tuscl

Hope the bitch enjoyed the money while she could

deogol
Michigan
Saturday, December 27, 2008 3:47 AM
I'll quote the relevant pieces. Loses his job and can't find another one in this wall street corruption fucked economy. The courts strip him of resources to a gambling whore who loots his savings. The government tells him to fuck off on unemployment insurance he has been paying for years. No child support means going to jail? Simply for being poor? A victim of the system who will be made out as a mad man. I wonder why the guy went bonkers? It's a mystery alright. [view link] Pardo was able to drive to his brother's home in the Sylmar area of Los Angeles, broke in and shot himself in the head. His brother discovered the body early Thursday. Police said Pardo had no criminal record or history of violence, and neighbors and others knew him as a friendly man who walked his dog and was a volunteer usher at his parish church. Court records show Pardo's ex-wife Sylvia Pardo, 43, filed for a dissolution of marriage on March 24, 2008, and they were legally separated after about two years of marriage. The two reached a settlement on Dec. 18. Bruce Pardo owed her $10,000 as part of the settlement, according to court documents that detailed a bitter split. He also lost a dog he doted on and did not get back a valuable wedding ring. Bruce Pardo wrote in a legal declaration that he was laid off in July and had been denied state unemployment payments in August. He said he was "desperately seeking" work with many companies. "I was not given a severance package from my last employer at termination and I am not receiving any other income. I am desperately seeking work and have since applied to many companies, resulting in several job interviews," he wrote. "I ask for support just until I gain employment." Bruce Pardo complained in a court declaration that Sylvia Pardo was living with her parents, not paying rent, and had spent lavishly on a luxury car, gambling trips to Las Vegas, meals at fine restaurants, massages and golf lessons. Documents from the divorce show Bruce Pardo got their house, which was valued at more than $500,000, but the couple only had $106,000 in equity in it. The mortgage was $2,700 a month, a declaration said. He complained in a filing that he had monthly expenses of $8,900 and ran a monthly deficit of $2,678. In June, the court ordered him to pay $1,785 a month in spousal support and put him on a payment plan of $450 a month for $3,570 that was unpaid. His attorney, Stanley Silver, told The Associated Press his client had trouble making the support payments after he lost his job in July, but spousal support was waived in the settlement last week. Bruce Pardo was trying to pay $10,000 to finalize the divorce proceedings, Silver said, and he never showed any anger or instability. "All of my dealings with him were always pleasant and cheerful," said Silver, who heard from him last on Tuesday.

18 comments

• jablake
    15 years ago
    Yes, just being poor can put you in jail. And, being put in jail can get you raped and torture and perhaps a "suicide" for good measure. Maybe it was 8 years ago, this brain dead Christian family wanted their child to learn to respect the law. He was 18 or 19 and his crime was buying and or consuming beer. The police had attempted to return the child to his parents and they thought jail would do him good. The police warned them that no, jail doesn't do a body good and is extremely dangerous. Of course, their child was raped and killed. Child support? The wife can be bringing in $10,000 a month net income and the husband can be financially broke due to job loss. It doesn't matter the injured husband can end up in jail for being broke. There is a huge shortage of prisoners and the cells need to be filled. Yes, dangerous felons are released due to "shortage" of jail space, but that is just a fraud designed to scare the cattle class. One of the hazards of stripping at least at the cheap clubs is random arrest. Gambling dancer was given the choice of waiting 6 months for trial in jail (which would be speedy in this area) or pleading guilty or no contest and being released immediately. She plead no contest. She said that jail is one scary place. She is a small girl and it is easy to see why she'd be scared. I'll be believe the BS about limited jail space when they stop arresting people for petty crimes or for not paying bogus "child support." Over the decades the police went from trying to keep people out of jail to seeing it as a huge revenue source---HINT: the police earn a lot more money wasting their time inside the court room than being on patrol. Yes, that scam of paying the police more to be in court is by design to encourage arrests to make $$$ for the court system.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    The courts are rigged against males. Get divorced and I heard the courts require males to pay huge payments. The wife could be a lazy bum not doing jack and not even interested in working. Get divorced because she is the laziest person you've heard of and the court thinks it's fair that she gets half of everything and/or monthly payments to support her and the kids. It's not fair. If it was fair both male and female would have to make equal payments into a system and the system could cover fair and reasonable expenses (like insurance) that whoever is taking care of the kids incurs. If it was like this, I think both the former husband and wife would try to reduce the monthly payments. As it is, many people stay unhappily married because they can't afford divorce.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    I'm not defending the system, but don't forget, this guy killed a bunch of people. Yes the system screwed him, and yes, it is stacked very much against guys. Don't get married or divorced in a feminist paradise like California. I'm middle aged and never married. I found out twenty years ago how a woman can be so very screwed up. Dated my college sweetheart from day one of college to graduation. We were planning our wedding when she finally broke down and dropped the bomb. Half a dozen times I noticed that something wasn't right about her relationship with her dad. I never caught them in the act, but half a dozen times they didn't act like dad and daughter usually act. Finally, she fessed up that her and dad (biological dad) were doing the deed and therefore she couldn't pretend anymore. They eventually had a child together (no, they weren't from Tennessee). Which leads me to Kristi. She and I had been off and on for twelve years, but during most of it were very close friends. She also hid a dark side from me. A military assignment had us on opposite sides of the country. She proposed to me over the phone. I went to California to plan our wedding. My radar was already up because of Janet, six years earlier. A few things weren't adding up. One day she had me meet three guys. They were looking at her strange. I pulled her aside and asked her what was goin on. She fessed up that she was a nympho and had been sleeping with these guys up till an hour before my plane landed. She wanted an open marriage and she felt that marriage between one man and one woman was an antiquated notion. Needless to say, I ended the entire relationship at that point. It's been 15 years. What's more cost effective, a wife who will party on your dime and screw your head over, or a stripper who does FS?
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "I'm not defending the system, but don't forget, this guy killed a bunch of people." Yes, and if the media is believed an 8 year old girl who greeted him, thinking he was Santa, received a bullet to her face. Extremely cold blooded to do that face to face to a child. Having said that some people do fight back when threatened with violence or being put in the street. It is a very bad system, unless you are one of the ones profiting from it. The government kills bunches of innocent people and it definitely has plenty of supporters. The government calls it collateral damage or whatever. So, it sort of rings hollow when it is pointed out that the man's actions killed a bunch of people. If he'd been doing the government's bidding he'd probably be in line for medals and a hefty pension.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    "If he'd been doing the government's bidding he'd probably be in line for medals and a hefty pension." jablake, you owe an apology to veterans everywhere. There are rules of engagement,and US vets have paid the ultimate price by not taking the easy way out. None of us are perfect, but Pardo exercised lack of judgement over and over. In the end, he took the coward's way out. Of course, having been California, had he surrendered to the cops, there's only a remote chance he would've received the death penalty, even though the body count from his rampage is in the double figures.
  • PBTC
    15 years ago
    Damn Dudester, that's a couple of pretty tough situations.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Yeah, I have a talent for finding losers.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "There are rules of engagement,and US vets have paid the ultimate price by not taking the easy way out." I have ZERO faith in honesty or morality of the U.S. government.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    jablake-I keep telling liberals, VIETNAM IS OVER!! GET OVER IT!! MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE!! I never saw the movie, but Black Hawk Down is a true story. Amongst the things truly depicted in the movie is that the bad guys frequently hid in crowds of women and children-knowing US soldiers wouldn't kill women and children to kill them. A book recently came out about a situation in Afghanistan. A group of SEALS are doing recon on a Taliban village. The SEAL team is spotted by a shepherd and his young boy. The SEAL team didn't kill the shepherd and boy, knowing that they were seriously endangering their lives. Sure enough, two hours later, the Taliban attacked the Seals, killing most of them. jablake, I don't know what your hang up is. You are coming across as a willfully ignorant angry lib from the 60's who cannot or will not move on with his life. Obviously, you haven't paid attention lately and that's really really sad. When I got out of the military in 87, people like you tried really hard to keep me from getting a job, even though it's illegal as hell. Unlike you, I don't carry anger around with me. Unlike you, I've moved on with my life. People like you used to spit on returning soldiers in airports. You cowardly hid behind the first amendment, although you deserved a first amendment gesture as well-a well deserved ass beating. Instead of being angry with you, I just shake my head at your ignorance. You wear your ignorance like a crown, and display it as though proud.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    I'm not a liberal. :) "A book recently came out about a situation in Afghanistan. A group of SEALS are doing recon on a Taliban village. The SEAL team is spotted by a shepherd and his young boy. The SEAL team didn't kill the shepherd and boy, knowing that they were seriously endangering their lives. Sure enough, two hours later, the Taliban attacked the Seals, killing most of them." I can believe that. I can also believe the U.S. butchered a wedding party with missiles because the groom was too tall. The reason why the groom's height was important was because Bin Laden is supposedly unusually tall. So missiles away and be damned with the murdering and maiming the innocents. In short, U.S. actions don't have to be consistent in the least. The Wall Street Journal did a story about a small African boy who rang up medical bills to the tune of $6 million which was paid for by the government. There is also the report of the prisoner whose couldn't get *basic* medical care and had his penis amputated and died a horrible painful death. The African boy makes good propaganda that the government is caring, but the normal situation is that it is unbelievably cruel and bloodthirsty. Believe me if the actions you described with the SEALS was normal, then I would have a huge amount of respect for soldiers like that. I always thought one of the great things about the U.S. government was that it consistently opposed torture. Well, first there is a U.S. Supreme Court decision (pre-911) that it is fine and dandy for the U.S. government to have third parties torture suspects. Post-911 of course torture was embraced and also lied about e.g. it ain't torture if it is relabeled. The right to a jury trial (of peers) also was something that made me feel very positive about the government---but a jury trial peers or not that is just another fraud. There ain't no right to a jury trial. A lot of wonderful things that are supposedly law or a matter of right, basically don't exist. Just out right government frauds. :(
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "People like you used to spit on returning soldiers in airports. You cowardly hid behind the first amendment, although you deserved a first amendment gesture as well-a well deserved ass beating. Instead of being angry with you, I just shake my head at your ignorance." I can't see myself doing such an honorable thing like spitting on U.S. soldiers. First, I don't think most of them would understand that they should be grateful that the citizenry takes the time and effort and cares enough to spit on them. Second, I think the First Amendment is a joke and has about as much power as my right to a jury trial. And, you know what? The teenager next door wanted to enlist in the Army and asked my opinion. Of course, I said America ain't worth even a pin prick of blood. That country is corrupt pretty much to the core. I also told he shouldn't give a damn what I think, but should make up his own mind. His mom came over later and was ***grateful*** for my anti-American vitriol. She happens to also see America as corrupt, but her son didn't value her opinion---she's just mom after all. Spit and derision can hopefully save some ungrateful soldiers lives and perhaps even a few grateful soldiers lives as well as their intended victims. Endless war and endless lies the American way. :(
  • deogol
    15 years ago
    Obviously someone around here never lived in true shit hole countries where you pay off the government not to bother ya or create "charities" to pay the police not go around shooting homeless children. This place (the US) is pretty fucking amazing even with its problems than "heads in a bucket" places (and I am talking South/Central America not the middle east.) For all the talk of racism and such I never saw anyone rushing to return to Africa.
  • ozymandias
    15 years ago
    I have to agree with deogol, strongly. I've lived in the Philippines and Thailand, and have spent a good bit of time in Ghana - now, the USA certainly has its faults, but it is far-and-away the fairest and most just nation on the Earth, by far. Every American should spend 3 months in a 3rd world country - the bitching would dry up fast if that ever became policy. If you *really* think the USA is hopelessly corrupt and evil, well, you may as well just give it up, because this is as good as it gets. Real Patriotism is when you love your homeland, warts and all. O.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Well, deogol's argument and ozymandias concurrence would carrying some weight with me, if I didn't live in Miami. You know what is special about Miami? I meet people from ALL over the world and it is wonderful speaking with them; regardless of whether I agree or disagree with their viewpoint. Those people both native born Americans and foreigners have expressed both pro-America and anti-America viewpoints. I have some relatives who had traveled to other countries and they agree 100% with both ozymandias and deogol. You know what? That isn't a universal view by any stretch of the imagination. Anyway, it is total BS that the U.S. is as good as it gets. I can't say it any clearer than that. And, if you get screwed by the government you may no longer be in such love with it. You may even detest it with a passion. "Real Patriotism is when you love your homeland, warts and all." If that is real patriotism, then I wouldn't want any part of it. How much should I love a country that puts people in jail for being poor? I want to hear your answer to question. In fact, let's rephrase: If a country puts people in jail for being poor, then how much should I love it? If a country advocates or inflicts torture upon people, then how much should I love it? If a country ignores its *own laws*, then how much should I love it? This government is completely corrupt and I don't love it even a little tiny bit.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    The Wall Street Journal had a very interesting story years ago on man born and raised in India who became a U.S. citizen. He and his American born wife resided in the U.S. and everything was fine until she died. Did he wish to remain a U.S. citizen? Hell no. Did he wish to continue living in the U.S.? Hell no. Gee, someone ought to knock him over the head and tell him about all his alleged "freedom" he isn't appreciative of . . . He renounced his U.S. citizenship because he wished to return and live in his homeland. Surely, that should be a big deal that would make the government go nutty? Wrong. The U.S. government has major problems with people who wish to renounce U.S. citizenship. I was surprise. Yes, I normally think of the government as being completely corrupt, but this article by The Wall Street Journal was an eye opener. See, I can see where the U.S. would be peeved if a natural born U.S. citizen wished to renounce their citizenship. Bad for government propaganda and all. But, a person desires to live and return to their native homeland and the U.S. government is going to get its panties in a bunch? Well, American is the land of endless wars and endless lies so it is fitting unfortunately. Sorry, I was born and raised in U.S. and I've experience the government first hand. And, it wouldn't really make that much difference if everywhere was worse. It is like the U.S. government chops off a hand while all other governments chop off an arm----doesn't make a rabid supporter of the U.S. See, I'm just not impressed with embracing the lesser of two evils as some people are.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Correction: Surely, that shouldn't be a big deal that would make the government go nutty?
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    One of Gambling dancer's friends has a child out-of-wed-lock and the father has been voluntarily paying her money every month to support their child (for almost a decade). The father lost his job and told her that she was going to have to tighten up on the spending even the absolutely necessary spending because his income was so reduced. Her immediate thought was to use the government to attack the father and of course the government supporters love that because it means money for judges, jailers, attorneys, etc. If the father ever did want to pay again, then well not too likely the way judges award "reasonable" attorneys' fees. IOWs, he better be stealing someone's identity. Can't get any protection from the Bankruptcy Court for the "child support" OR attorneys' fees. Government loves to spread and enforce misery. Anyway, Gambling dancer talked her out of it explaining that the father was very supportive financially when he had money coming in and he also helped physically take care of the child. She said do you really want to make an enemy out of him? Especially with all the good he's done in the past. BTW, there was court case in the Third DCA where a financially broke mom was being terrorized by the government. The father who had a good job basically got one hell of a good judgement against her. She can't even take care of herself, but yet the government is demanding money as if she were a top earner. Government---more often than not truly disgusting. Oh, I believe the Third DCA did screw the mom under the reasoning that fathers are routinely screwed. I'm supposed to love or even like this shit? NO THANKS.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Mr. Don Landry proudly served, I believe as a fighter pilot, in the U.S. Air Force. One these America is the greatest guys. Anyway, he was very successful financially and was highly educated and extremely intelligent. He was telling me about his family court case and I told him that as much as I hate the government there was no way it could be as bad as he was describing. He invited me to attend a hearing at any time. Maybe a month later I go to a hearing. Sure enough the judge brings up that fact that he is a dead beat dad and yet has *spent over $600,000 in attorneys' fees. Mr. Landry had told me that he spent over $500,000 and I just thought he was confused and how could anyone spend that type of money on a family case. It turns out it is easy with corrupt courts. I'm supposed to love this filth? I'll start feeling a little more love when one of these government supporters gets raped and they still feel proud. It is possible----I have a buddy who survived a major criminal proceeding and survived by the skin of his teeth and he still waves the flag despite his ordeal. But, he also has a hell of a lot of sympathy for those who don't share his love of government. If the government attacked me like that, then there is no way I'd ever forgive or forget----sorry, I don't have that type of strength.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion