tuscl

GFE/Extras

Monday, October 20, 2008 1:13 AM
I'm a little leary of leaving Honest feedback anywhere that talks about the extras because I wouldn't want LEO putting pressure on a cool place because they read something I wrote in the forum. Am I being paranoid?

11 comments

• MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    Pretty much.
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    Disagree with MisterGuy: cautious is not the same as paranoid. I don't think any harm would ever come to you for posting truthful reports. I have posted reports of what one might call "over-the-top behavior" myself, and I certainly enjoy reading them. One school of thought is that as long as you don't identify the person involved in the illegal activities, you are OK. If a club is condoning prostitution (however local LE defines that term) TUSCL would probably not be the place that LE would figure out what is going on. There are much more direct and reliable ways. Even so, discretion is wise, don't you think?
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    If you mention a specific club, LE could read that and decide to do their own investigation if they aren't already on the case. Who knows, a local politician may read about it here and decide to launch a crackdown so that his political career will gain something in his own mind. That could backfire on the local politician if the club he cracks down on is popular in the community. Of course popular with the voters not the club patrons is what matters to the politicians.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    If you know of large scale state budget cutbacks and cut backs to the police investigations due to budget constraints, you're probably more free to talk openly without fearing immediate crackdowns. As soon as the budget cutbacks are gone, watch out. The puritans in society have passed several laws outlawing sexual activities and the LE side of that doesn't always care what the intent of the law is, they just enforce whatever the law says. With a very severe recession coming up or another Great Depression II, I believe prostition will increase but strip clubs may be in trouble. There won't be as many people wanting to part with their cash to buy lap dances just to watch the dancers.
  • BobbyI
    16 years ago
    With all the powers Bush/Cheney grabbed for the government in the last 8 years re: domestic surveillance don't be surprised if it isn't already happening hasn't already happened. Also note that LE will often lay low for years without making a peep when doing investigations before the finally close the jaws on the prey. If you want to ease your "paranoia" or "caution" or whatever you want to call it you may want to look in web proxies and anonymizing your e-mail address.
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    No names, no trail, no mess.
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    More than likely, they are on the case already. It wouldn't shock me if undercover cops come in to the clubs on occasion. Also, its also important to remember loose lips sink ships. If enough people hear that extras are going on at the local strip club, eventually, one of those people will be LE.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    "Everything written on this site should be considered a work of fiction."
  • JMelbourne27
    16 years ago
    Wow, so we have strong opinions of yes AND no. I'm not so much worried that I'm going to get in trouble (for a fictional tale that I made up on the spot), I'm more concerned with the club getting into trouble. But as you said, if the girls already have rap sheets, LEO already knows what's up. The interesting thing about the girls getting busted and their mug shots put online is that you can learn their real names. Next time I'm in a club, I'm going to whip out my phone and pull up the mugshots to compare. New Thread! "How (do you think) a stripper will react if/when you call them by their new name?"
  • BobbyI
    16 years ago
    Lots of cracking down on prostitution/AMPs/SCs close to election time.
  • beantown
    16 years ago
    I don't think LE spends too much time on sites like these. I think internet monitoring nowadays is much more focused on straight prostitution through Craigslist and other sites. That's a much bigger issue than if a club is exceeding local laws on touching/extras.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion