tuscl

How can i become a stripper

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 7:45 PM
This is my first time and i am very curious and want to try stripping but i don't know where or how to start. Anybody can help?

15 comments

• shadowcat
    16 years ago
    I suspect that you are already are and just putting us on for the reaction.
  • Dain
    16 years ago
    Find the contests in your area. Go into any club and ask manager if you can audition. Look in the want-ads. Practice your looks and dancing in front of a mirror. Better still, practice with me!
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Look in your local free entertainment papers and visit clubs on audition or amature nights. Check into the agencies, but be wary of rip-offs. Review local laws about dance cards and/or permits. Surf websites for costumes and prices to get an idea of how much you will need to spend to get started. Quit smoking and limit your drinking. Don't do drugs. Talk this over with your boyfriend, family and shrink. Know yourself well enough to know if this is right for you.
  • giveitayank
    16 years ago
    If you do searches on this thing called the internet, you can find video's that teach you the moves of striptease dancing because, it's all about the visual... Also, be prepared to "go with the flow". If you start working at a club where touching and extra's is the rule and not the exception, you need to be willing to do the things that the seasoned dancers are already doing. If you're not willing, then you're destined NOT to make any money and you should be stripping at a club where it's ALL ABOUT THE AIR....
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    Unless you are a total exhibitionist, start out at a bikini bar, where you don't have to show anything. That way, if you discover you don't like it, you have nothing to be embarrassed about. If you go to the articles page, there is an article dated January 1, 2008 called Stripping 101, that might be helpful.
  • Raincoat
    16 years ago
    First, visit clubs as a spectator. Let us know the city where you live, and we can advise you about which clubs in your area make women feel welcome. Tip the dancers and get accustomed to having your clothes removed in front of cheering fans. You will learn about the shoes and g-strings that you will need. Also watch the dancers' moves, clothes removed downward -never over the head, and your back arched downard when your on all fours. Stuff like that. Then, as others have stated, try an amateur night. If you are nervous, you may need to pretend that you are just dancing with no one watching. Or not. After that, apply anywhere you want, but look for a club that is busy but doesn't require you to do anything that you are unwilling to do. If in doubt, ask.
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    Always take "no" with a smile. Always greet guys with a smile. If the club allows it (especially if you are petite) offer to sit on guys laps. Don't be afraid to run your hands over your breasts and your pubic areas. IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT BEING A STRIPPER GET COMFORTABLE WITH BEING COMPLETELY NAKED IN FRONT OF STRANGERS. As the other guys say, you can work at a bikini bar and not take off your clothes but then you are not a stripper are you. You have to be comfortable at whatever you do, but comfort is somewhat of an acquired state of mind.
  • JC2003
    16 years ago
    Go to a local club, fill out the application, and buy some stripper heels and outfits. Ask the house mom what else you need. Ask questions, and tip the ones who give you good info. It's OK to be nervous. You'll either get over it or you'll quit.
  • Raincoat
    16 years ago
    One more thing. Shave everywhere.
  • ozymandias
    16 years ago
    I think every stripper I've every known was introduced to it by a friend who stripped. Granted, there must have been a "stripper zero" somewhere, sometime... maybe in antiquity, who knows. Back when there used to be amateur contests (Atlanta hasn't had any, tmk, in years), the typical scenario was: girl goes to contest at club where friend works, downs shots to build liquid courage, gets on stage and strips, friend gets her customers to clap for "applause meter", girl wins, girl be becomes stripper. Rinse and repeat. O.
  • Philip A. Stein
    16 years ago
    If you want to make the best money: GFE
  • Raincoat
    16 years ago
    Nicoley, Please keep us informed about the process. Have you tried stipping yet?
  • Raincoat
    16 years ago
    Sorry, I meant to write "stripping", not stipping. But if you do any stipping, let us know about that also.
  • HtownGirl
    16 years ago
    I'm thinking about jumping on that boat also. Any good recommendations in the Houston area? I know there a lot over here.
  • deogol
    16 years ago
    Becoming a stripper is easy. * Drink on the job. * Pee by the bar. * Find a musician boyfriend who is on the verge of "making it big!" * Supplement your boyfriend time with club regular stupid enough to take you on "shopping dates." * Find one girl each night to absolutely hate. * Practice ripping on and making fun of the men you count on for money in the dressing room. I am sure others can provide additional tips.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion