tuscl

loki's Playhouse Lounge review

uscue13
California
Thursday, March 26, 2009 8:46 PM
Don't specifically want to throw more fuel into the problems some people perceive with Playhouse Lounge reviews, but is there some way to take into account a review such as Loki's today? He has left 13 reviews since Sept. 2007 and each review is just a copy and paste of the exact same thing. Split evenly between PL and Grandview club. Looking at the dates of reviews, it seems as just posting something as a way to stay a member that can read reviews every month but the least we can do is make it so you have to actually contribute. I wouldn't consider copying and pasting a generic review that could apply to any club in America as contributing.

14 comments

• shadowcat
    15 years ago
    uscue, That is the worst case of fraud that I have ever seen on here. I know what I would do if this were my site.
  • mreef
    15 years ago
    Who else registers for this site other than strip club patrons? Because if he was a patron (even going infrequently), it wouldn't be difficult to put together quick reviews of places he's been. So if he's not a patron, I can only think of 3 other things: - Club owner/manager - Dancer - Law Enforcement All 3 would use the site for "research" purposes.
  • nj_pete
    15 years ago
    Agreed, violation of sites policies I would think.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    Has anyone brought it to founders attention?
  • founder
    15 years ago
    minnow is right. guys... if there is ever an issue like this, don't hesitate to drop me a message. this problem has been eradicated
  • StripShopper
    15 years ago
    Founder, Have you ever considered "Weighting" a reviewers post by the amount of time as a "Joined Member". 1 month or less = 5% - of posted club score effects the moving club average. 3 month or less = 15% 6 months or less = 25% 1 years = 50% 2 years = 100% This would mean that members with longevity with the site and most likely with more experience would have a greater impact on club scores. And would diminish the current effect experienced for this club. Just a Thought
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    It's a review site. It's not a social club. Why should any one factor dominate how reviews are weighted and considered?
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    SS...they do this sort of thing already...it's a LOT more complicated than that though...
  • StripShopper
    15 years ago
    Wallanon: My question back...What's a better suggestion for someone that logs-on with multiple new "identities" for the express purpose of moving a club rating into the top ten list? Noun 1. Social Club - a formal association of people with similar interests. This may not be a Formal Association...but I would at least hope, that you're here because you have a similar interest with all the rest of us. That being Accurate information about Strip Clubs. MisterGuy: I hope you're right...but it still pisses me off that the PlayHouse is such a highly rated club. The place is a rip joint in my book, which is most likely run by guys reminiscent of the Sapranos.
  • smackedass
    15 years ago
    Playhouse aint a shit hole but not Scores either. Place is about moderately hot foreign girls rubbing one off. Maybe someone should define "value" because I see value as any time a girl sticks her hands in my pants value! I dont see it in any Top 10? Was it?
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    A couple of years ago it was in the Top 5. Hasn't been in the Top 10 in a long time. BTW, will this site ever go back to the Top 40 lists? 10 just isn't enough.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "but it still pisses me off that the PlayHouse is such a highly rated club. The place is a rip joint in my book, which is most likely run by guys reminiscent of the Sapranos." Well, it isn't a "highly rated club" anymore...it's only currently a 7.98/10, which wouldn't put it in any of the Top 10 lists. founder already said that he "fixed" the problem that this thread is all about. As far as it being a ripoff joint, I would agree that the NJ dollar parade that's apparently in full-force there is a real drag, but the club seems to be very "popular" at least within the eastern PA/NJ scene. Almost every region has a club like that...whether it's because of the "extras" that can be had, the decor/reputation, or whatever other criteria that one can imagine. "BTW, will this site ever go back to the Top 40 lists? 10 just isn't enough." I firmly agree!
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I agree, clubs with extras can be popular. Yes, a Top 40 would be better.
  • JerseyJack
    15 years ago
    After a brief purge, it looks like loki's back and his most recent Playhouse Lounge review is (as the Talking Heads would say) "same as it ever was." In its entirety: "This club is great. Nice relaxing environment and lovely ladies. Great place to come and unwind or have a bachelor party. The VIP rooms are highly recommended, you definetely [sic] leave with a smile on your face. If you're having a bad day come here and you're sure to leave in a much better mood." Never mind that the review is recycled .... it's not even INTERESTING. It's so generic and non-specific that it can be applied to almost any club out there. This is the height of TUSCL laziness. Founder: why even approve such fluff?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion