tuscl

Best Club I've ever been too

jimhalsted
Ontario
Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:23 PM
I was reading a few recent reviews when I came across that all too often used line. This kind of statement really annoys me. How about putting together a list of annoying cliches? I'll start with the Best Club line and another one I saw today: "I think she really enjoyed the dance too."

6 comments

• motorhead
    16 years ago
    While I do agree there are probably many annoying cliches that are used too ofen in reviews -- I would have to disagree that "Best Club I've been too" is one of them. Unless, of course, a reviewer writes this on a lot of his reviews. If it is the truth, then I think it gives the reader some useful information. From my actual review of Mons Venus/November 2007, I wrote: "The mecca of all strip clubs. I can't say this is the best strip club in the country - I haven't been everywhere - but it is certainly far and away the best club I have ever visited." I meant it so at least in my review, it was a meaningful comment.
  • how
    16 years ago
    I agree with david120 on this one. I have no problem with superlatives, if they are used appropriately...there can be only one "best," for example. But your opinion on what that one "best club" is can change.
  • zorro
    16 years ago
    Jimhalsted, I laughed out loud at that line "I think she really enjoyed the dance too". I don't care if the dancer enjoyed it or not, but if I read that line in any review I immediately think the reviewer is douche bag. My pet peeve is when I am trying to read the review and the guy is going on and on about the club layout or the fucking furniture. e.g. "When you walk in the door, the stage is on the left, and there is a small bar to the right, the chairs are red, blah blah blah". I have never walked into a club the first time and said to myself "Whoa, where the FUCK is the bar??? And red chairs??? Holy SHIT I did NOT expect THAT! Damn I wish someone had given me a floor plan before I walked in here."
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Zorro, I agree with you one hundred percent but be careful who you criticize. People here seem to take offence to any criticism directed at their reviews. Once I ribbed some dude about using five or six forms of the word “impress” in his review. That upset the poor bastard so much he called me a “Godless communist” and some other choice things. Is it my fault his review much less his writing skills sucked? Members here need to learn to communicate like educated adults not some kid writing a report for his third grade field trip.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    Zorro, I have to disagree with you a bit. I think a detailed description of the club's interior is valuable for two reasons: first it increases my belief that the guy writing the review has actually been to the club, which unfortuantely isn't always the case. Second, I like to know in advance just how big and fancy a place is, since I generally don't like really big clubs, really fancy ones, or total dumps. So while I agree it isn't the most important information it can still be somethat useful.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    FONDL, Also, I've used a club layout when visiting a new club. When I go in, my eyes have yet to adjust to the light level, so it is good to have which direction to head instead of standing there waiting to be able to completely see.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion