tuscl

Not sure what to make of this dancer

danv001
Massachusetts
Sunday, February 15, 2009 3:13 AM
I have been going to see a particular dancer for about the nlast three years. I have gone to see her in a couple of different clubs. I usually nspend about two hours during which I will get a private dance in addition to spending other money on her. I give her a couple of gifts during the year also. I have her phone number & she has mine & we talk maybe once a week. I have never seen her outside the club during that time. Other than the fact that I enjoy seeing her is it really worth it.

10 comments

• SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Are you getting out of this relationship what you want? Does this make you happy or do you want more? Dancers will play some guys for regular money, dinners or gifts giving nothing in return--not even a thank you. Three years is a long time to hang out with a dancer and still wonder if it's worth it.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "is it really worth it." Only you can answer that question based on your own needs and expectations...
  • gk
    15 years ago
    You're part of her marketing mix campaign. Most smarter dancers collect phone numbers of guys who they know like to buy dancers from them and spend time with them in the club. To generate their own cash flow and bar traffic, these dancers will start dialing their phone book the day before or the morning they come into work to encourage their "friends" to stop in. And they'll keep dialing during the day to get customers out, depending on how busy it is. It's one of the oldest and most effective personal dancer marketing strategies in the SC business. Don't let it get to your head.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Sounds like an ideal situation. You have a reliable "date" whenever you want, with someone who you enjoy being with, without all the drama and no strings attached. Its kinda of like having a bartender who makes your favorite drink just the way you like it, or a barber who cuts your hair just right. You know your visit is going to be a pleasant experience. Are you sure you want to complicate things?
  • 3LeggedMan
    15 years ago
    Let's say you come into some great tickets for a concert, sports event, or theatre production. Would you call that dancer and invite her to join you? Would she accept? Just a thought to put the relationship in context.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    Just a thought, skip a week on the call and see how it goes.
  • SteveSmith
    15 years ago
    Just asking the question "is it worth it?" probably means you're getting bored with this dancer and you want to move on. Variety is the spice of life. Try another club for a few weeks or split your time with her and another dancer.
  • GRENDELZ
    15 years ago
    I agree with GK, its just clever marketing. Skip a week and see if she calls again. You might fall of her list of GUARANTEED MONEY.
  • whghIost
    15 years ago
    Well, I have been seeing a dancer for about 5 months. It started with light interactions in the VIP to much more. I do notice that she is not interested in me as much as i do for her. I would prefer that she was into me more. I am not sure if I could last as long as you have with your dancer. My dancer has a boyfriend. So, it is difficult for her to call me. She may call, but her boyfriend does not work. Sounds like he is a control freak.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    wghlost-- You summed things up with the words "I noticed that she is not interested in me as much as I do for her." You have to be smart about these things. She's using you and you are using her. (That's not a negative or being judgmental, it's just the facts.) Don't get carried away with these things, it can get a little messy otherwise. It's OK to have fund and be friends just don't get obsessed. If and when things get more real, you'll know because you won't be asking these questions.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion