tuscl

Do you think a BJ is sex?

Sunday, July 5, 2009 4:10 AM
I read an article in the paper that said a survey of college age girls indicated only around 37 percent of females thought a BJ was sex. A higher percentage of men said it was. I think I'm going to change my view about this. If so many college age girls think a BJ is just having a little bit of fun and not sex, who am I to stop them? I can suck on a girl's nipples and I don't think that is sex so I don't see why the girls can't suck on one of our body parts. In other news, I read an article the other day that indicated girls who swallow on a regular basis have a lower incidence of breast cancer. This was from a study at a major university. I'll try to find the link to the article.

30 comments

• shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Bill Clinton said NO!!!
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    To me a BJ is fun before sex. I want the real deal (sexual intercourse).
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    BJ's are further than HJ's but not actual sex. I'm sure there are many who consider both BJ or HJ a sex act but that would mean not all sex acts are sex. It's the orgasm and ejaculation that we want, to satisfy the sexual urge and however its attained would qualify as a sexual release but still not be by sexual intercourse. Definitions are too damn confusing, we just want to get off who cares what they want to call it.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    Depends what the meaning of is is. (Not this debate again...)
  • Semantics, but important semantics. ... No, a BJ isn't sex. Yes, a BJ is a sex act. In my opinion, a sex act might as well be sex. It is important and "sacred" enough of an activity for me to see that as an adequate substitute for sex. So, I guess what I'm saying is, No but close enough. Does that make any sense?
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    If you have to ask, you're getting lousy blow jobs.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Is a BJ not also commonly called "Oral Sex?" Yes. Here's how you can test whether those 63% of college girls actually believe a BJ is not sex: For any of them who has an exclusive boyfriend, ask her if it is acceptable for him to get a BJ from any other woman. Sex includes many activities besides actual intercourse. And none of those activities would be tolerated by a significant-other or spouse, if done outside the relationship.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    how: "Here's how you can test whether those 63% of college girls actually believe a BJ is not sex: For any of them who has an exclusive boyfriend, ask her if it is acceptable for him to get a BJ from any other woman. " I think your logic is a bit broken here. Would they think it was acceptable for their boyfriend to make out with other women? I don't think anyone considers making out to be sex.
  • Yoda
    15 years ago
    "If you have to ask, you're getting lousy blow jobs." Bingo!
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    casualguy: "In other news, I read an article the other day that indicated girls who swallow on a regular basis have a lower incidence of breast cancer" OTOH, there is beleived to be a positive correlation to how many BJs a girl gives and her chance of developing throat cancer. The HPV virus is suspected.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Dougster, my logic may be as flawed as you noted. However, I also reject the analogy you present between making out and getting a BJ. How about this: A penis penetrating any orifice on anyone else is a sexual act.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Many young women think that giving a BJ is not cheating as for some reason they place a higher value on the sanctity of their vagina over their mouth. How, You are not the flawed one.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    To some young women, cheating means sex where they risk getting pregnant, and therefore caught. I knew a stripper who believed that anal sex was not cheating.
  • steveabn
    15 years ago
    This study applies specifically to college girls, with the younger generations norms will change from what we are use to. Just because a 21 year old girl doesn't think it is sex doesn't mean it won't be considered sex by others. Again the name as mentioned above is oral sex. Ask a 44 year old woman if she considers it sex, she will probably say yes and that she don't do that no more. It more of a generational value change.
  • judyjudy
    15 years ago
    well , I would say that a BJ would be considered sex. Anytime bodily fluids are exchanged I would consider it sex. As far as the breast cancer situation..............i will not be getting it if the article is correct.
  • judyjudy
    15 years ago
    well you asked TUSCL_Brother ..............
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    judyjudy said: "As far as the breast cancer situation..............i will not be getting it if the article is correct." Judy, you just get better and better each day!
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    This may be the dumbest question ever, of course it is. You have your member in a lady's mouth and it feels good, of course it's sex. Of course, it's not vaginal penetration. Just something one dancer told me once, apparently she doesn't think anal sex is sex.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    A BJ is simply a form of oral sex.
  • SirenOfTitan
    15 years ago
    Another woman's opinion: oral sex, anal sex and vaginal sex are all sex.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Welcome, SirenOfTitan! Your opinion seems straightforward and accurate, BTW...
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    "I did not have sexual relations with that woman...", so no, it is not sex!
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    So phone sex must be sex, too, cause it's got "sex" right there in the name?
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    chandler: You'll have to forgive MisterGay. You see logic is not his strong suit. OTOH, he is an incredible respecter of whores, a world class reviewer of whore houses, and the ultimate short bus rider!
  • SirenOfTitan
    15 years ago
    Phone sex isn't sex, IMO. I agree with judyjudy that "sex" includes any act in which there is an exchange of bodily fluids. Any act during which I would require my partner to wear a condom (those acts in the context of a long-term, monogamous relationship not withstanding) is sex, as far as I'm concerned.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "So phone sex must be sex, too, cause it's got "sex" right there in the name?" Not so fast chandler...
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    If a college age girl says she doesn't want to have sex but she doesn't consider a BJ to be sex, I'm not going to argue. I will say it's not sex. That's what I was hinting at without saying it. I do remember one girl told me it was just foreplay, apparently no big deal to her. I think we should reconsider and say that BJ's are not sex. Then girls all over can have a little bit of fun without the sex word getting involved. Getting everyone on board might be a problem though.
  • SirenOfTitan
    15 years ago
    I think it would be incredibly irresponsible to treat an act that has the potential to spread disease as "no big deal." If anything, college age women need to reconsider their position that a blow job is NOT sex. Being on the receiving end of bodily fluids upon completion of a blow job, they are even more prone to STIs than their male partners.
  • SirenOfTitan
    15 years ago
    Also, thank you for the welcome, how!
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    Gives me gratification. Don't care if it's technically "sex" or not. And I'd like to know about the survey of high school students -- did they ask, "Can you get sexually transmitted diseases from blowjobs, if blowjobs are sex?" and get a lot of "no" answers; or did they ask, "Can you get sexually transmitted diseases from blowjobs?" and ALSO "Would you say you were 'having sex' if you and your partner were regularly engaging in blowjobs?" One would be a waste of time to ask; the other would be useful and informative, of what high school kids know about sexuality. Because the first combined-into-a-mish-mush question is exactly the sort of misleading game that the Puritanical right often plays, creating a myth about how "misinformed" high school kids are, when often, it seems to me, most high school kids are extremely well informed about sexuality, much more so than most members of the Puritanical right. The second pair of questions would be much more "fair" and the answers more informative. The first set would "force" respondents into answering in such a manner that it looked like they didn't know that BJs could transmit herpes, for instance, even if they did know that they could.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion