tuscl

Dancer feels old at 24

“It's my party, and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to”

I could tell she was down for some reason. After I bought her a beer, she shared that it was her birthday, she was 24, been dancing for 5 years and she felt old. She asked if guys would think she was too old if she told them her age. Thinking back on the discussions here, I said that a lot of guys would think she was in her dancing prime.

After all of our discussions about the “perfect” age for a dancer, it was interesting to hear about it from a dancer's perspective. I wonder if other dancers feel the same way?

23 comments

• mmdv26
    15 years ago
    And them dang b'days just keep comin' around! Of course, life is better when they are happening...That dancer has another 10 years before she needs to even think about worrying about her age as a dancer.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    My ATF was happy when she hit 21, but didn't care much the next year. The only other dancer I had discussions with about age was 39 and I had her prove it to me. Sure didn't look or act it. She did, however worry about her advancing age.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Will she be dancing at 45? I have met a few in that category.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    The last time I saw my ATF, she was talking about how old she was, even though she's only 23, but I think her real problem was she wants to experience something else in life. I mean, she was talking about going to business school. I told her she can't dance forever, even if some ladies seem to want to. The routine of stripping does get old, probably.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    24. Reminds me of Pebbles. She took her stage name from the popular TV show. She looked the part. I would not have guessed her at 24 but was in the club when she celebrated it.Unfortunately she let bam bam knock her up.Just had his baby.I have not seen her since but magicrat has. She is now another single mom with a loser BF.

I keep losing favs that realize approaching 30 that they cannot do this forever and have started new careers. I miss them but wish them well.

I will keep up my double standards and continue my dirty old man's ways.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Shadowcat, I wondered what happened to P. Only saw her a couple of times last year. Sweet girl, pretty nasty dancer. BTW, to see her lookalike, go to http://images.google.com and search images for Julie Delpy, the French actress. Sorry, no naked pictures there.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    At some clubs, turning 24 means they're no longer one of the younger girls around. They're approaching a time when they'll have to decide whether to get out of the biz or turn into a lifer. It all changes fast at that age. Many of my faves actually did move on by then. Steve, she should just be glad she's not a fashion model, or she'd be way over the hill. Tell her that. It'll cheer her up.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    If a woman tells you she's 20, and she looks 16, she's 12. If a woman tells you she's 26, and looks 26.... She's damn near 40. Chris Rock ("No Sex in the Champagne Room"
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    Here is her problem: it is not so much that she may be coming to end of her productive years, it is that she has been dancing for 5 years and 1) here Prince Charming never showed up; and 2) the has no money and more debt than before the fresh-faced and naive 19 year old had when she decided to get rich and dance for a "couple of years." It isn't the model year that is getting her down, it's the mileage.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    I think BaddJack pretty much got it right. I have had several dancers in their thirties that ran circles around the younger ones in terms of skill and services delivered. Their body may not be quite so "cute" but if a girl takes care of herself and uses makeup wisely, she can pass for 30 when she's 40.

But psychologically, I would think a 24 year old is already in her 40s and a 40 year old is in the rocking chair. That is, the toil and turmoil of stripping takes its toll.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Could she be dyslexic and believe she's 42.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Good discussion. Postscript – I asked her why she was working on her birthday and not out partying. She said that several other dancers had birthdays coming up, and they had decided to go out together on the weekend and get really drunk. Hmm...4-5 drunken strippers, all needing consoling...sadly, I couldn’t find out when they planned to go.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I agree with Chandler about how 24 doesn't make her so young. At my ATF's club, most of the ladies there are probably 23 (my ATF's age) or younger, and only 2 (that I know about) are over 30. Ladies who are 24 don't have that much in common with those who are 19.
  • runnoft
    15 years ago
    Well, my current favorite dancer is in her early 40's. She is a body builder and has a fantastic body. When she is not training for a competition, she has enough body fat over her muscular frame to make her body look very firm, but still feminine. And in the VIP, she does things to me that I have never gotten from a 20 something dancer.
  • judyjudy
    15 years ago
    age is all a state of mind....if she takes good care of herself she will be able to go onstage as long as she wants to.

I wish i was able to go on stage at 24........
  • slickpeter
    15 years ago
    Some of the best dancers I know are in their 40s and even higher
  • stripclubspy
    15 years ago
    JJ, i'm afraid you're a bit optimistic. Most of the guys on here are older, and appreciate older women. A lot of the guys in clubs do not. I've had older dancers complain to me that the young guys taunt them and make fun of them. Sad to say, but at some point management will show all "older" dancers the door.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I can imagine a 21 year old dancer is still full of hope about how she wants her life to turn out. She's probably not planning on making a career out of dancing. Three years later probably seems like a long time and if she hasn't made any progress towards something better, it might be depressing. I had a dancer last weekend ask how old I was after she had me guess her age. She told me she thought I was full of it when I told her my actual age and wanted to see my drivers license to prove it. We changed the subject, I didn't want to get out my wallet.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I think people would believe me more often if I just lied more often.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Age is a very difficult thing to guess at.I probably underestimate the age of dancers.I, myself,pass off for 20 years younger than I am.I have no problem in producing my drivers license.I consider it to be a compliment.
  • Dain
    15 years ago
    Almost all girls whom I asked about their age tell me 23. Psychologically, that's the horniest age for most women.
  • stripclubspy
    15 years ago
    Actually, I remember reading somewhere that women reach their sexual peak around age 30... men at 18, sad to say.

• stripclubspy
    15 years ago
    One of our wise men here said that as he gets older, he's happy that he appreciates women of a wider age range then he did when he was younger. I couldn't agree more. When they look too young, however, it can bother me.

At Bogarts last winter I saw a dancer who was maybe 5' tall max, cute as a button, and looked 15. It was her first night dancing. I was waiting for a fav, so didn't avail myself of the opportunity, but I did give her a little shoulder massage to help her relax. Told me she was 21, and I believed her, but she sure didn't look it. What cemented the creepy part was her stage name... Miley, as in Miley Cyrus, as in Hanna Montana. I thought holy crap, when strippers are using "Miley" as a stage name I am getting way too old. I think others thought the same thing because she changed it later. Anyway, she said she was in school pre-dental, and a friend had told her this was a good place to make money and brought her in... ironically, her friend was about 6' without heels. Anyway, a few months later I was in and saw her again. The change almost appalled me. I saw her leading a man across the floor to the VIP, with a look of triumph on her face and a swagger in her step. Nothing wrong with confidence, but to me it spoke of corruption... the loss of innocence. I was afraid the formally sweet young thing had succumbed to the allures of the quick buck and sexual power of stripping. When I got a chance to talk to her, I asked if she was still in school, she said yes, and I said "Stay there! Don't get sucked in here long term!" She agreed that wasn't a good idea. I guess time will tell.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion