tuscl

Strip Club Song You Hate

Got a SC song you just hate hearing?

For me, it would be this Rob Zombie song I keep hearing. Girl next door cutie surprised me by dancing to it recently. My next visit I was sitting with her and her BFF, and she asked what song I would like to hear. I slipped her a couple bucks for the jukebox to NOT play Rob Zombie, so thought I was good. Naturally, her BFF goes on stage right after her and – you guessed it – plays the Rob Zombie song.

21 comments

• shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I hate them so much, that I have never bothered to learn their names.
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    I'd say 90% of the hip-hop that's played in the club. One girl was dancing to "Halle Berry" and I swear I wanted to rupture my eardrums with an icepick.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Pretty much any song written and performed after 1990.
  • stripclubspy
    15 years ago
    Getting pretty tired of "Girls, girls, girls" by Motley Crue
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Shadowcat's right, the songs I dislike the most I don't know the titles
  • neoguy
    15 years ago
    I have found out that when your looking at naked women, rap isn't as bad as I have always thought! But I would like to hear some country or pop. What I don't understand is why the dancers think they need to dance to the type of music that they like. Wouldn't it make more sense to cater to the guys who have the money in their pockets?
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I hate listening to edited clean versions of songs. I remember they played "Me so Horny" edit version and it made me want to leave the club it was so annoying. You get the hint that if the club is too uptight about playing an album version of a song then they are probably gonna be uptight about the lap dancing as well.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    Anything by Kings of Leon sets my teeth on edge. I hate them THAT much. If I hear one of their songs at a SC, I head outside or to the restroom for the duration of the song.

I agree that "Girls Girls Girls" has long outstayed it's welcome, along with T-Pain's "I'm in Love With a Stripper". Stop already!
  • mmdv26
    15 years ago
    I don't think I "hate" any song. I've been going to SC's for so many years that I hear a popular SC song outside of the club, and I nearly blurt out, "that's a strip club song!"

I bot the best of ZZ Top CD a couple of years ago (don't ask me why it took so long - and I even lived in TX for quite a few years)I knew the words to nearly every song because I had heard them in SC's over and over for the past 25 years.

Most of the time, I'm oblivious to the music; paying more attention instead to the visual and tactile aspects of the SC experience.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Steve229-
    Rob Zombie's music is nearly perfect for strip clubs. I suppose it was "Pussy Liquor"?

Most of the time, if I don't like a song, I probably don't know the title or artist. There are songs that get old after a while, and "Girls, Girls, Girls" is probably top of the list, but I don't really hate them. In fact, those type of songs are probably good to hear in a strip club, in the sense that they understand they are in a strip club.
  • Digitech
    15 years ago
    Last year, I was at a club and a girl was beginning her set on stage.
    The first song was 'Cocaine' by Buckcherry. Suddenly, the MC cuts the music and says 'Girls, we have discussed this before. There are some songs which are not appropriate for this environment' or something like that. Then he started playing a different song.

The same thing happened later with 'What's Your Fantasy' by Ludacris.

• MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "What I don't understand is why the dancers think they need to dance to the type of music that they like. Wouldn't it make more sense to cater to the guys who have the money in their pockets?"

How do you dance to a song that you really hate?

Here's another vote to ban "I'm in Love With a Stripper". :)
  • neoguy
    15 years ago
    I don't think I "hate" any song. I've been going to SC's for so many years that I hear a popular SC song outside of the club, and I nearly blurt out, "that's a strip club song!"

That is funny! I have been going more as of late and find myself coming close to making references to strip club talk/songs.

MisterGuy, from what i can see, the "dancers" do the same thing no matter what song is playing.
  • slickpeter
    15 years ago
    Who pays attention to the music ---I watch the dancers and negotiate for back room service!
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "MisterGuy, from what i can see, the 'dancers' do the same thing no matter what song is playing."

Well, it's kind of hard to dance to a song that doesn't have a good beat or one that makes you want "to rupture your eardrums with an icepick." Just sayin'...
  • DoctorDarby
    15 years ago
    Most country music falls pretty flat in strip clubs. The redneck anthem "I love this bar" is particularly annoying.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I agree with potheadpl. God, I hate that crap! One thing that attracted me to my ATF was her music. First time I saw her dance, it was to Ramstein's "Du Hast".
  • LeeH
    15 years ago
    They play music? I hadn't noticed. ;-)
  • LeeH
    15 years ago
    "... from what i can see, the 'dancers' do the same thing no matter what song is playing."

Then you aren't seeing real dancing. Was hanging with my ATF the other night, and some songs came on (throughout the night) that she really liked to dance to. I thought she was going to give me a heart attack. ;-)

She told me later that if she hears a song she likes and is considering adding it to her music, she'll practice what's she going to do 25-50 times before it ever gets played in the club. And, d@mn, I believe her.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    T-Pain's "I'm in Love With a Stripper" has a remix edition to it featuring R-kelly and it is being overplayed by local SCs.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    R Kelly? Shouldn't it be "I'm in Love with an Under aged Stripper" then?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion