tuscl

Strip club to open in Renton

RENTON, Wash. - The City of Renton will review its adult entertainment laws now that a strip club is about to open in the city.
The new club, called Club Sin Rock, has a license to operate on Southwest 16th St. in Renton's industrial area.
"We want to be treated like any other legitimate business operating in the city," Tim Lyons, one of the owners.
The Renton City Council imposed a six month moratorium on any new clubs opening. That will give the city a chance to get public input and review it's adult entertainment ordinance.
"The city is concerned about possible crime that comes with adult entertainment establishments," said Renton spokesman Preeti Shridhar.
Club Sin Rock is hiring workers and has not yet picked an opening day. The city will hold a public hearing on adult clubs on March 22, at 7 p.m. at City Hall.
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Renton-S…

3 comments

• deogol
    15 years ago
    This fucking secondary effects bullshit - there are plenty of papers showing it to be nonsense. Is it worse than a convenience store or night club? Doubtful (and yes, I have read some of these reports.)
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    The new club, called Club Sin Rock, has a license to operate on Southwest 16th St. in Renton's industrial area.

"The city is concerned about possible crime that comes with adult entertainment establishments," said Renton spokesman Preeti Shridhar.

Let me guess-the industrial area is filled with churches, child day care centers, old folks homes, and meditational retreats.

Give me a break.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    LOL...the video is pretty funny...First Hooters, now a strip club! Oh my goodness!

They already built the damn club, now they get to learn, after-the-fact, about whether they get to open or not? I sense a lawsuit coming on...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion