tuscl

Movie Review: After.Life (2010)

Three words: Christina Ricci Naked-what else could motivate me to drive 60 miles, roundtrip, to see a movie ? It's not much of a movie. I guess it's suppsed to be horror, or psychological thriller, but it misses the mark on both counts. Like a horror movie, it has plot holes big enough to drive a fleet of Mack trucks through, and like a psychological thriller, a person is confused about their identity and place in the universe. <br />
<br />
Christina Ricci plays Anna-a schoolteacher who is&nbsp;killed in a car accident.&nbsp;She awakes in a funeral home and she feels that the&nbsp;undertaker is just keeping her prisoner. We get hints that she's alive, and hints that she's dead. Both are done so ham handedly that you&nbsp;have to question if the director is a poor amateur, or was&nbsp;the script mangled at the set. Both Ricci, and Liam Neeson as&nbsp;the undertaker, are A list actors, &nbsp;so it has to be the director or script. <br />
<br />
There is another, horrible, awful, shock in this movie-CGI nudity. I first saw Ricci nude in Prozac Nation ten years ago (see my avatar), but her nudity in this movie is CGI (not her). See my nudity review below (from another site).<br />
<br />
Several years ago, when Christina covered her entire right breast with a tatoo of a bluebird, I remarked on the board here that she had really screwed her marketability-unless the director was willing to invest in CGI. Well,the director of After.Life did invest in CGI. The first reason I know this is because Christina is a walking advertisement for Tatoo Magazine, with tats on her shoulders, ankles, back, and breast. We see all but Chistina's crotch in this flick, and no sign of a tat. Now on the other CGI stuff. <br />
<br />
Christina's first nudity is at the three minute mark. This is the only scene where you actually see Christina's real breasts and nipples. Christina's nipples are brown-the same shade of chocolate pudding. The nipples we see after the three minute mark are both the wrong color (light tan) and wrong configuration (someone else's nipples). Christina has a quick topless scene at the 45 minute mark. At one hour, she's finally fully nude (hold on poonhounds, no bush). We see about five minutes of full nudity between the 60 and 75 minute mark. We see her ass twice and get to see those CGI tits bountiful times in that 15 minute span. We see her face and breasts in the same shot, but at one point, you can actually see the &quot;photoshop&quot; lines where they cut and paste someone else's breasts on her. If you don't mind CGI nudity, and you're a Ricci fan, get the DVD when it comes out. Sad, sigh.

0 comments

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion