tuscl

How often do you tip the bathroom attendant?

potheadpl
Florida
Monday, September 14, 2009 11:06 PM
I visit three clubs on a regular basis. All have bathroom attendants. There are the usual mints, gum, and colognes available. I don't use their stuff. One guy is kind of a slacker, as he only wants to hand a customer a paper towel after they've washed hands. The other two are full service, as in they turn on the faucet and pump soap into your hands. How often should I be tipping these guys? I don't mind not tipping the lazy guy, because I can grab my own towel before he gets to me. The two others are tough, because they start the water as I walk up to the sink. I feel like a dick not tipping those guys(which is the point, I'm sure). Do you guys tip every time you use the facilities? Gets expensive if you're there for a while.

30 comments

• Book Guy
    15 years ago
    Never. Except when I feel really guilty.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    lopaw, If any of the women in your photos is you (I wish), any guy would be crazy not to try no matter you are an admitted lesbian. I know I would! As for the $3, you are correct. I once lent a guy I knew, but not a friend, some cash. I've never seen him since, so I think the $20 was a good investment to make him disappear from my life.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    The Landing Strip outside Detroit, R.I.P., used to have a guy in the restroom who would tell you his life story if you gave him the slightest chance. He would go on and on about how the attendant at Play House gave him his start and compare their two approaches to the lavatory arts. And this is AFTER I'd tipped him. It was as if he didn't realize there were half naked girls a few steps outside the door just waiting for a chance to grope with me.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    Clubber, It sometimes amazes me that guys will still hit on me when it's pretty obvious that I am at the club alone, and spending all of my time & money on other women. Go figure. Guess you can't blame some guys for trying. And that $3 was (in hindsight) a small price to pay for my sweet freedom!
  • lil dick
    15 years ago
    I leave a buck once every 2 or 3 trips. Honestly I wish those guys weren't there at all. I can pump my own soap. One guy in Richmond got pissy and blocked the door when I didn't leave a tip right away. Told him I was out of singles and he'd get one next time. As if.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    lopaw, I would image that by the time you went to the john, the guys in the club knew you would not be interested in them, correct? BTW, I guess $3 for an escape is ok, but I sure would balk at that!
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I dislike there presence so much that I never tip them.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I only tip the few that seem to take pride in their work and actually appear to be what an attendent should be.. For the most part, the ones I see are lazy and sit all day watching TV.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    If the attendent turns on the water for me, dispenses soap to me, and hands me a towel without me having to touch anything, I'll probably leave a dollar tip. I don't use the restroom that often during the night so it's not a major expense. I certainly won't tip more than that though and if they are lazy and just sit there without dispensing anything or handing anything to me, there's a good chance I won't tip them. If I'm having a great time in the club, there's always a chance I will tip anyway. Some bathroom attendents have little snack bags and if I get one of those, I'll definitely tip a dollar. I remember one dancer wanted a cheeto instead of a dollar for her stage tip from me. If only I could tip all the dancers a cheeto instead of a dollar, I would end up saving money.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    A $1. I appreciate 'em keeping the bathroom clean. Not shy at all so I don't see negative unless you like a nasty men's room.
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    A buck. What an otherwise thankless job. Imagine working in a room where drunks dudes are pissing and farting. Ouch.
  • harrydave
    15 years ago
    I tip $1 my first trip to the bathroom. I take a couple of breath mints and I thank the guy for handing me a paper towel. Honestly, what a pathetic job, worthy of just a little compassion.
  • tarp
    15 years ago
    You all appear ta frequent fancier strip clubs than I do.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    The great thing about jack joints, no bathroom attendents (or stalls for that matter).
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Every time I take a piss. $2 if I take a dump. That is the protocol, isn't it?
  • Slothrop
    15 years ago
    As mentioned in an earlier thread, I only tip them if they're reading books by Nietzsche. Otherwise, they're on their own.
  • Scoops
    15 years ago
    chandler, I finally understand the origin of number one and number 2! Myself, I'm in agreement with harrydave, if the guy is attentive I'll tip every couple of trips. I'll even talk to the guy if its not crowded, ask who his favorite dancer is. I've gotten some great tips from a few of them that way! I will add the bathroom guy in Paper Moon Springfield was the only one that ever acted like a jerk. No tip.
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    I will usually tip them a dollar. However, I don't care for the trolls in the bathrooms.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    $1.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    Thank goodness there are no bathroom trolls in the ladies room. I did tip a men's room troll $1 once (long story).
  • mmdv26
    15 years ago
    I'm with TARP on this one!!
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Expensive?? It might only add up to like $10 a night at the most! (what the strip club manager told me when I complained about the bathroom troll hustling for tips) There are four types of people I think try for tips at strip clubs besides the dancers. 1. door girls (I rarely tip them unless I have talked to them before and they have given conversation) 2. bartender/waitress (I tip $1-2 per drink or 20% if I am eating lunch or dinner at the club. Your $1 to the bartender/waitress will mean a lot more than your $1 tip to a stripper) 3. bathroom troll (I rarely tip unless we have had a conversation or I take something such as a mint, etc.) Also bathroom trolls can be useful at clubs when the clubs only want to give $2 bills as change. You can go to the bathroom trolls to break $20 and I will tip $1 for that. 4. DJ. I do not tip them unless I am requesting a specific song and they play it. I will no longer tip before because there have been times when I tip and then the song does not get played. I come over to remind him and he just goes "oh, we actually don't have that song available..."
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Also forgot to mention that after taking a piss is it really necessary to wash your hands every time??? Just walk out afterwards if you have hand trouble with not tipping the troll in the past...you are in a strip club not a restaurant! (unless of course you are eating at the club) Here is an article titled "Many Don't Wash Hands After Using the Bathroom" from the NY Times that mentioned many people who were interviewed claimed to wash their hands every time after using the bathroom but when observers were sent to watch in public restrooms they found the percentage of hand washers to be less. [view link]
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    lopaw, OK, you can't leave a statement like, "I did tip a men's room troll $1 once (long story).", out there hanging and not expand! :)
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I only tip if I get a mint or a lollipop or something, and then it's a dollar per item.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    yeah, I second clubber's post... I would be curious to learn about the adventures of lopaw. was it one of those SCs that did not have a female restroom?
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    I seem to like everything about these bathroom attendants. It is nice having clean facilities. Candies. An assortment of combs and brushes. Soaps and sprays. A sentry for making sure those hands get properly washed . . . without the sentry I'd bet fewer than 10 percent wash their hands at all. Add an attendant and it seems like a 100 percent. A government mandate for to protect health and safety seems in order; maybe a $250 fine for not tipping the attendant at least a $1. :) Hey, one of my stripper buddies got a $205 ticket for not paying a Sunpass toll----I believe the toll was only a $1.
    15 years ago
    I tip $1. I wouldn't want the job. Will take a mint or two. Will sometimes chat with the guy. On my recent Vegas trip I thought I recognized the men's room attendant at Treasures. Sure enough I knew him from OG, like 10 years ago. Nice guy.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    LOL OK - the story is boring, so sorry if it disappoints: One day at my fave club I was in dire need of some gum after having polished off an oniony sandwich. There was no gum in the vending machine (which was located next to the men's room), and the men's room troll popped his head out and asked me if I'd like a stick of gum. I thought it was a very nice offer, so I said ok. Instead of bringing the gum out to me (I was all of 3 feet away), he asked me to come into the restroom. Ew. This poor guy was very lonely. So I went in and he wouldn't let me leave! He was talking a blue streak with me while all of these confused guys were coming in. Some guys even checked the outside of the door to make sure it was the men's room! Finally he "offered" me the gum for $2. WTF? $2 for a STICK of gum? So I gave him $3 to just get the hell outta there. I promise my next story will be juicier.
  • notgreenvegas
    15 years ago
    I give em a tip GET A JOB LOSER!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion