tuscl

Dealing with Desperate Dancers

Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:17 AM
How would you deal with a “desperate” dancer? Dancer (in a non-extras club) hits you with some variation of “I need to make $1,000+ by the end of the week or I'll be evicted.” Do you: A. Treat as SS and ignore/move on B. Buy a sympathy dance C. Follow-up and try to negotiate OTC price

15 comments

• Dougster
    14 years ago
    My favorite is to tell them you have a rule that you don't buy dances from girls who whine about their money problems. That shuts them up really quick.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    Definitely A. Why should I care if they need $1000 by the end of the week?
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    B. Go only as far as a dance, maybe two, then tell her you're tapped. The evicted part is SS.
  • earlyriser60609
    14 years ago
    C. She's trying to negotiate (despite the no-extra environment)...as the expression goes "We know what you are, we're just talking price now". So counter offer and see where it goes....What's the harm? She'll get offended? Not all dancers can be creative and funny with an opening line.
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Dancers sometimes say their "goal" for the week and I treat it as such. I'd like to make a million dollars this week. None of this means they expect you to ante up the amount, but of course they are expecting your assistance towards her goal. Take it with a grain of salt.
  • how
    14 years ago
    "Good luck."
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Tell her you had some other dancer in mind for your funds that night. Maybe then she'll respond with some worthy-of-pursuing discount offer... If she doesn't, well at least you know her mission and she knows your gameplan. She may always return with an offer sometime later if she knows where some money can possibly be made.
  • rockie
    14 years ago
    Spend what I came to spend on whomever I choose to spend it on. If the "whiner" is someone I like I might spend a little more on them. The "whiner" can hustle their cumulative customer base for their budgetary issues. The most sympathy that can be pulled from my wallet in any club is $20 (without dances being involved), otherwise I get dancing entertainment for my discretionary money. I don't have "white knight syndrome", or any other need to solve a non family members budgetary issue.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Evaluate on a case by case basis for C. Prepare to be disappointed, at which point move on to determining whether not B will be worth it, for *you*, not her. Prepare to be disappointed, at which time move to A and forget her.
  • SuperDude
    14 years ago
    I go to clubs to relax and be entertained. I don't go to listen to someone else's tale of woe. A is the only response.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    In a non-extra club, I'll get a dance or two but that's it. Like everyone else says, if they are going to whine about it, that's too bad. We all have issues, I don't need to support her.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    It is just SS especially if you do not know her from a previous visit. Ask her for a sample of what you'll get in the VIP...and if she just says "come on back and you'll see" just forget it. Maybe offer to buy her a sympathy drink, but not a dance. Let the stripper's actions speak louder than their words! If she is groping on your package while telling you this, then yes I might take the SS bait. But if she is just being a crybaby, I say NEXT!
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Also keep in mind that strippers are typically hot women and I am sure there are tons of guys offering to let them move in with them. They have no problems finding a place to stay. When is the last time you saw a HOT homeless woman? Even finding a young homeless woman can be tough in a city.
  • neoguy
    14 years ago
    When I hear the line about needing to pay the rent or fix the car, I just wish them well with getting what they need and keep on talking about whatever I was saying.
  • londonguy
    14 years ago
    I think a desperate dancers is more likely to be ROB or give a bad dance. Anyone agree?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion