tuscl

If Casey Anthony looked like Rosie O' Donnell would she get any media attention?

bornloser
Florida
Wednesday, January 28, 2009 6:37 PM
I recall a similar awful case here locally. It received very little news coverage. The difference was the mother looked like a short 300 lb Mike Ditka with long hair. The media really jumps on any story with a pretty, young white girl. Are looks the defining requirement for any attention? Every night- cable news has a show on this case. If Casey Anthony was as ugly on the outside as she is on the inside, would any one know who she is?

3 comments

• bornloser
    15 years ago
    What the fuck, I mean the only way she can get any more attention is if she were BLONDE! Our whole society revolves around looks. If Natalee Holloway was an ugly, fat, korean girl who wore glasses and braces, would it have gotten any attention at all? Ray Carruth, a black football player, had his black girlfriend murdered. Who even remembers that case? If O J's wife had been some fat, little, wrinkled black woman instead of a smoking white, blonde bombshell-would that case have gotten much attention? ( I like controversial off topic questions-it makes things interesting- I will have a few more)
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Quote from the movie Patriot Games:"This is a country that holds it's breath when a little girl falls down a well and you just put one in the hospital." TV networks get ratings when they cover a story that the entire public can get behind. In the case of Caylee Anthony, she was a darling little girl who wasn't reported missing for a month, then her mother, Casey Anthony, had a "oh well" attitude about it, and she went out and partied. This kind of thing outrages the public and there is a collective healing when the story is covered and the healing becomes complete when the offender is punished. Right now, in Galveston, the "Baby Grace" case is underway. Riley Ann Sawyer was a darling little girl. The entire American public got to know her because her body was found in a container and month went by before an Ohio grandmother said "I think that's Riley." It becomes more gruesome than that. It turned out that the little girl and her mother, Kimberly Trenor, had moved to Texas from Ohio and married a class A jerk. When the three year old didn't say "Thank You" the mother and new stepfather beat the three year old all day with belts, then their fists. The little girl tried to stop the abuse by saying "I love you mommy". When she finally died, they put her body in a plastic tub and put the tub in a shed. After several weeks, when the shed stank, they poured concrete in the tub, then threw it off a bridge into Galveston bay. Then they went on with their lives as if nothing had happened. The D.A. has decided not to pursue the death penalty. It's not just little girls. Several days ago, a 93 year old World War 2 vet froze to death because the electric company cut off his electricity while the outside tempature was around 15 degrees. The man's neighbors are furious and the electric company has been forced to beat itself up over this. The kicker is that the man has no family left to justifiably sue the pants off the electric company. It's about the defenseless. When the defenseless are harmed by someone much larger, the public is outraged and the hype is necessary to assuage the feelings of the public.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    Excuse me, but who the hell is Casey Anthony, and why should I give a damn about any of these tabloid situations at all?? I agree that a lot of attention goes to pretty, lil white girls that get in trouble, but there is an off button on your TV for a reason people. What these stories are really about the media is selling sensationalism & fear. People are shocked & scared that these kind of things could happen to them, when, in fact, they don't have a snowball's chance in hell of happening to them. Don't buy into the hype...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion