tuscl

"Show me a beautiful girl, and..."

Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:09 AM
There's a great quote from a movie, but I forgot the name of the movie. I think DeNiro or Pacino delivers the line: "You show me a beautiful girl, and I'll show you a guy who's tired of fucking her." What do you think? True?

10 comments

• David9999
    16 years ago
    Dennis Farina (father and rogue) as spoken to Edward Burns (son) in THE SIDEWALKS OF NEW YORK, an small independent movie - Farina said more or less the same thing: about for nearly every beautiful woman, there's a bored guy somewhere. The statement you've quoted is flat out incorrect as applied to all beautiful or nearly all beautiful women. Its (of course) an over-statement when applied to all beautiful women - but at some point with many, yes. Lets assume for the sake of simplicity we're talking about the rare 10 level women in the range of 18 to 35, equisite facial beauty combined with incredible bodies, model looks, could do Playboy etc 1. probably most of these women in this category particularly those over age 21 are in some kind of steady relationship, and when they end one relationship its usually to start a new one 2. the guys they're attracted to will often tend to be womanizers, many have had other ultra beautiful girlfriends before, and while they might put the womanizing on hold for a time, they will eventually grow tired of any woman. 3. at some point many of these guys will in fact become bored no matter how beautiful a woman might be, as nonmonogamy is very unnatural for most men anyways As for true 10 level women most are absolutely addicted to the crack-cocaine like "chemistry" high of a relationship, and once the "in love" part (as the female views it) ends (which it usually won't for awhile if the guy is cheater) -then the guy himself needs to look for the exit.
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    correction "monogamy is ver unnatural for men anyways"
  • Yoda
    16 years ago
    Absolutely true. Spend a few hours listening to beautiful strippers talking about there ex boyfriends cheating on them and it becomes pretty obvious. Of course, you have to consider that looks are only part of the total package. I have known some very beautiful women that I would NOT want to wake up next to in bed.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I think the fair sentiment isn't exactly, "For every (hot) woman there's a man who is just about to break up with her." I think a more truthful sentiment would be, "For every (hot) woman there's a man who SOME DAY will be tired of fucking her." That SOME DAY may be right now, if the interaction has grown stale; or it may not be just yet, but will be arriving at some point, when the interaction DOES grow stale. I believe this is what they're trying to get at. Not the idea that a (hot) woman is ALREADY boring to her partner; but that she is LIKELY TO BECOME boring to him at some point. The latter part I do agree with. Men stray. Women take things for granted and get whiny / bitchy / princessy in order to try to control (and of course in the process simply further drive away the partner rather than further enticing him).
  • chandler
    16 years ago
    It's a saying that I've been hearing it in some form since probably long before the movie you're thinking of. Its meaning has nothing to do with the nature of beautiful women per se. The same could be said about an average woman*, however it wouldn't make the point, which is that you can get used to anything and grow tired of it with familiarity. And that even the most desirable of all pleasures loses its luster once you're done longing for it. *(except that an average woman is less likely to have been fucked to the point of boredom**) **(although the boredom point is likely to be arrived at sooner with an average woman than with a beautiful one)
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    The social scientists would accurately put this issue under the (fairly well studied) heading of hedonic adaption - which is the concept that humans will eventually (no matter how much they are given or posses in material terms) will basically adapt and grow bored with nearly everything. Most people presume beautiful women have it made, however they do have problems, usually just at a higher level. Yes, they get boyfriends fast, but the kind of men they attract (the THEY are attracted to) often tend to be the exact kind that will bore quickly with women. There are ways (through forms of mental imaging etc) to counteract the effects of hedonic adapation, and the the more intelligent beautiful women will can learn to use these methods, however in the case of strippers since they (on average) tend to on the lower end of the intelligence scale - its far less likely they can actually benefit from any of this.
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Extraordinarily beautiful women rely, exclusively, on their looks to get everything they want and put no energy into intellectual or sexual development. They take it for granted that they can get any man they want any time they want to. And they are boring in and out of bed.
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    I always make the presumption that an ultra beautiful woman is a sociopath, which may or or may not actually be true, but I would guess statistically such a woman has a higher than normal probablity of being sociopathic relative to an average women. Sometimes their extraordinary beauty makes them believe they have a license to manipulate men in very cynical and arguably sociopathic ways.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    David9999, That is a little harsh dude!
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I would not necessarily go so far as "sociopath" but it's a good way to treat them. I suspect that you'll get farther with a hottie if you treat her, basically, as though she's a seasoned career criminal. Her sense of moral duty to society as a whole is going to be rather limited, especially if the hottie in question is a dancer (rather than, for instance, an Amish preacher's daughter), as is her sense of entitlement, etc.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion