tuscl

How do bouncers earn their income?

Saturday, January 30, 2010 10:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback about paying in advance for dances. just wondering are you guys expected to tip in advance when you are at those SCs that require you to pay in advance for dances? When I handed the bouncer my money he looked at me in disgust as if I was suppose to tip him. I was a pushover and tipped him, but I don't think I should have to deal with that attitude as a customer. Have you guys been to clubs where bouncers depend on customers for tips?

19 comments

• bumrubber
    14 years ago
    SCs are are sort of a grifter culture to begin with, like places in India where everyone tries to shake you down for a tip, whether you "owe" them or not. This rubs me the wrong way and is the surest guarantee that I won't come back. BTW I've never gotten this from a bouncer in a SC. Most of them understand the above, and are pretty nice, at least to customers. I bet some of them are pretty good at squeezing money out of the girls though, one way or another.
  • londonguy
    14 years ago
    I've never tipped a bouncer yet, but if the need arises in future I'd consider it. On a slightly different mote one I spoke to in Rhino in Vegas claimed he could 'have' any girl he wanted. Didn't believe it.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I tipped a bouncer once because I had misplaced my cellphone and he found it, but that is it. I always thought they were part of the paid staff.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "just wondering are you guys expected to tip in advance when you are at those SCs that require you to pay in advance for dances?" Sometimes...but that is a ROB tactic though IMO.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "How do bouncers earn their income?" What I gather (from dancer's bitching about tip outs) is that while the dancer's are "independent contractors," bouncers are usually club employees, so they get some hourly wage, plus a split out of the dancer's infamous tip out. (Kinda of like a restaurant, where the wait staff shares their tips with the busboys, dishwashers, etc.) "one I spoke to in Rhino in Vegas claimed he could 'have' any girl he wanted" From the way I've heard dancers talk about male strip club employees (bouncers, DJs, managers, etc.) you were right to not believe him. The word "creepy" comes up a lot, lol.
  • Dougster
    14 years ago
    "How do bouncers earn their income?" stripclubspy pays them for blowjobs in the parking lot.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    In Detroit bouncers get a cut of the tip out, $20 tip from the customer for seating the customer in a booth and $5 or $10 from the customer for each trip to the VIP. And the dancers wonder why customers don't have much money.
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    Fuck the bouncers. If they want cash, let 'em shake down the dancers, which is their usual MO. The only employees in a SC getting any $$ outta me are either dancers or waitresses/bartenders, and they are mostly all female.
    14 years ago
    "What I gather (from dancer's bitching about tip outs) is that while the dancer's are "independent contractors," bouncers are usually club employees, so they get some hourly wage, plus a split out of the dancer's infamous tip out. (Kinda of like a restaurant, where the wait staff shares their tips with the busboys, dishwashers, etc.)" There's pooling of tips at a club? I thought tip out meant the sum of the tips a girl gives the DJ, House Mom, and any bouncers that line her up with customers (or she needs to bribe to look the other way). I know there are minimum tips to the DJ and House Mom. Learned something new.
  • Player11
    14 years ago
    I have never tipped a Bouncer or DJ. Never had a reason to.
  • Vegeta1on1
    14 years ago
    I have tipped a bouncer a few times, its the same guy. He usually stays out the way.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Bouncers and doormen are usually paid hourly out of club receipts, cover charges, etc
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "There's pooling of tips at a club?" At some clubs, I'm sure this happens, but I always thought that it was more common for the tip out to go to the club & not necessarily to the club's other employees.
    14 years ago
    Maybe it's a regional thing but at the club I'm most familiar with the girls pay a "house fee" to the club to work. $65 early evenings, $85 after 9pm. They don't refer to this as a "tip out". They are required to tip the DJ and the House Mom, a minimum of $10 each. The girls refer to these as their "tip out". Any tips to bouncers, hostesses, and the like are at their discretion. Works similar in Vegas. No pooling of tips in the clubs I'm familiar with.
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    Sometimes bouncer walks a dancer out to her car as a security measure after her shift. I think most dancers give him a small tip...or half a BJ.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    2001 Odyssey requires a tip to the bouncer stationed @ the lapdance area. And it's FIVE FUCKING DOLLARS. Ridiculous. I will tip the guy before I go to the Champagne room. 5 bucks seems to guarantee privacy and extra time.
  • 10inches
    14 years ago
    the only time i've ever tipped a bouncer was at the suggestion of the dancer in VIP (she stated that he would leave us alone, which he did) and we could get much more intimate (got lots of titty/pussy hands on plus great HJ)
  • bornloser
    14 years ago
    One of the few times I ever tipped a bouncer was when a drunk parked a half inch from my car and I couldn't open the doors. He got the drunk to move his ride. Oh yeah-I hate valet parking at stripclubs-always tip those boneheads a little.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    Tipping bouncers/doormen a buck or two is very common in Canada, and I do admit that it would be a good idea to do so just to have some idea that you might get a "fair" shake from a bouncer should the shit ever hit the fan in a club. For whatever reason, tipping doormen/bouncers in the States seems less common.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion