tuscl

Need Drink Advice

Monday, August 10, 2009 6:06 PM
I have a new OTC gal. On our first date, a couple of days ago, she chided me for being a teetotaler who doesn't drink and wants me to have booze available for our next date. The only two drink combinations I know are a screwdriver and rum & cola. Where can I do a crash course for drink combinations and what are some good basic types of booze to keep around? BTW, I'm a teetotaler because of an allergy to ethyly alcohol. I just need to get her liquored up.

9 comments

• gatorfan
    15 years ago
    In case anyone else needed to look up what that word was: Did she actually use that particular word? ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Teetotalism is the practice and promotion of complete abstinence from alcoholic beverages. A person who practices (and possibly advocates) teetotalism is called a teetotaler or teetotaller (plural teetotalers or teetotallers) or is simply said to be teetotal. Some common reasons for choosing teetotalism are religious, health, family, philosophical and/or social reasons, and, sometimes, as simply a matter of taste preference. When at drinking establishments, they either abstain from drinking or consume non-alcoholic beverages such as tea, coffee, water, juice, and soft drinks. Contemporary and colloquial usage has somewhat expanded teetotalism to include strict abstinence from most "recreational" intoxicants (legal and illegal, see controlled substances). Most teetotaller organizations also demand from their members that they do not promote or produce non-alcoholic intoxicants.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    Did you develop/discover ethyl alcohol allergy on the "drunkest night of your life"? (RE: Vegas 30K Charge thread post). Hey, that means you should probably avoid self service pumps (and putting gas in lawnmower & cutting grass) and cold climates ( its tough to see out frosted windows without scraping ice & spraying Prestone on it). Just ask your date what her favorite drinks are, and happy hunting.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    TUSCL_Brother-thanks a bunch !! Much appreciated. minnow-yes, I do have to avoid a lot of vapor situtions. There was even a few years of my childhood where one whiff of brake fluid (open bottle in a garage) and I got woozy. Truth is, I've had a drink seven times in my life and been drunk four of those times. Two of those drunks, my alcohol intake was only enough to give the casual drinker a mild buzz. Two times I did pile it on ( Marine boot graduation-battle aftermath five years later).
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Tequila makes her clothes fall off!
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    I am a moderate drinker. I respect those who don't drink. It's an individual choice and the reasons are absolutely none of my business. No one has the right to impose their personal conduct, choices, desires, politics or religion on anyone else.
  • bumrubber
    15 years ago
    Get a copy of Mr. Boston, the bartender's reference.
  • pop
    15 years ago
    Most younger girls seem to like Vodka. If you go with Tequila stay away from Cuervo. Get some Milagro. It's good and reasonably priced.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    pop, My wife drinks tequila and doesn't care for anything BUT Cuervo. Taste is subjective.
  • harrydave
    15 years ago
    I'm gonna agree with minnow. Ask her what she likes. However, if I had no idea but I wanted to be a good Boy Scout, and be prepared, for a lady I think I would stock: Bacardi Rum Grey Goose Vodka Jose Cuervo Tequila Champagne (California Brut) Coke OJ Cranberry, Cranapple, or CranRaspberry juice Tonic Margarita mix That's about a $75 investment. But if it makes her clothes come off, it's worth it!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion