tuscl

Big Fish in a Small Pond?

I don't think of myself as a “Big Spender” but that's what a dancer started calling me the other day. Scouting out a club, out of the way place, mid-day, not busy, dancers outnumbered the patrons, and nobody buying lap dances, even though it was a 2-4-1 day. I was surprised by the quality of dancers there, so I decided to check out the talent level. Got at least one 2-4-1 from each of the 7-8 dancers there (lost count, lol), multiple dances if mileage was good. This created somewhat of a stir among the dancers, and not a few sideways glances from the “regulars” as I kept heading to the back with a different dancer. Spent about the same as I usually do, just went a lot further here. I plan to be back, but I'll probably need to tone things down on my next visit.

Just wondering if anyone has had the experience of being a "big fish in a small pond", and if it worked out for you?

12 comments

• potheadpl
    15 years ago
    I'm a regular @ my fave club. I feel like a "big fish in a small pond". Not because I spend a lot of money, but because I stand out in a crowd of older guys, rednecks, and wiggers.

Drunken dancer jumped on me a couple of weeks ago, telling me how good looking I am. It happens a lot. I'm not Brad Pitt, but being in shape and dressing well stands out in this club. Now, when I went to Penthouse Club I didn't get that. Funny how being surrounded by guys in designer suits who wore Rolexes evened the score. LOL!
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Steve, If you should ever make it to the Columbia Plutinum Plus, you will find out who the "candy man" is. I am a big fish. I have been ill lately but hope to see my girls next week. Probably will have to do some 3 somes.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    There is Club X here in Columbus. It is currently the only Cbus club in the top 100.

One strategy they used to run really well is the "treat every customer like he is a big spender and they will live up to that expectation" Maybe it is a hustle and not a strategy.

The champagne room host would come over and shake your hand and act really friendly with you. He would slip you a couple free admission passes for your next visit and might even comp you a drink. Of course this was all just to get you to go do a $250 champagne room. He would also go tell dancers to come sit with you. It was all too funny hearing dancers tell me stuff like "Mark told me to come sit with you" He kept treating me like I was a big spender but then when I found out he was doing it with all the other customers I realized it was his hustle.

Of course, this ends bad because YES I did end up doing a champagne room with one of the dancers he recommended and it was a waste. Still a friendly guy though and I did not feel so bad knowing at least it was HIS champagne room I wasted money on.

Of course that was nearly 3 years ago....I have to say that on my very first visit to Club X I thought it sucked and never planned on returning. Then he stops me on the way out getting really friendly with me and giving me free passes and offering to comp a drink if I wanted to stay a bit longer. That kind of customer service is the reason I returned back, and eventually visits improved and I became a regular trying out the champagne room. Too bad Club X champagne room is just nothing more than a regular lap dance room unlike kahoot's/dreamgirls where they have fantasy rooms nicely decorated and spacious.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Steve, I think they picked up on your "Paper Moon" scent, lol. I'm guessing you were at the $10 place again? Much, much, much better than paying $30 per... You can bet they'll remember you at the new place. You might get "gang-banged" in the back if they develop enough affinity for you (3 or more dry humpers at the same time.)
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    W-e-e-l-l-l-l...... I know a few things about being a big fish in a little pond.(LOL) Its not just the clubs you go to, but the shift/time of day. A lot of clubs can be different animals on off peak afternoon/ early week night vs SRO weekend night.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Good point, ah, "minnow"...I guess you would be an expert on "ponds", lol.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    minnow, Wondered how long it would take you to respond.Private joke! lol...
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    Samsung I would tell that CR host I can get pussy for $250 or less here in Houston from Strippers. Pay $250 just to go into a lap dance room, you gotta be fxxing kidding me.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Whenver I go to my favorite club in middle of nowhere Iowa in the middle of the week, I get that feeling the whole time I'm there. It's usually me, a number of truck drivers (they got a parking lot for truck drivers driving I-29, since Iowa was too lazy to put a rest area right at the state line, and sometimes, they have to check out the scenery), a number of locals (who mostly just drink beer the whole time; not sure why they just don't go to one of the bars in town), a stripper boyfriend, and the occasional patron who does spend money on the dancers. Furthermore, they all know my name, so they all stop by and say hi. Unless there is a dancer who doesn't turn me on, I usually end up spending something on all of them, even the geriatric Hannah.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    When you'e the big fish in a little pond you're more than likely in a backwater club. In those cases, it's easy and fun to suddenly be the big fish. You can actually play them instead of of them playing you.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "I am a big fish."

No, you're really not. You're just a sad old man that pays very little for what few LDs that you end up getting on any one trip. The idea that you think that you're a "big spender" is completely & totally ludicrous...wake up!
    -------------------------

One of the problems with being a big fish in a little pond is if you don't end up spending money on all or most of the dancers, then the claws can start coming out. That's what happened one time to me at Hill Top in Quebec once.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    I bore witness to a big fish in action at The Hip Hugger in Kokomo, IN. He had two or three dancers constantly at his table for a couple hours. I saw him once head over to the ATM for some more cash. Found out later from one of his cadre of dancers, he only comes in once every 6 weeks or so and usually drops $2,000+ per visit. This is at a club with $10 dances and $3 beers! And to think all I dropped on one of his gals was $20.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion