tuscl

Do some clubs pay the dancers to keep working?

Monday, March 23, 2009 2:02 AM
Do some clubs pay the dancers to work there? I was at one club and there were more dancers than customers and not too many of the customers on a good night seem to buy lap dances. I just don't see how that many dancers can afford to keep working there. Maybe the fees to work there are small or they do get paid by the club.

12 comments

• casualguy
    15 years ago
    Maybe the club gets a lot busier after I leave and I'm not seeing that. It's a mystery to me.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    One good customer can make a night. One good night can make a week. Or maybe they just have no other place to be.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    In the situation described, I would bet the dancers are paying the club. Once they've committed to paying a stage fee, they hang around until they can make at least enough to pay it. Besides, tney might be fined for leaving early. If the club were paying them, more would probably have been sent home.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I highly doubt it since they are independent contractors. My favorite club can be like that in the middle of the week. The last time I went in the middle of the week, one of my favorites was there and after we did our dances, she told me that she was happy she could go home.
  • CarolinaWanderer
    15 years ago
    Some clubs require dancers to work at least one "slow" night before being allowed to work the weekend. Otherwise many of us midweek daytime guys would be out of luck.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    High number of dancers due to the economy, that and quality dancers floating a good club and avoiding the hole in the wall places.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    At my favorite club the cut off point for tip outs is 5:00 P.M. After that time it costs the dancers more to work there. Many of them have a dollar goal for the day and leave as soon as they reach it. Others have to leave at a certain time to pick up their kids from day care, etc. Because of the economy, the night shift dancers keep coming in earlier and earlier. This causes there to be too many dancers working at certain times. Usually 3-5PM. This pisses the day shift dancers off.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Do some clubs pay the dancers to work there?" Yes, there is such a thing as hiring a set of "house dancers" from a service that will supply them. They will usually work for a set fee for the entire night, and they may or may not have to pay the club for any LDs that they do. More than likely though what you saw is just a bunch of strippers workin' because they needed the money... [view link]
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I saw an ad for Centerfold Club in Ohio and they guarantee their new dancers to make at least $100 a day. Also I remember Danny's Gold Fox (which is out of business) used to promise new dancers $1,000 at the end of their first full month of dancing. Also I know some dancers who consider their job to be also going out for them.
  • Tucker40
    15 years ago
    Club I frequent both charges house fees and fines dancers for being late or leaving early or staying out too late on break. You get the idea.
  • twbird44
    15 years ago
    I do not know of any club that pays dancers to work at the club, but I have recently seen a change in operations at a couple of clubs in Vegas. At one Vegas club the dancers no longer pay a tip-out fee to a manager. The dancers only pay the house fee and keep everything they make. Secondly, the clubs are starting to drop the entrance cover fee as a sign of the bad economy. Also, I know that former dancers are coming back into the strip club business because they couldn't make it at a regular job because of the bad economy.
  • jester214
    15 years ago
    I was at a club one evening with a friend... When we went in there were probably 8 other guys in there. That number never got above 10 and got as low as 4. Yet the whole time there were atleast 14-20 dancers in there. I had girls sit with me after telling them I would not be getting a dance from them EVER. I also saw dancers sitting in groups reading and doing other activities I've never seen them do... They all told me it just happened to be one of those blue moon really slow nights.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion