tuscl

The SC Soundtrack

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:47 AM
Any songs out there which have a particular story or meaning that ties back to an experience (good or bad) at a club? For those that do the road warrior thing, any suggestions for the playlist in between stops?

16 comments

• Clubber
    15 years ago
    Rarely, is there SC music I enjoy.
  • how
    15 years ago
    "You Know that I'm No Good," by Amy Winehouse. A dancer at a club near El Paso sang that for me once, when I was the only customer at the club. This lady sang the song better than the bee-hive-hairdo'd Brit herself. It was simply amazing!
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    It doesn't need to be a song that you heard on a visit, just something you associate with the scene. I'll put one out there. "Hey Nineteen" by Steely Dan. Never heard it in a club, but it was playing somewhere in the back of my mind watching a young dancer (the crown of her head really) as she texted away to something from across the table. Carmen was 21 when I met her. Copped to 20 by the time I had her number that night. Turns out she was...wait for it...19. She stopped at some point and asked what I was smiling at, after which we had a meal garnished with mind-numbing conversation. Beautiful girl. Not a beautiful mind. > Hey Nineteen > No we got nothin' in common > No we can't talk at all > Please take me along when you slide on down The debate will never end on OTC vs ITC, but for almost everything I prefer things to stay ITC.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    how, that's pretty cool. The last time a dancer sang to me it was *not* better than the original. Not at all.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    A very young dancer I know is crazy about Patsy Cline. So on those rare occasions that I might hear one of those songs it always makes me think of her. And in her club, the girls will sometimes slect play Patsy Cline on the jukekbox (no DJ in this particular place) as sort of a tribute to a friend. Another retired dancer and friend loves anything by Jim Morrison. So when I hear anything by The Doors, I always think of her. What's ironic in both these cases is that the music is so far afield f;rom what their generations prefers. Another music acecdote--in clubs that let dancers choose their own music, and if you know the dancers well enough, you can tell who's danceing by what's playing.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    gk, I, too, like Patsy Cline, but I just can't get a "picture" of her songs in a SC.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    "Waiting for tonight" by Jennifer Lopez. It was not "OUR" song but every time I hear it I think of my 1st ATF.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    "Mercy" by Duffy. Got a great lapdance to that tune. By the end, I was the one begging for mercy.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    A few years back in Az I had a favorite that gave great dances to Pink Floyd's Dirty Woman". At least I think that was the name of the song.
  • how
    15 years ago
    One song that came to mind reading this thread--and it ties in with current Michael Jackson mania--"Liberian Girl." This song was playing during a visit to some club in a town I cannot recall. But I remember fondly the gorgeous dancer who made that song one to summon a pleasant reminiscence... Wow! She was smokin'-hawt!
    15 years ago
    One that comes to mind is "Bed of Roses" by BonJovi. My fave at the time and another girl made out and rolled around the stage to that song. It was hot and you didn't see that sort of thing back then much. I still remember that scene fondly, 15-20 years later!
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    This topic had me stumped for some time, then it hit me. My ATF is one of the few dancers that loved to dance to heavy metal and such, a genre I love. The fist song I remember her dancing to, Du Hast, by Ramstein.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    re: any suggestions for the playlist in between stops? “Bad Girlfriend” – Theory of a Dead Man “Don’t Trust Me” – 3OH!3 “Just Dance” – Lady GaGa "Good Girls Go Bad" - Cobra Starship "Love in this Club" - Usher “Do You Wanna Touch Me (There)” – Joan Jett “Something in Your Mouth” – Nickelback “Should I Stay or Should I Go Now” - Clash
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    The song "Keep on Loving You" by REO Speedwagon always reminds me of my first ATF, because the first time I met her, she was the last dancer of the night on the main stage and that was her song. For the current ATF, the analogous song is "Famous" by Puddle of Mudd, at least if you remove the part about it being the song they played for her when I first met her. There's also that Gasolina song, which I would have never heard without a strip club involved.
  • kyking
    15 years ago
    "Sexy Motherfucker" by Prince. First heard it at Dancer's in Indianapolis and had an amazing dance with the hottest dancer ever.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Whenever I hear a Jennifer Lopez song (or J.Lo or whatever the fuck she goes by now), I think of booty...that woman would give a great lap dance!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion