tuscl

Do you have a myspace page?

Monday, January 26, 2009 3:55 AM
A young dancer complimented me and asked if I had a myspace page. I don't. Do you? I'm thinking the majority of people with myspace pages are probably in their teens or twenties even though I've rarely even visited the site. What's your opinion on it? I read or heard somewhere instead of asking for phone numbers, some young people ask for the address of your myspace page or something like that. I believe the dancer I was talking to was just being friendly before she asked for dances.

15 comments

• wallanon
    15 years ago
  • 3LeggedMan
    15 years ago
    I'm over 50 and I have one!
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    The people who have one are either young, or they need to let their employer, or prospective employer, that they are computer savvy. Some people use their myspace, or friendster, or other page, as their primary means of social networking. I used to be among my brethern (people who shared my thought on just about every issue) at a website called PTM, but the site owner pulled the plug on that site and this site is close to people I think like. Since myspace, and similar pages, encourage you to use your real name and place of residence, it's the type of site where you should feel comfortable-unless you're like me and prefer to remain secure behind a monniker.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I don't, because I would rather just be anonymous. I do realize I might need one at some point, though.
  • evilcyn
    15 years ago
    I waited a long time to have one... Thinking what good is it really.. Gotta say, now that I have one, great communication tool..As a bartender and dancer I keep in contact with alot of people this way now...
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Yes, I do, at the behest of my kids. Nothing much to it, but another way to share photographs and normal family BS.
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    Facebook yes. Personal website (with my real name) yes. (Not much up there yet. Just directions to my house, where I evacuate for hurricanes, and other useful stuff for friends.) MySpace no. That's for the teeny-bopper crowd.
  • gridget
    15 years ago
    i agree with Evilcyn...it is a great communication tool..I also like TUSCL-Bro keep up with my daughter on it. I do not think it is solely for young people, I am a bit older and still have one.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I'll have to check it out a bit more sometime. I'm a bit mixed about what I can or shouldn't post online. I would like to post fun things and personal information but I certainly don't want that to affect current or possibly future employment so I'm cautious and don't post anything too personal.
  • Have both.
  • racejeff
    15 years ago
    Yes I have Myspace and a seldom used facebook. It's easy to have a semi-anonymous myspace page, many dancers have a dancer page. Easy to communicate without giving out personal email. Although you can do the same with various email services.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I heard this morning or rather Tuesday morning on CNBC that 1 in 4 Americans use myspace. That's a lot of people. I believe they said myspace had over 120 million users and was the number one social networking site. Maybe I spend too much time watching videos at youtube. I divide my time between financial blog sites, news sites, this site, youtube, and sometimes on abovetopsecret but that's mainly for entertainment. That's when I'm not surfing the net, watching tv/or a movie, or visiting relatives, etc. So far myspace remains mystery space for me at least.
  • Dain
    15 years ago
    I have one and give it to dancers. I also troll and so far have found two hookups with girls in my area.
  • Anna
    15 years ago
    Was that me that asked? Every attorney in the firm i work for has a myspace although the pictures are never them... Private message me if you want my url...I actually have a few TUSCL people on mine!
  • Anna
    15 years ago
    Oh and if you are on myspace... this guy has some blogs about strippers that are HILARIOUS... [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion