tuscl

Donald: Do the Debate

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
Friday, August 9, 2024 5:11 PM
Article that appeared in a local newspaper yesterday before news broke that Trump will do a series of debates with harris.
Some excellent advice on what Trump should do but will he and his team come close to doing any of it?

https://www.morningjournal.com/2024/08/0…

33 comments

• misterorange
    a month ago
    I hit a pay wall with that link. But I don't see why Trump wouldn't take every chance he gets to debate Harris. It's the only way she'll ever get off the teleprompter, and we all know what happens then. Word salad! I honestly think she's as bad as Biden without a script.

In the last 3 weeks, she's given the press exactly 77 seconds of time to question her. Asked when she'll be giving a real interview, she said she "hopes" her team will get something set up by the end of August.
  • Hank Moody
    a month ago
    I’d like to see Harris do some interviews ahead of the debate. That said, it’s bad strategy for her to do them now. She’s got momentum in the polls. Wait until that starts to flatten before taking any risks. Any time Trump or Vance get on camera they dig a deeper hole. Let them keep doing it until she needs to be proactive.
  • TheeOSU
    a month ago
    Orange, that site will normally give you 2 or 3 free articles before the block comes up. I refuse to pay for what has historically received for free by using an ad blocker.
    Try that or copy and paste the article title in Bing and do a search that way. That's another way I sometimes get around a pay wall.
  • misterorange
    a month ago
    @Hank - "it’s bad strategy for her to do them now."
    It's only bad strategy for someone who's got plenty to hide and/or intentionally wants to remain vague about which side of important issues they're on.
  • TheeOSU
    a month ago
    ^

Correct!
  • skibum609
    a month ago
    Trump finally figured out that as stupid as he comes across in a debate/interview, Kamala is way worse. She'll fuck up, cackle, lie and walk away with a fork stuck in her.
  • ATACdawg
    a month ago
    Are you guys forgetting that Harris was a successful prosecutor? I think she will wipe the floor with the orange guy's ego.
  • misterorange
    a month ago
    Kamala's new pitch:
    "On DAY ONE my top priority will be to attack inflation and brink down prices!"

Really? Well what the fuck have you been doing for the last 3-1/2 years? And now you're gonna wait ANOTHER SIX MONTHS before you do anything?
  • Hank Moody
    a month ago
    Was it bad strategy when the orange menace skipped all of the debates in the republican primaries? Same deal.
  • misterorange
    a month ago
    Apples and oranges (no pun intended) lol. It was good strategy because Trump was sitting pretty, and for the reasons you mentioned earlier, it made sense. Why do it if you don't have to. That's not what Kamala is doing. I guess you could call it strategic, but she's following the Hidin' Biden basement strategy. She's avoiding interviews because she's not capable of answering questions in a coherent manner.
  • misterorange
    a month ago
    No one has ever accused Trump of not wanting to get his big orange face in front of a camera.
  • gSteph
    a month ago
    We shall see.

And then we shall see.
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "Was it bad strategy when the orange menace skipped all of the debates in the republican primaries?"

No, he wasn't essentially in a 50/50 race. He had lapped the field and all the "you don't have the guts!" taunting didn't bait him.

Harris isn't even ahead in the EV count. She's ahead by a cunt hair in betting odds. She's also taking flack for avoiding the press, and her VP choice is facing fire. Oh, and she's got a convention ahead that is going to be heavily protested. She's going to have to show she can bridge the gap between center-left and far-lefy.

They're both in a place where it's extremely important for both to perform well in the debates. But they both make bizarre comments which don't help them.
  • rickmacrodong
    a month ago
    Nonsense Hank. Trump didnt skip or cower out of anything…
  • Hank Moody
    a month ago
    Whether she’s bad at interviews or is letting her gains play out, all I said was it was good strategy for her to not do interviews yet. Indeed, you said she’s following the Hidin’ Biden strategy. He won.
  • Hank Moody
    a month ago
    Oh, and thanks for the apples and oranges pun. It made me lol and I’m glad to know you’ve had a laugh. 🍻 I’m off to a club. Enjoy your weekend.
  • drewcareypnw
    a month ago
    Trump can never ever have a debate that goes as well as the one he already did. Biden shit the punch bowl and handed Trump a large W. So, of course he's reluctant.

Kamala is a prosecutor and has been in politics for a while, so it would seem that she could do well. However, she could act goofy, cackle (as previously noted here), or come across as the "wrong" kind of woman, a trap that is easier for her gender to fall into than Trump's. Dumb as it is, female debaters have to really watch themselves not to come across bitchy, shrill, angry, etc. etc.

I think it's her debate to lose at this point. She's got the age, experience, and talking points to win. She could seriously fuck it up though. I think she *has* to do it or risk looking less credible and slowing down her current roll.

A veep debate would also be interesting. Kind of a "who can out corn pone" the other guy contest.
  • StripClubXpert
    a month ago
    I don’t think being a prosecutor will help VP Harris in the debates at all. But what will help her is that she is being coached well right now. In the span of less than two months, she has gone from looking like the bumbling VEEP character to acting like Obama 2.0. My guess is during the debate she will do what presidential candidates used to do traditionally in the debates. She will memorize whatever talking points she is told to talk about and she will simply regurgitate those talking points regardless of the questions she has asked. She will do her best Obama impression and there’s a good chance it will work.

President Trump has some great coaches behind him as well. The problem is nobody can really tell Trump what to do.
  • TheeOSU
    a month ago
    I had some extra time so forOrange and anyone else that couldn't see the article.

Opinion
    Cal Thomas: Donald: Do the debate

There is no downside for Donald Trump debating Vice President Kamala Harris next month on ABC News. Trump made the right decision to show up at the National Association of Black Journalists convention in Chicago last week (Harris didn’t appear, due to a scheduling conflict), though he squandered an opportunity to win over not just those in the audience but a wider spectrum of especially young Blacks when he questioned Harris’ race.

Harris says she will appear on ABC on Sept. 10, but Trump says his previous agreement was with President Biden and because Biden has withdrawn from the race that deal is void. If Trump doesn’t show, he gives Harris 90 minutes of free air time. Given her inability to speak clearly without a teleprompter that might be his strategy. Americans deserve better.

This should be less about their personalities and more about the country and our future. It’s not about race or gender, or felonies, or the moral failings of candidates or those of their spouses. It’s about America and who is best positioned to lead the country back to economic prosperity, military strength and global respectability, especially amongst our enemies.

As an experienced debater, let me offer Trump some advice (if he is up to taking advice, which he usually isn’t).

Be positive. Use humor where indicated. Make Harris defend her and Biden’s dismal record. Note how she has changed her position on every important issue, save abortion and “climate change.” How can Americans trust someone who has no firm convictions? OK, Trump is vulnerable on this, too, but at least he has offered explanations for why he flipped, especially on abortion. What’s hers on fracking and guns, for example?

As you did in your debate with Biden, let Harris talk. Without a teleprompter she is as lost as someone in a strange city without GPS. The more her verbal and intellectual lapses are exposed, the better for Trump.

Challenge her for lying about Biden’s mental state. Demand to know if she knew about it all along and covered it up, along with other Democrats.

Demand that ABC and the rest of the media expose the real Harris instead of collaborating in her phony transformation. Recall last month her polling numbers were terrible and stories appeared of staff leaving because of her alleged ill-treatment of them.

Wall Street Journal columnist Gerard Baker has asked the right question: “Can the Democrats and a collaborative media pull off their recasting of Vice President Kamala Harris from the verbally maladroit, politically inept, ruinous-policy-espousing electoral dud we have all seen over the past five years into the holy trinity of Joan of Arc, Harriet Tubman and Margaret Thatcher we have been presented with in the past two weeks?”

Stick with the failed policies of the Biden-Harris administration and note how they have not lived up to their promises. Remind viewers (though they don’t really need reminding) of the cost of bread, eggs, milk, mortgage rates, and gasoline four years ago and what they are now. Promise to bring them down again by reducing federal debt and eliminating unnecessary government.

Quote Barack Obama that this isn’t a Black or White America, but the United States of America. Note that Bill Clinton balanced the federal budget. but his party has been taken over by an extremist (Harris) who is judged to be to the left of Senators Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and Elizabeth Warren (D-MA).

Trump can’t win the debate if he doesn’t show up. Be gracious. Shake her hand. Tell Americans what you will do for America and remind voters what she (and Biden) have done to America.

You can thank me later.
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    I think Trump knows that a debate isn't about effective use of Socratic logic or being right on the facts, it's about landing zingers and winning the crowd.

Yeah, I'm a conservative but I'm still not buying Harris' reinvention or guaranteed debate win. After facing certain doom with Biden, they're overjoyed to have a ray of hope (and pat themselves on the back for nominating a black woman). She still says word salads off script, she still has a left-of-left track record including being for reparations, banning guns, abolishing private health insurance, decriminalizing border crossing, defunding the police, and has to both assure moderates that she's moved on from those (amazing how that always happens in election years) and the left that she hasn't moved on too far from those. Even progressive friends (yes, I have them) admit they are willing to stay home and sulk.

Harris' "reinvention" is such a contrived act that I can smell the consultants' and donors' hair gel all over it. No one develops the 'riz overnight. From trying to meme the word "weird" (yeah, your VP is promoting slicing off boys' dicks and shooting up girls with T) to the more recent "joy" (have you talked to any progressives lately?) which comes off the lips of every talking head in unison, it drips "marketing campaign."

They're trying to convince themselves she's Barack Obama with tits, but Obama was rare political talent from the start. She's going to have to face hostile audiences and the end of her honeymoon. It doesn't get easier from here.

Yeah, a lot could happen. It always can, an economic or foreign crisis, another debate stumble (Harris comes off tone deaf and Trump himself is past his mental prime), a major piece of oppo research landing a body blow (more likely against Harris, Trump's dirty laundry is out there).

But I find myself telling partisans on both sides to calm their fucking tits.
  • gammanu95
    a month ago
    Harris lost the debate with Pence, but a biased and corrupt newsmedia desperately shouted that she won. Trump should do debated, but punish the newsmedia that attacks him be demanding the debates on his terms.
  • mogul1985
    a month ago
    ^ Trump immediately accepted the Clinton News Network (CNN) that became "Sink The Biden Bismarck" Debate with no questions on the rules the Dems and CNN offered; Biden certainly didn't set any of it, and I'm sure Biden's Crew expected push-back.

Harris' Crew's political tactics are working...for now. She needs to do real live interviews on a variety of media outlets.

The Biden Basement tactic worked in 2020 along with ad hoc changing the voting rules like "Rollerball 1975" using COVID-19 as leverage. Debating or live interviews before the DNC Soiree or right after would blow-up any bump she'd have. I'd bet this will not be as well received as the RNC's, of the MS will just genuflect on their knees and have wet dreams no matter how good or bad.

IMO, Trump just need to stay on policies he did, including the SC Decision to send Roe to the States, and detail how he'll do his next 4 years, and what she did (or didn't)/supported. Forget the personal stuff. Vance needs to do same to Walz; Walz is locked-in as the Ohio Ballot had to be set a few days ago.
  • misterorange
    a month ago
    Bottom line is, any simpleton that considers this shithead Kamala to be presidential material is gonna vote for her, regardless of whether she debates or not, or if she does and falls flat on her face. At this point, if you don't realize that she's a rotten piece of garbage, there's no hope for you.
  • jaybud999
    a month ago
    @pumpki.....I mean misterorange

"Bottom line is, any simpleton that considers this shithead DONALD to be presidential material is gonna vote for HIM, regardless of whether HE debates or not, or if HE does and falls flat on HIS face. At this point, if you don't realize that HE'S a rotten piece of garbage, there's no hope for you."

• jaybud999
    a month ago
    ^^^^it's all the same shit, from both perspectives numb nuts......and that's for all you clowns jerking each other off to a picture of Don.
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    ^ can't believe he paid to fuck Stormy, I wouldn't even jack off to her. Only candidate in recent memory I'd fuck I'd Tulsi.
  • motorhead
    a month ago
    Probably what I’ve learned most from TUSCL is our varied tastes of what is “attractive”. So, having said that….

Nikki Haley > Kristy Noem > Tulsi Gabbard
  • skibum609
    a month ago
    In providence desires is Republicans and wonderland democrats.
  • gammanu95
    a month ago
    Donald debating Harris is like me debating the libs (and RINOs) on this site. Trump (and I) just need to get her (or them) to speak (or post), then sit back and let her (and them) demonstrate what absolute idiots they are.
  • jaybud999
    a month ago
    "KAMALA debating TRUMP is like me debating the PUBS' (and JOE MANCHINs) on this site. HARRIS (and I) just need to get HIM (or them) to speak (or post), then sit back and let HIM (and them) demonstrate what absolute idiots they are."

See how we're closer than we think we are? Quick little changes, and we're feeling the same way!
  • skibum609
    a month ago
    ^You actually do something other than whine like a little bitch? Doubt it.
  • jaybud999
    a month ago
    ^^ask your mom......and sister. They whine for that spray-face.

Your wife was up next, but she's all bent outta' shape, target too big.
  • skibum609
    a month ago
    ^typical of the impotent young, make-up wearing male. Cannot compete with a man so they attack two women. Jay, do you make your dad wear a condom when he rams is up your ass little bitch? Homo father; little bitch kid; the acorn stays near the tree.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion