tuscl

Exotic dancers arrested during raid at strip clubs

Friday, January 1, 2010 10:39 AM
SAN ANTONIO – Eight exotic dancers and four managers are under arrest after a raid at a couple of local strip clubs. Investigators say workers at those businesses were breaking the law by performing without any clothing. One woman tried hiding her face from News 4 WOAI's camera as police led her to a patrol car. Detectives say that dancer is under arrest now for what she wasn't hiding from her customers. “We came in to do our inspection and found some girls dancing in an all-nude state,” said San Antonio Police VICE squad Lieutenant Andy Rodriguez. Full- and semi-nudity is illegal at strip clubs in San Antonio. That's not stopping workers at some clubs from doing it according to Lt. Rodriguez and the City and District Attorney's Offices. News 4 WOAI was on the scene as undercover officers arrested four dancers at Paradise Gentlemen's Club off I-35. Two managers were also arrested for allegedly allowing nudity to happen at the East side club. At the same time, additional officers were raiding XTC Cabaret. There, another four dancers and two managers were arrested for breaking ordinances against nudity, according to police. Detectives say some of the arrested workers claim they didn't know dancing nude was against the law. “Some felt that they were told by management that it was grandfathered in,” said Lt. Rodriguez. “Some weren't aware that it's illegal.” Nudity is not the only crime one of the clubs is dealing with. Detectives say two of the Paradise dancers are also facing prostitution charges after this sting operation. Workers and managers from Paradise and XTC declined News 4 WOAI's request for comments about the raids and policies regarding attire. December 31, 2009 [view link] Here is a news video on the arrests [view link]

15 comments

• shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Is this shit ever going to stop? I worry about my favorite club. So far they have only investigated drug use/sales but what next? They can never stop prostitution, This has been going on since the beginning of mankind. When is society going to just accept this and let us alone?
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Sam - no mugshots? (Some of the dancers looked pretty good in the video) Ever wonder how the local TV news station always seems to have a camera crew outside the club when it gets busted?
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    "Ever wonder how the local TV news station always seems to have a camera crew outside the club when it gets busted?" Can't speak for San Antonio, but until the mid 1990's, the Houston Fox station had a half hour (nightly) news segment called "City Under Siege". That segment was pure 100% cheerleading for cops. It gave the Fox station an in with the cops till the mid part of this past decade.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I am surprised to see XTC Cabaret on there: [view link] Rick's is a big strip club chain with several different brands (XTC, Rick's, Onyx, and Tootsie's). I would think that these guys had the law enforcement in their back pocket.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I wonder if local politicians ordered these raids after encountering one too many ROBs at the clubs lol
  • clubsblue0303
    15 years ago
    This really sucks. I'm in San Antonio today and have a few hours to kill. Arrests for strippers taking off their clothes sounds very puritanical. Not as bad as Saudi Arabia, but close enough. I suspect that with the big New Year's eve party downtown last night (which is a pretty big shin-dig, from what I can gather), along with the fact that the Alamo Bowl will be held tomorrow, is enough for the local politicians to get their public 'kudos' by arresting strippers for having the audacity of taking off their clothes (the shame of it all!). Anyway, my favorite club down here is closed for the day - not sure if they are laying low b/c of the raids or because it's New Year's Day. One day I will die and go to heaven and be at a strip club perpetually, where all fun is allowed. If anyone is local down here pm me and let me know if anything is going on. Happy New Year!
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    I know a few clubs I'd like to have raided ...
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    Heh, just sayin' ... I want to go on a strip-club raid. Ya know, be the man who gets to tell the girls what to do; strap 'em down, tie 'em up, maybe spank 'em for bein' bad ... :)
  • how
    15 years ago
    San Antonio used to have fully nude clubs, and mileage was ultimate.
  • deogol
    15 years ago
    Well, when the Repugnicans were in power, all them Jesus hollering fools where voting themselves into local government. It is gonna take some time to undo the damage.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    deogol, You think it will take time to undo that damage? Not a big deal at all. What you should worry about is that the damage being caused now will not be able to be undone!
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "I am surprised to see XTC Cabaret on there" I'm not, considering the apparent San Antonio law against full-nudity & their website that pops up saying "ALL NUDE"...lol... "What you should worry about is that the damage being caused now will not be able to be undone!" Nice job at fear-mongering clubber, but it's not working...
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    YAWN!
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    LOL...pwned once again old man...
  • Clubber
    14 years ago
    YAWN!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion