tuscl

52- yr-old novice stripper attacked by one in her late 40s (?!)

yndy
Maryland
Tuesday, April 21, 2009 1:41 AM
Police say novice stripper attacked by shoe-wielding rival By Akron Beacon Journal staff POSTED: 12:30 p.m. EDT, Apr 20, 2009 A 52-year-old woman who took a job as an exotic dancer to help make ends meet was attacked on her first day by a jealous co-worker armed with a stiletto shoe, police said. The altercation occurred Friday night at Club 1245 at 1245 E. Tallmadge Ave., according to Akron police. The victim received multiple cuts to her face that were treated at a local hospital with seven staples, police said. She has refused to discuss the incident with detectives. Police said the victim needed extra money and got the job with the help of a friend. Friday was her first day, and as she walked into the basement dressing room, she was attacked by a co-worker armed with the shoe, police said. ''The other girls were upset she was there and said, 'We don't need any more dancers around here,' '' Akron police Lt. Rick Edwards said. A dancer then took her high-heeled shoe and began striking the rookie stripper in the face, police said. The victim was taken to Akron General Medical Center, where nurses contacted police. The victim left the emergency room before police arrived. Edwards said the dancer did not want to make a report. However, hospital officials are obligated under Ohio law to report the assault. The suspect is described only as a black female in her late 40s. A 52-year-old woman who took a job as an exotic dancer to help make ends meet was attacked on her first day by a jealous co-worker armed with a stiletto shoe, police said. The altercation occurred Friday night at Club 1245 at 1245 E. Tallmadge Ave., according to Akron police. The victim received multiple cuts to her face that were treated at a local hospital with seven staples, police said. She has refused to discuss the incident with detectives. Police said the victim needed extra money and got the job with the help of a friend. Friday was her first day, and as she walked into the basement dressing room, she was attacked by a co-worker armed with the shoe, police said. ''The other girls were upset she was there and said, 'We don't need any more dancers around here,' '' Akron police Lt. Rick Edwards said. A dancer then took her high-heeled shoe and began striking the rookie stripper in the face, police said. The victim was taken to Akron General Medical Center, where nurses contacted police. The victim left the emergency room before police arrived. Edwards said the dancer did not want to make a report. However, hospital officials are obligated under Ohio law to report the assault. The suspect is described only as a black female in her late 40s.

7 comments

• Dudester
    15 years ago
    Really sad, that the economy is bad enough to sell your body, then to be attacked for it. Worse yet, you make national news. Beyond humiliating.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I was not there, so I cannot say what started it. But I do know that most cat fights get started by new dancers. Stepping on the toes of the more senior ones, etc. I personally know of 2 favorites that have been involved in fights. The 1st broke a glass and was about to stab the other, when it got broken up. The 2nd, and still one of my favorites, went to the aid of a friend that was losing a fight. All 5 dancers got sent home. 2 of them are still working at the club. The 2 newbies were never seen again.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    Do you think the rookie dancers talk to the experienced dancers regulars without knowing and get the experienced dancers upset or do the experienced dancers just have it out for anyone that doesn't fit their circle? Maybe it's some of both or either or. I remember when one 21 year old dancer watched me like a hawk when I first entered her club and seemed to almost swoop in and chase off any dancer that dared to talk to me before she had a chance.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Having know more than a few dancers, personally, there IS a pecking order in clubs. It should NOT be breached!
  • yndy
    15 years ago
    i'll try to post a video interview: [view link]
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    The girl who attacked her is in her late 40s and was probably the only "older" dance there. When she saw a dance just as old as her she probably got jealous about it. "we don't need TWO old dancers here!!!" The dancer who did the attack was in her late 40s and went by the name of "Beautiful" Interesting story, thanks for the link.
  • Notsosly
    15 years ago
    Pecking order among women isn't restricted to just strip clubs... it pretty much occurs in any and all environments that have more than 1 woman.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion