tuscl

Valentine's Day Gifts for Dancers (besides money)

reignfire
South Carolina
Tuesday, February 10, 2009 4:47 AM
I was "thinking" about getting a Valentine's Day gift for a dancer but I don't want to look like a PL. Any ideas on what would be kind of a nice gift w/o looking pathetic?

17 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    If you live near a Spencer's (they are mostly in malls), then they carry playboy bunny stuff. You could also probably order it online. I have never been to a SC on valentine's day, but I would guess that the dancers themselves must kind of feel like PLs because they are working instead of going out on a real date.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Any ideas on what would be kind of a nice gift w/o looking pathetic?" No gifts!
  • now_starring
    15 years ago
    If you and the dancer are "club" friends then ask her what she wants. Do this only if she is sure you have no romantic interest in her. If you do, then I would suggest not buying her anything, and finding a new club or at least a new dancer.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Do you have any hobbies that you'd like to share and a woman might be interested in? Here in Miami some exotic fruits (that are difficult to find in the supermarket) are well received especially if there is a personal connection. Personal connection meaning you either grew 'em in your backyard or you know a lot about them because that is your interest. Super high end chocolate might be appropriate---if you know what makes special. Women love chocolate, but if it is a chocolate that readily available it doesn't make a whole lot of sense unless it is a traditional type relationship where the girl is expecting it. Godiva chocolate seems like a real cut above the rest, but maybe that's because I haven't eaten enough high end chocolate. :) My 2 cents or less is that I wouldn't worry about looking like a PL; if a stripper has that mindset a gift or no gift ain't going to make much difference. Remember some strippers think you're a real loser because you "have" to pay for it---some men think the same way. Now being a PL, that is a different story. Unless you're from a stripper level background it doesn't seem like a good place to pick up women. I get disgusted seeing customers fall in love and who have absolutely no savvy when it comes to playing the game. Even worse, imo, are customers who think all dancers are all motivated mainly by $$$. HINT: If money was really all important to all strippers, then you wouldn't see some of 'em latch on to loser boyfriends who take all their earnings. Loser boyfriends can cost a lot of $$$ and it isn't like there is a penis shortage. At least when I pay for a hot babe it is because at least in the U.S. there is a huge shortage of hot babes and I want emotional distance. Unless you consider blubber butts to be hot babes . . .
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I once bought my ATF a spa treatment. Wasn't for anything special other than she had been down. Really picked her up and she really appreciated it. I see nothing wrong with buying gifts for an ATF, but just for "a dancer", I wouldn't.
  • whiffenpoof
    15 years ago
    Perfume (Chanel #5) wrapped in 2- $20 bills with a flower folded from any size ($) bill you think she is worth. Be sure to get good milage for the wrapping and the flower. I have a picture if you want to e-mail me. Check my profile.... I will allow E-mails up until Valentines day.
  • ozymandias
    15 years ago
    I would never bother with it myself but I say stick with the tried-and-true: high-end candy, the aforementioned spa gift, maybe perfume you like. Just bear in mind she'll be sharing the candy with her musician boyfriend later. O.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    Since when do strippers wear Chanel #5??
  • pdandel
    15 years ago
    Cash. Tip her extra after you get your dances. It's not like she's your grandmother and would find this offensive. She's there for the money, after all.
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    Chanel #5 has been the best selling perfume since the '20s. That means your grandmother wore it. Estee Lauder is another favorite of grandmothers. So if your ATF 75 or older, these are perfect choices. Otherwise Paris Hilton Heiress, Tommy Boy (Hilfiger), J-Lo Glow, and Dream Angel (Victoria Secrets) are all good choices. Go to Macy's. They have a good selection and they have scent cards so you can smell what you're getting.
  • reignfire
    15 years ago
    Thanks for the suggestions. I should have made my post clearer but I was really tired and I went to bed after posting it. The dancer in question is an ATF but she and I are more "club friends" than anything. She's complained (not a lot) about being alone but she won't meet anybody OTC. I just wanted to give her a little something, if nothing else than it would make her feel at least a little better. It's more about me wanting to do something for her than the other way around but I'm not going to go overboard about it. Maybe perfume??? IDK.
  • ozymandias
    15 years ago
    You pretty much can't go wrong with perfume - but yes, make sure it's something young chicks will like. If you can find Casmir (by Chopard) that's a sexy-as-hell perfume. It's pretty much only sold in Europe, but sometimes you'll find it at those "Perfumania" boutiques you see at the mall that are always staffed by Indian women ;) O.
  • whiffenpoof
    15 years ago
    You may be surprised, my grandmother liked it when she was a young chick too. and that is why it is still the best seller.
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    Reign, I'd go with perfume then. It seems more appropriate to the relationship. I think Shadowcat that burns CDs for his harem, that might be an idea. Whiffen, I like C5, it's been #1 for a reason. However, it just doesn't scream hot sexy stripper chick Oz, thanks for mentioning Casmir. I'm going to look for it.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "So if your ATF 75 or older, these are perfect choices." "However, it just doesn't scream hot sexy stripper chick" That's exactly my point...
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    I guess some do not bother to read the topic, as they replied, "Cash. Tip her extra after you get your dances. It's not like she's your grandmother and would find this offensive. She's there for the money, after all." Last I knew cash was still money. Of course our Congress is trying to turn it into just worthless paper.
  • PinkyLynn
    15 years ago
    Perfume is always nice. We go through a ton of it. A body spray would work well too seeing that it is not as expensive as perfume and easier to replace. This could also lead into a bath and body type of gift, some scented shower gel, body lotion, body spray, with one of those poofs. It's always an appreciated gift. Whatever you do, absolutely no stuffed animals. Come on, I'm a grown woman. I grew out of those fuzzy nightmares when I was 15 years old.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion