tuscl

Newport Strip Clubs Raided (mug shots available)

Police and prosecutors will meet today to go over evidence collected during raids at two Newport strip clubs Tuesday night. Twelve people were arrested and more suspects are expected to be brought up on charges.

The Brass Mule and The Brass Bull sit across from one another on Monmouth Street near Sixth Street. Newport Police, wearing masks and bullet proof vests, raided both businesses late Tuesday night. Dancers, bartenders, and patrons were ordered to lay on the ground as police conducted the raid.

A dozen people were arrested on charges ranging from prostitution, to nude dancing, to drugs and identity theft. Police say the investigation centers around prostitution and the possible sale of marijuana and cocaine at the clubs.

The suspects include: Teresa Abrams of Independence facing two counts of prostitution, Kelly Johnson of Newport facing two counts of prostitution, 25 year old Katasha Jervis of Latonia facing two counts of prosecution, Jessica Sicker of Cincinnati for no bar identification, Jennifer Carota of Cincinnati for prostitution, Melissa Hearst of Florence for prostitution, Eboni Moore-Collins of Cincinnati for nude dancing, Sonya Gaunt of Ludlow for nude dancing, Jamie Fenton of Covington for public nudity, Kristina Blades of Covington for possession of drug paraphernalia, Bobbie Wayman of Newport for possession of a controlled substance and four counts of promoting prostitution, and Jenny Regg of Bellevue for possession of a controlled substance.

Blades, Wayman and Jervis were the only three suspects booked overnight in the jail. The rest of the women were merely cited by not processed at the jail.

James Daley is the Campbell County Attorney. He says he expects to make more arrests after going through the clubs records. "I guess this goes back to the old days. When I was a trooper, we raided a lot of these places. These two were in existence at this time and if memory serves me correctly, we raided these two before. We're looking to take these people as far as we can as far as prosecution and forfeitures to affect Newport's environment."

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/…

10 comments

• steve229
    15 years ago
    Mug Shots!!

Hopefully more will be available soon. First dancer (redhead?) probably looks ok with make-up and under the SC lights, last two look kinda rough.

What's up with the cops going in with "masks and bulletproof vests?" Were they expecting the strippers to shoot it out with them? Maybe the masks were so the dancers wouldn't recognize the cops as some of their regulars?
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    "Dancers, bartenders, and patrons were ordered to lay on the ground as police conducted the raid. " If it was inside the club, THAT should be punishment enough for ANY crime!
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    steve,

Funny line about the masks. Interesting to me that my ATF took up with a regular and moved in with him and he WAS a cop!
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Did you catch this line:

"We're looking to take these people as far as we can as far as prosecution and forfeitures"

Translation: City/County/State cut my budget, time to shake down the local merchants

How does the saying go, "When they came for the Strippers..."
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    "Jessica Sicker of Cincinnati for no bar identification" Kind of a bad bit of luck. Her legal name gets published with all the others who happen to have more serious charges against them. If she was trying to be secretive about her employment, the jig is up.

"What's up with the cops going in with "masks and bulletproof vests?" Were they expecting the strippers to shoot it out with them?" He he he... probably because of the suspected drugs & that clientele.

"Maybe the masks were so the dancers wouldn't recognize the cops as some of their regulars?" You could have an idea for a script there!

Clubber, that's excatly what I thought about! The reporter left off complaints from the customers: "NO! Anything but ON THE FLOOR!"
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Steve, they probably got bored with writing traffic tickets. They decided to raid the strip clubs to find eye candy for their jail cells...
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    You can't blame the cops. They are just carrying out the orders dictated by your elected officials.But masks and vests seems a bit over board.

I was in the Memphis Platinum Plus 7 years ago during one of their frequent busts.4 of them came in dressed as bikers.They made a sweep of the main room and then headed for the lap dance room. They sealed it off and then wrote citations to every dancer and customer in there.I was not one.The 1st I knew of what was happening is when the DJ announced that the Lap dance room was closed ufn and that drinks were now 2 for one until it reopened.It reopened 1 hr 15 min later. Many customers had left. Thinking that was it for the night. I stayed.I was from out of town and didn't have any place else to go.30 mins later I was enjoying a BBBJ for $40.

I now enjoy the same action at their sister club. I have to wonder how long this will last. Some ass hole will eventually demand they be shut down. Until then, party on.
  • slickpeter
    15 years ago
    Ah the good old days in Newport and Covington ---I used to travel that area as a sales rep - would be in the area two nights per month and always made my way across the bridge to Kentucky ----brings back memories ---but there were no police there then - they were on the take and the clubs always adeqately paid them off! How times have changed and have bqack around!
  • ralphyboy
    15 years ago
    indeed, long ago and far away i broke my SC cherry at the Pink Pussycat in newport circa 1970 when it was all going down, thinly veiled and wide open, gambling in the backrooms, it was cincy's (still one of the most rock-ribbed uptight anal retentive loci of rebub rectitude) escape hatch...had two long avenues of joints...mousetrap and talk of the town and mademoiselle something or other were among the finest...staggering from one to the other with a permanent tent pitched in your pants on a bellyful of pabst blue ribbon in the summer...nothing finer...one by one they've been taken out and whole town of newport has been quite successfully yuppified...
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    Why is "nude dancing" illegal in this town...is it some kind of state/local law??

Masks are basically used by law enforcement just to look more "scary" or intimidating. Bullet proof vests are a must whenever there might be gun play, even among your fellow officers...better safe than dead.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion