tuscl

Football in Strip Clubs

Friday, January 22, 2010 1:35 PM
I was at a strip club in Baltimore last weekend, and the Baltimore Ravens were playing the Indianapolis Colts. The game was playing on some big screen TV's all around the club, and I was shocked, at least 75% of the people there were watching the game and not the girls. They were even shouting and really involved in the game, yet were totally oblivious to the dancers. One of the strippers came by and I said "these people do know there are naked girls everywhere, right?". She said she hated it when that occurred and couldn't wait for the game to be over. I guess the game distracts people and makes them lousy tippers. Do any of you all go to strip clubs to watch sports? To me that seems like the least fun way to spend your time at a strip club and the most expensive way to watch a game.

18 comments

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I've been known to go to strip clubs on game nights precisely *because* of the effect you noted. Someone who *is* paying attention to the girls tends to get more love
  • rmasecret
    14 years ago
    If it's a game I'm really interested in like Ohio State football or (sadly) the Browns... I'll watch at home. I can see the appeal of watching a game and having my team lose, only to be immediately consoled by dancers.
  • SnakePlissken
    14 years ago
    Good idea, Georg! Guess who's getting bottle service during the Super Bowl this year.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    I bet a loss clears folks out. A win and the business rolls and the tips are generous.
  • imnumnutz
    14 years ago
    on superbowl sunday, monday nites, etc., the vegas clubs do all sorts of advertising and promotions to bring in customers...
  • gk
    14 years ago
    I've gone to strip clubs thnking I would catch games while there, but I never could keep up with them, I was always distracted for some reason.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    If it's a game I care about, I'll just watch at home, or I might go to the local Buffalo Wild Wings and watch. I remember being at a club for a big game, and all I really cared about was the game. Not one of my better experiences. Even my ATF was blowing me off that day.
  • sinclair
    14 years ago
    No way. A)The volume is muted and music is blaring. I don't like watching tv without the volume. B)Booze is cheaper at a sports bar. Sports bars don't have cover charges.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    Not football, but years ago when ultimate fighting was starting and really had no rules, it was on in a strip club I was visiting. No guy and I mean NO guy was watching anything other than the TV. The dancers got pissed and the manager turned off the TV's. Damn near had a riot before he turn them back on. After the show was over, I would bet the dancers made out better since so much testosterone was flowing.
  • DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    The local Diamond's club advertises 10 cent wings and no cover for Monday Night Football and has also promoted UFC PPV events in the club. I have gotten caught up in watching sports in a SC on occasion but usually allow myself to be led astray by the girls. I think it helps to confess that I have been watching sports and then choose to get a dance instead. It might be an extension of that old saw that says if you ignore women it makes them want you more. But I wouldn't bet the ranch on that theory!!
  • lopaw
    14 years ago
    I love to go clubbing while a Laker game is on. I know that 90% of the custies will be watching the game and I'll have the dancers all to myself!
  • gatorjoe2
    14 years ago
    I have gone to the SC to watch something that I can't get at home (UFC/Boxing PPV). 45 dollars PPV at home vs 5 dollar charge, 20 dollars worth of drinks, good company (strippers and other guys watching it). I am not a person that goes to watch a national championship or superbowl or world series, which is on a normal TV. I have heard that Tootsie's in Miami which has giant screen in their warehouse/stripclub, fills to the brim on a fight night.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I have been tempted to go out to SCs to watch a ppv or game but there are none that are good for watching the game at. Small tvs and/or sound. Columbus does not have any major professional sports teams (Hockey, soccer, and college sports) so maybe that is why no SCs have invested heavily in attracting the sports crowd. I do know that after the late night UFC fights, Vanity is very crowded. There was once when a UFC bigwig closed down Vanity on a saturday night to throw a private UFC party.
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    If you are looking to beat the crowds at most Quebec strip clubs, go on a night when there's a hockey game...pretty much any hockey game where a Canadian team is playing...and you'll usually have the place to yourself for a while. It's kind of funny for someone that doesn't follow hockey at all...
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    Baltimore Strip Club Fined A Baltimore City strip club was suspended and fined after one of its dancers was found guilty of fondling a male patron. The city liquor board handed down the ruling Thursday night to Mouse Trap II, located on the 400-block of East Baltimore Street. One of the club's dancers was found guilty of fondling the genitalia of one of their customers back on July 12 by placing her hand inside the man's unzipped pants. The club's liquor license was suspended for 5 days. They also must pay a fine of $2,250. [view link]
  • SnakePlissken
    14 years ago
    That wasn't the one I was at that night, I was at Scores. I stay clear of the block, it's not a very nice neighborhood.
  • bornloser
    14 years ago
    The clubs in my town are so bad that everyone watches the football games-including me.
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    "One of the club's dancers was found guilty of fondling the genitalia of one of their customers" Otherwise known as the "Block Handshake"
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion