized I wonder how many strip clubs would convert to cathouses? It would be an easy conversion. Build VIP lounges with beds and wet bars. Dudester asked: Do you think the new brothels would have entertainment (musicians, comics, singers, etc.), like the brothels of the 1920's to 1950's ?
  • sanitago
    14 years ago
    I love it: cops are busting someone not 20' away and the guy is dumb enough to walk up, with a concealed (and probably unlicensed) gun on him no less, and asks for a fast one. yes, he deserves to go to jail.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion