tuscl

WTF? A "10" rating?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Sunday, January 11, 2009 9:07 PM
Reviewed By: diorella Send Private Message to diorella JB's Gentleman's Club, Clarksburg, WV. Overall Rating: 10.00 Club Rating: 10 Dancer Rating: 10 Value Rating: 10 Review Date: January 11, 2009 Day of Visit: Saturday After Midnight Dancers on Shift: 6-10 I went in to check out the club and the bouncer was showing me around. There was no manager on however the bartender Tina only works on Sat came into the vip room where no dancers were and grabbed the back of my jacket threw me out down the steps and ran back inside. Seems to think she has the authority to hire people. Payback is a bitch and shes gonna have hell to pay and she's got it coming. If not this Saturday since I'll be leaving for Mexico on sun. You don't fuck with me and run chicken shit cunt and a total fat ass too. Trailer trash all the way.

18 comments

• shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Reviewed By: samsung1 Send Private Message to samsung1 Kahoots Gentlemans Club. Columbus OH. Overall Rating: 10.00 Club Rating: 10 Dancer Rating: 10 Value Rating: 10 Review Date: January 10, 2009 Day of Visit: Sunday Evening Dancers on Shift: 11-25 This place is the best place to go if you want food. I was there on a Sunday night and usually there are just a few dancers but it was a very busy Sunday because someone (I believe the owner) from Vanity was celebrating his birthday at kahoots. Overall, a nice environment, although the waitress was a bit weird and unfriendly. She was a bit on the plump side and expected you to pay her before she went to go get the drink for you. Another one?
  • aquavelvaman
    15 years ago
    either there was something wrong with the site at the time, or the reviewers need to be "schooled"?? The site moderators should have screened out these reviews (if you can call the first one a "review" I can't).
  • nj_pete
    15 years ago
    Shadow, I could nto agree more, I see this review and was going to comment, it seems like 95% of the reviews are actually thought out and legit, that JBs club review sond like a "comment" from one of the other web sites boards. I['ve always respected the quality of this web site for its reviews and discussion boards, nothing is perfect, but this is best strip club review/discussin site out there.
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    Have to agree that I had the exact same reaction reading this review. I guess it was the "10" that got my attention. I read it twice to make sure I wasn't missing something. I think this one was meant to be on different site. Didn't make ANY sense and the 10 rating was obviously a mistake.
  • founder
    15 years ago
    guys... just send me a message when you see something amiss... I deleted the first "review". The second one is borderline... I left it.
  • giveitayank
    15 years ago
    Shadow, I'm just curious what would have warrented such an action from this bartender bitch. I went into a v.i.p. area one time without a dancer. The manager came over and told me that if I didn't have a dancer with me, I would have to go back to the main seating area. I said, "sure. No problem." And I went back. But, it sounds like there was no conversation... She just threw you out. If that's what happened, I'd be contacting the management on that one. Yank
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I know how to piss founder off. I also know he will give you help, when you need it. It was not my intention to bust founder for the lousy review. I didn't want to bother him with it. I just wanted to give you guys some ideas of the lousy reviews that get over rated. That is why I still would like to be able to rebut a review. NR2 review rated a rebuttal. WTF do I care how good the food is? We could swap posts about Waffle Houses. LOL...
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Yank: read it again. It was not my experience. It was another persons review.
  • giveitayank
    15 years ago
    Ok Shadow... Now I understand. It happened to someone else and they gave it a ten rating by mistake. Is that right???
  • robofan
    15 years ago
    shadiwcat I'm with you. I see a lot of reviews which are meaningless. Sometimes I wonder if the person writing just has no clue or is just trying to get a free months membership. What especially bugs me is when someone writes a review of a place and doesn't even get a lap dance. How can that inform anyone? I don't mean this to be a knock on Founder because in the past I have informed him of suspicious reviews and he has always taken action but with the hundreds of reviews from time to time some of them slip through. In fact overall I commend him on a job well done on this site. Let me suggest if I may that instead of the Value rating which is so subjective and pretty much meaningless that it be replaced with a Mileage rating with some very non subjective values. Perhaps with a drop down menu For example: 10 - FS offered or given 9 - BBBJ offered of given 8 - CBJ offered or given 7 - BBHJ offered or given 6 - Thur the pants HJ offered or given 5 - Thur the pants stick shifting and touching of uncovered area allowed. 4 - Grind only and some touching allowed 3 - Some private parts rubbing with her legs 2 - Some rubbing of her leg on mine 1 - Complete air dance. 0 - I didn't participate or don't want to comment. This at least wouldn't throw the scores off so much. This would let you know what to expect when going to a new place. These are only suggesting and can certainly be refined and improved but you get the point. Maybe they are too explicit. If so they certainly can be toned down. Perhaps 10 is not enough and we need to go to 20 per item. I think that the other categories could also be made more absolute. Such as club rating. Dancer rating will always be subjective. I offer this up as not so much as a criticism but as a way to further standardize the reviews and make this site even better than it already is. What does everyone think? Your input is welcome.
  • robofan
    15 years ago
    shawocat sorry for misspelling your name above a typing error. No offense meant.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    with all due respect to robofan the characteristics he posed for different ratings are ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. I do think it would be nice to develop some criteria for numerical ratings, but it would be very difficult. And the level of ILLEGAL SERVICES offered should not be part of the review. Believe it or not, a lot of guys go to Strip Clubs to ogle beautiful women and have a nice fantasy, without expecting anything illegal. Don't mean to pick on Robofan because I know a lot of clubbers would agree with his criteria. But it just wouldn't fly. One of the charms of Strip Clubs is the ambiguity about what is going to happen, what is legal, etc. Take Mons Venus for examples. Totally nude lap dances are NOT illegal. Sexual stimulation thru the customer's clothes may or may not be illegal in Tampa. But it is illegal in Iowa and Colorado. Sexually stimulating a customer (for money) through physical contact by the provider is ILLEGAL in many states.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    I totally agree with Shadowcat and the other posters concerning ridiculous 10 ratings. Hopefully the Editors and Founder have been rejecting the 10 ratings where the writer uses a 10 as if it was a flashing sign. I have seen 10 rating used to announce a newly remodeled club, a feature dancer, etc. THIS IS WRONG. In all fairness, I have not seen such usage in recent weeks, but I don't read all the "10" reviews like I used to. I would favor a "wikipedia" type effort of defining what TUSCL expects of a 10. As I said in my previous post, it would be hard to agree on one single definition of a "10" but with Founder's cooperation, we could give it a try. And it goes without saying that whoever gives the PROPOSED REVIEW to become an actual posted review, should scrutinize every "10" review closely to see that it meets Founder's requirements, even if these are never published.
  • founder
    15 years ago
    guys... we don't even look at the ratings when editing reviews... they are totally subjective... Keep in mind however that a 10 review from someone new to tuscl carries very little weight to the overall ranking of a club. robofan: I like your mileage idea, but really that would make it a little too easy for LE.
  • happylap
    15 years ago
    My feedback for robofan: I like robofan's idea but I would reduce the number of categories and eliminate the illegal activities. As founder pointed out, no sense in making it too easy for LE. And arbeeguy is right about charm of SCs being the unknown factor. I've not experienced any extras ITC and only once OTC but I imagine it to differ so much from dancer to dancer and time to time that those mileage ratings for illegal activities would not be very reliable. (YMMV) One of the things I'd like to learn from a review is what kind of touching is available during a LD. Full two-way? Ass, back and thighs? No breasts or ass? One-way only? No groin contact(just leg on leg or chest)? Air? This could probably be outlined in about 5 categories. Even this would vary but might be a little more reliable and give an indication what kind of club it is.
  • stillmarried
    15 years ago
    I prefer Cracker Barrel over Waffle House
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Thank you for not deleting my review, but I would not take offense whatsoever if you did. I have only given one ten review and that goes to my favorite strip club. If you also look at Kahoot's reviews you will see several other "all 1s" and several "all tens" so each review should be considered an opinion. If there was only one strip club that I could go to for the rest of my life it would be Kahoots (This is of course subjective) Reviewed By: Jackson999 Send Private Message to Jackson999 Overall Rating: 1.00 Club Rating: 1 Dancer Rating: 1 Value Rating: 1 Review Date: August 9, 2007 Day of Visit: Unknown Dancers on Shift: Unknown In addition to already going by the new law, the person watching over the dance room this evening was plain outright rude. He was abusive to multiple customers including myself. He was clearly on a power trip. I will say that the girl that I was with was very nice. However, with that sort of treatment of customers, it will be quite awhile before I go back. What a disappointment from a club that has been one of the best in Columbus... Reviewed By: scjunkie Send Private Message to scjunkie Overall Rating: 1.00 Club Rating: 1 Dancer Rating: 1 Value Rating: 1 Review Date: March 24, 2005 Day of Visit: Unknown Dancers on Shift: Unknown This club hasn't improved since my last visit. They have some new dancers but most of them can and should lose about 20 pounds or so. They need to get rid of the Michael Bolton wannabe ... that bouncer doesn't know any manners, very rude to customers and dancers alike from what I heard. This is the same user that posted a "all 2s" review just two posts prior. Reviewed By: scjunkie Send Private Message to scjunkie Overall Rating: 2.00 Club Rating: 2 Dancer Rating: 2 Value Rating: 2 Review Date: February 23, 2005 Day of Visit: Unknown Dancers on Shift: Unknown I have to agree with the last reviewer. This used to be my favorite club but it has gone downhill. A lot of my favorite dancers are gone, replaced by new "Wanna Dance?" dancers. Some of the bouncers are very rude. I was sitting with the one dancer and she has tattoo on her arm. I couldn't get a clear view so I touch her arm to get a better view and a bouncer showed up and told me to get my hands off the dancer. I have never been back since. Someone please post a review when things change. I don't know what is worse, an "all ten" or an "all one" review?
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    I like Robofan's list. While it is very close to the way many of us would rate a club it is obviously not practical for some of the reasons listed above. Also many people (myself excluded) go to strip clubs without any interest in high mileage dances. I think they have just as much of a right to rate a club as they see fit. It only reinforces the notion that you have to read each review for a club and form your own opinion based on all the information available. The subjective nature of the reviews is certainly not perfect, but seems to serve most of us very well.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion