tuscl

Name That Hobby

Sunday, May 24, 2009 12:31 AM
What's in a name? Can anybody think of something catchy, yet universal to call this thing of ours? "Strip Clubbing" is functional, but maybe could use some fine tuning. "Mongering" is interesting, and guys around here get what that is, but it doesn't necessarily fit. So let's have it. What should this hobby be called?

13 comments

• arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    Personally I can't see it as a hobby. I think it is an addiction.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    Let's not kid ourselves. It's a sickness.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    "Addiction" is taken. Many, many times over. But it would be interesting to see what type of disorder the physicianistas could lay on it. "Clothing Intolerance Syndrome" or something of the like...
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    "Sickness" is taken, too.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    "Perving" used to work for me until that got hijacked by a different meaning. "SCing" is fine for typing, but doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. Good question, Wellanon, although I'm afraid "hobby" is taken, too. I kind of like "sickness". As a verb, we could say we're "getting sick" or "sicking" which could be typed as "SCing". Yeah, I like that.
  • rekrap
    15 years ago
    I think it should have something to do with the word "peelers"...my buddy's and I would say were heading to the peelers...or rippers..."rippen it at the peelers"
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    My fave-trolling for trollops
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    Trolling for trollops. I like that. It has onomoopea - kind of brings up a memory of Edgar Allen Poe, doesn't it. Only trouble is, I think the word "Trollop", while technically accurate enough, has become obsolescent as far as normal everyday usage. I guess "clubbing" might be the simplest overall one-word description of what we do. That means "Clubber" has an advantage over all the rest of us since he built that right into his name. (However, I notice that on is Icon he uses the term "Clubber" in quite a different context)
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    rofl@ "clothing intolerance syndrome" Contributing to the community college fund for local single mothers.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    arbeeguy, "Clubber" was intended as you suggested, since I did visit many. I was in the top 10 of reviewers before I retired. The photos came much later and the one I use was just to be crude.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Usually, I just call it "stripclubbing", or just simply "clubbing". I'm not sure it needs to change its name. I also favor addiction over hobby, although I tell people its a hobby.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    A few years, a buddy and I used to call it "friction hunt" and "mammary quest".
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I see no reason to change it from strip clubbing. It defines it very well. There are tons of clubs around. IE country clubs, reading clubs,polo clubs, chess clubs, sports clubs. Strip only defines the type of club it is.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion