tuscl

Do you think any vice cops work as dancers?

Saturday, June 6, 2009 3:08 PM
Just wondering. If they did, I might wonder if they were working undercover as vice or moonlighting. This thread seems like a set up for a million puns.

15 comments

• gatorfan
    15 years ago
    No
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    This is a byproduct of 1970's TV cop shows. NO female cop today would go "undercover" as a dancer, however, if soething large enough was going on, it's not entirely unthinkable that a "house mom" would be undercover. This goes with a caveat that house moms, like managers, are well known in the local area. For instance, the same owners control five clubs in Houston, and it's rumored that an organized crime group operates five more.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    It's quite possible they have undercover cops. They definitely use informants when they are conducting major take down operations.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I doubt it. We all know that female cops have posed as street walkers to bust "Johns". No club would knowingly let vice work in their club. Can you say entrapment?
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Entrapment has a very different meaning for the judiciary and law enforcement. For example, a police officer is allowed to dress up as prostitute and wiggle her ass, bounce her breasts, and blow kisses to potential law violators. No entrapment according to the judiciary---just good police work to make our streets safe from law violators. Somehow the same police officer working in a stripclub is entrapment? Seems less like entrapment, imo.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    One more thing to consider-Cops go through academies for months at a time and work as patrol officers for a good while before they can work undercover. Cops get distinctive mannerisms. An undercover female cop would be a dead giveaway. About twenty years ago, some friends were going through a Police academy. On their first allowed night out, they headed to a strip joint. They had hardly been seated when a waittress walked up and asked:"What will you Officers have?." My friend was blown away by this. I explained it to him. "Let me guess" I said, "you walked in, stepped aside from the front door to let your eyes adjust, them you picked seats that allowed you to have your back secure while you could easily see the front door." Bingo.
  • tdn
    15 years ago
    Of course they do. We've solved every crime involving transgressions against life, liberty, and property so it's only right that they start sting operations in strip clubs. The goal, of course, is to arrest anyone who appears to be having any kind of fun.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    In the 2008 scandal that toppled the Mayor of Detroit, one persistent rumor focused on a cop moonlighting as a stripper. Other cops on the Mayor's protection unit knew about it and hired her to dance at the Mayor's mansion. Just a small rumor in a much larger mess, but we keep hearing about a few off duty policewomen moonlighting as dancers, not undercover.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I wouldn't doubt it if there were an undercover cop working as a dancer. That would seem to be a rather obvious move for a law enforcement agency that wants to get rid of its stripclubs. Of course, I don't know of any stories where that proved true.
  • robofan
    15 years ago
    I wouldn't worry about dancers being undercover cops. What do you think that in the middle of a bj that they will whip out their badge and place you under arrest. If there are any cops who work as dancers on the side they would want to keep it more secret that you do.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    A woman cop can work undercover as a street hooker, because she only has to dress the part and stand out on the sidewalk. She never has to take any clothes off to make a bust. To go undercover as a stripper, she would have to strip. Forget about the fact that lap dances or extras would be more than any cop would be assigned to do. She wouldn't even do what it takes to get hired. Stripper informants, now that I can see. However, I think it's safe to say they would only be informing on others' activities, not customers they blow in the VIP.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I've seen some feature entertainers dress up as cops except I don't think their shirts were properly buttoned up all the way. That particular outfit doesn't really do anything for me. I'm not into getting handcuffed or tied up even though some people may be.
  • krazy88
    15 years ago
    Tuscl_Brother One time a dancer did ask me if I was a cop and I responded no(i believe it has something to do with if you are a cop and you get asked you have to respond yes because if you are and dont say anything and bust them for extras it is entrapment) so i turned the question around on her and she responded no so everything was good As for informants I think that it would be really hard to prove something like that unless the cops do a raid and catch you in the act other than that it is your word against hers
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    krazy88, that is actually an urban legend, a cop is actually allowed to lie about not being a cop and get away with it if they bust you drug dealing, etc.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Krazy, you must have missed the "Dancers asking if you're a cop" thread. This is evidently a very persistent myth. Also, informants aren't the same as witnesses. They are used to provide leads for cops to make raids, not to testify.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion