tuscl

Ever pegged as the high roller regular?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010 7:56 AM
There's a club I really enjoy visiting. In the past, I've spent a lot of money in this club. More than I should have, really. I got the attention of the dancers, the bouncers, the management... (Oddly enough, not the bar tenders and waitresses!) I ended up with a VIP card that I used on a few occasions. Times are tougher now. My play money is not what it used to be. I try new clubs hoping to find that spark... Every time I think I've spent enough time away from my favorite club, I go back to find that I'm still remembered as the guy who spends a lot of money. And the problem is, it's expected now. Have I made the ultimate mistake in clubbing? Is there any way to repair this faux pas and reset the status quo?

7 comments

• DoctorDarby
    14 years ago
    I had a weak moment at my regular club and got a VIP room with an OK, but not a favorite, dancer. Somewhere in the process I ended up with a VIP card, but managed to avoid getting pegged as a high roller. I think I maintain my positive status at this place not by spending a lot of money, but by being consistent in my spending. I'll buy a round or two of shots from the shot girl, but say "no" to more. The same goes for drinks and dances. I am always good for a drink and a couple of dances with my regulars, but usually can say no to more without pissing off the girls. The only one who persistantly bugs me for expensive VIP dances is the one I had the original session with, and even she realizes that it's not likely that I go with her again. High roller? No. Consistently good regular? Yes. VIP? Maybe, but I figure they are still making money if I show up more often and spend less.
  • wallanon
    14 years ago
    Don't spend a lot of money. It won't take long.
  • potheadpl
    14 years ago
    Once the cash stops flowing your rep will change. LOL
  • gatorfan
    14 years ago
    Like some others said, others impression will change as quick as you spending less money. Try it.
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    I was pretty much known that way when I was in my favorite club on trips to Key West. Don't recall a problem, however, unless you count running out of money. But I just went and brought back more.
  • gk
    14 years ago
    I've never seen the maxim "money talks" played out more openly than in strip clubs. I would never want to be the high roller or be perceived as the highest roller, too many bad expectations can come with that. I like to be perceived as being consistently in the middle maybe even above average. I suppose that if you went slumming enough, you might become the high roller by default!
  • steve229
    14 years ago
    jc, You could try being candid about your new financial situation. ("I'ld love to take you to the VIP, baby, but things are a little tight right now"). The dancers should be able to relate. ("Yeah, the economy real sucks now.") Some of them that know you from before may feel sympathetic enough to offer you reduced rates. (How much you got, honey, we can still have some fun...") Oh, and let us know if this approach works, so we can try it out, too!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion