tuscl

Places your surprised there ain't a strip club. Or even just more than there is

Wednesday, August 7, 2024 9:46 PM
currently. I was thinking about this a little bit and there's a few spots to me you would think there would be at least one strip club there.

Ocean City, Maryland. Even going all the way up to Rehoboth. Big time tourist spot, you would think there would find a typical beach area rip off joint there, but na nothing.

Halifax. Not a gigantic city but seems like too big a city not to even have one strip club. Strippers there have to commute all the way to New Brunswick to dance.

Tallahassee. Again not a big city or anything but it is a city. Not even one in a state with a billion sc's.

16 comments

• rickdugan
    a month ago
    Sadly I am not surprised anymore when I run across this. Some cities and counties are extremely aggressive in keeping strip clubs out of their jurisdictions.

This includes St. Johns County, FL, immediately south of Jacksonville. It has more than enough residents to support a club and is also a major tourism hub due to having "the oldest city in the country" (St. Augustine). Yet the last time someone tried to run a strip club in the county, they parked a deputy in a cruiser outside the club every...single...night. Understandably, not many guys wanted to go into a club knowing that they would be under police scrutiny when they left. The owner had no choice but to close it down.
  • skibum609
    a month ago
    Most resort areas are family oriented and have never had clubs. People who frequent strip clubs are a tiny minority of the populace and not worth targeting by merchants.
  • dirtyburt
    a month ago
    Just look at “ Mouse Town in Florida…… Whorelando, I mean Orlando..

The action has always been South Florida,East Coast, or West Coast of Florida.
    You would actually spend less money paying for extras in a strip club, then spending on all of the Disney crap.
  • skinnywhiteboy
    a month ago
    Where I live in Everett Washington we used to have a couple clubs but they're all long gone. Washington is about to finally allow liquor in the clubs so I'm hoping that will lure some clubs to open. We currently have a couple restaurants and bars that closed down during Covid that would be perfect for a club.
  • Manuellabore
    a month ago
    No SCs in Cincinnati or in St. Louis, and just one oddball one in the MO suburbs. Plenty across the river in East St. Louis though
  • TheeOSU
    a month ago
    'Places your surprised there ain't a strip club.'

The county jail
    The corner ice cream stand
    The local mosque
    The Home Depot
    The NAACP meeting
    The national feminist convention

• goldmongerATL
    a month ago
    Some places used to be super hot high mileage scenes that got run out of town. Nashvegas. Very recently the northern burbs of Atlanta. SF to some extent. The Baltimore Block is just a ghost of its former raunchy greatness. The Boston Combat Zone.

Any others?
  • twentyfive
    a month ago
    @Rick Dugan,
    Here in South Florida many of the clubs have arranged with the local authorities to hire off duty deputies with a sheriffs vehicle to provide security, best known club Tootsies always has a deputy parked outside as to a few other clubs. I think it’s a bit of a payoff to local authorities to ensure they don’t get labeled as nuisance locations
  • BuckMcNutter
    a month ago
    And Myrtle Beach used to be a Mecca of strip clubs (over a dozen) …. Now it totally sucks with only 4 left.
  • misterorange
    a month ago
    I grew up in northern NJ and the last 20 years in central Jersey. In my day-to-day life I can honestly say I'm never more than 5 minutes from a strip club, usually several. The west and south-west areas have clubs too, even the Podunk areas, although more spread out so you gotta drive a little further. Lol
  • Muddy
    a month ago
    @mo speaking of Jersey compared the resort of the states strip club count, the jersey shore which has a lot of people really doesn't have too many strip clubs. You got one in Asbury, one in Tom’s River, and that’s it until you hit Atlantic City which only has 2 clubs now.
  • RTP
    a month ago
    I am thinking airports. With all the business travelers who spend a few hours there each week, some surely would love a lap dance or some quick extras.
  • goldmongerATL
    a month ago
    Talking about airports, going back 30+ years the Goldrush near the Atlanta airport was mostly white dancers. I had a girl dance for me there a couple of trips. A few months later, she was my stewardess on a Delta flight! It was obvious she knew I knew.

About a month later, there she was at Goldrush again. Told me she was very low on the list as a flight attendant and only flew 2-3 days a week. Danced 1-2 other days for extra money.

Wonder how many high roller passengers she let in on her secret?
  • rickdugan
    a month ago
    @25: I've seen it, including at Tootsies. They can get away with that in a very densely populated area with a lot of tourist traffic. It's also a bit different when they deputies are working for the club.

Now instead imagine being out in a lightly populated small city or suburban area and having a deputy parked conspicuously on the street near the entrance, quite obviously NOT on the club payroll. Just waiting of course to see someone who might look impaired to pull over and overall to keep track of who is visiting the club.

Needless to say, this small club, that the county detested from the get-go, didn't stand much of a chance.
  • NCParrothead
    a month ago
    Dirty Myrtle was awesome in its prime. Upscale down to dive bars and you could find whatever you were looking for at at least one of them
  • skinnywhiteboy
    a month ago
    While we're in a low time for strip clubs it's the golden age for Asian massage parlors. At least where I live since Covid the number of parlors has more than doubled. All the new parlors are offering FS forcing the pre Covid parlors to follow or lose their customers. We've also gone from only 50+ year old women in the parlors to most being in their 20's or 30's.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion