tuscl

Iceland bans strip clubs

Slothrop
Florida
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 4:16 PM
[view link] "Reykjavik - Iceland's parliament has voted to ban striptease shows, making it an offense for any business to profit from the nudity of its employees. Iceland's legislature, the Althingi, passed the ban on Tuesday night, with just two abstentions and no votes against. Nude dancing was already heavily regulated in Iceland, a north Atlantic island nation of 320 000, and only a handful of clubs feature stripping..."

7 comments

• samsung1
    14 years ago
    Sounds like Iceland is going downhill. Also I read that Standard & Poor’s cut Iceland currency credit rating [view link] Even more impressive: the Nordic state is the first country in the world to ban stripping and lapdancing for feminist, rather than religious, reasons.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    The sheep better look out.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    We already talked about this here: [view link]
  • arbeeguy
    14 years ago
    If the law says "no profit allowed" then it is time to set up a NON-PROFIT - like a credit union or a food co-op. The PL's organize (NOT TOO LIKELY I ADMIT), elect a board of directors, etc. etc. Mr. Guy What the heck difference does it make if somebody already discussed it? I don't recall ever discussing it. New guys read this discussion board every day of the year.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "What the heck difference does it make if somebody already discussed it?" Hey, I just wanted to let everyone know (in case they didn't, like you) that many people on here are likely not to want to repeat what they have already stated in another thread that is about this exact same topic. As far as I'm concerned, this is a dead issue.
  • casualguy
    14 years ago
    Is this the same group that invested in real estate before the crash? I see a trend of poor decision making. They probably decided that everyone needs to tend to the sheep or leave the island. I guess that was Baaa aad. :)
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    Massive emigration wave hits Iceland. "largest exodus from the country since 1887" [view link] (OK, the country's economic collapse had something to do with it, but the strip club ban can't be helping, lol).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion