tuscl

"It was the Woman--She Beguiled Me"--More legal problems with strippers

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 2:12 AM
From the Alton (IL) Telegraph: Godfrey man gets two years in credit card fraud case January 13, 2009 - 2:20 PM ST. LOUIS (AP) -- A former government purchasing agent is sentenced to two years in prison for ringing up thousands of dollars of fraudulent charges on a government-issued credit card. Steven Brown of Godfrey also was ordered Tuesday to repay $261,392. He pleaded guilty in federal court in October to one felony count of theft of public money. Court records indicate that Brown met a then-exotic dancer, Teressa Shrum of Hannibal, in 2004, while he worked for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency in Arnold. U.S. Attorney Catherine Hanaway says they came up with a plan to run bogus transactions through her credit card processing business.

5 comments

• Dudester
    15 years ago
    For some guys, there seems to be this rite of passage wherein you meet a woman (doesn't have to be a stripper) who empties your bank account. For me, I was extremely naive and poorly raised when I joined the military. A couple of girlfriends really twisted my mind, then one drained my 8,000.00 bank account. I was too besotted to see it coming. I see tales of men, who marry, then get financially screwed over. A relevant example was that financier from Indiana who lived the American dream-till he got in trouble, then tried to fake his death with a plane crash. He had a smoking hot wife who bailed on him when it appeared the gravy train was over. Waddya wanna bet she finds another sugar daddy? It's sad that humans take each other this way. Boys should be properly taught that there are some truly hideous women out there and you should proceed carefully.
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    I've never been through the emptied-bank-account experience. Maybe it's forthcoming yet? I HAVE been through the emptied-emotional-reserves experience, at least once in college, in which the girl just strung me along for years (literally) continually promising (by hint and subterfuge) that I'd be the next boyfriend, just let her get ONE MORE fuck with some other guy out of her system first ... I learned my lesson. Now I let strippers THINK they're stringing me along ...
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    I have come to the belief that some successful guys go through a development process that leaves them easy prey to a ROB, stripper or not. He studies and works hard in school, maybe does military duty and then enters the civilian work force. Some of them marry the first woman they every slept with; some get married because of an "accidental" pregnancy. Now, its after high school or college: job, wife, kids, mortgage and responsibilities. Might have had some interesting week-ends when younger and poorer, but now making decent money but no opportunity to get really wild. Ripe pickings for a hot stripper or gold digger who will give him the hot times he thinks he's missing--before he gets too old. The hottie keeps upping the financial ante and the hooked PL keeps paying until someone catches him using company/government credit card improperly or stealing money. Guys need to learn that you can't use other people's money to get hot babes and catch up with the cool guys who cut in on your action back in school. Enjoy being a successful nerd and keep your clubbing within your spending limits.
  • ozymandias
    15 years ago
    I had a stripper use my Amex once, but nothing is easier to reverse than an Amex charge. Still wasted 10 of my seconds, though. O.
  • deogol
    15 years ago
    Prison is full of stupid people.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion