tuscl

Racism, undeniable, displayed by Trump on video.

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
Saturday, August 3, 2024 4:50 PM
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/4htVhhiXLnw

Trump: I will tell you that coming, coming from the border are millions and millions of people that happen to be taking black jobs, you have the best…

Female Reporter: What exactly is a black job sir?

Trump: A black job is anybody that has a job that is what it is anybody that has a job…

35 comments

• CJKent_band
    a month ago
    Trump was TOO SCARED to take NABJ (National Association of Black Journalists) Stage!

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/pQG91cDQ1gg
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs-partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs."

- Booker T. Washington, eminent white supremacist (might as well have been talking about NABJ!)
  • CJKent_band
    a month ago
    ^
    “It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.”
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "The next time some academics tell you how important diversity is, ask how many Republicans there are in their sociology department."

- Thomas Sowell
  • Hank Moody
    a month ago
    He’s definitely off his game a bit. He’s usually about making sure his comments can be interpreted multiple ways. The black jobs comment and saying Kamala recently turned black in the space of 35 minutes was a tough stretch for him.
  • Book Guy
    a month ago
    I'm an anti-Trump voter BUT I don't think that Trump's comments (about K. Harris, at national Black journalist meeting) were particularly RACIST. Racism would be to say, "because she's Black she's stupid" or unqualified or whatever. His comments were factually inaccurate -- bluntly false, IMO, or (perhaps in the opinions of his supporters) merely the type of hyperbole that is usual in political campaigns. He was pandering to his base, rather than trying to win new supporters. It was a bad setting in which to try to pander to his base. But this idea that he's somehow BIGOTED about her is a different idea, only vaguely supported by his comments.

To me, it's basically this. "OK, I'm Trump and I'm going to go say the things that people like for me to say, when people like me. The people who like me, like me to say these sorts of things. So here are these things." Thus, it makes the statements poor choices (these weren't people who would approve of those statements) and it makes clear what sorts of people he would prefer to be pleasing (his base). But it doesn't suggest that he's stupid enough to think that Harris is incompetent, to the point of incapable of winning an election, strictly because she's Black (or Indian). People in politics know, don't underestimate the opposition. Trump didn't.

• Book Guy
    a month ago
    PS these are excellent quotes from Puddy Tat. I also spotted one in a different thread, by a Black business leader and philosopher, about how married Black couples have very little crime but "Black" culture was stupid exploitative etc. etc.. All very to the point.
  • CJKent_band
    a month ago

^

“It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance.”
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "The black family survived centuries of slavery and generations of Jim Crow, but it has disintegrated in the wake of the liberals’ expansion of the welfare state."

- Thomas Sowell
  • CJKent_band
    a month ago
    ^
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "The word ‘racism’ is like ketchup. It can be put on practically anything – and demanding evidence makes you a ‘racist.’"

- Thomas Sowell
  • CJKent_band
    a month ago
    ^
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "The poverty rate among black married couples has been in single digits ever since 1994. You would never learn that from most of the media. Similarly if you look at those blacks that have gone on to college or finished college, the incarceration rate is some tiny fraction of what it is among those blacks who have dropped out of high school. So it’s not being black; it’s a way of life. Unfortunately, the way of life is being celebrated not only in rap music, but among the intelligentsia, is a way of life that leads to a lot of very big problems for most people."

- Thomas Sowell
  • funonthaside
    a month ago
    Trump attended the event; Kamala couldn't be bothered to attend. She plays the black card, yet can't grace black reporters with her presence.

And, the reporters were on CPT, yet Trump patiently waited 30 minutes for them to start. Then, the reporter began with her hostile line of questioning. But it's TRUMP who is the a'hole?
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    ^ It's only racist when Republicans say shit like this.

“Number one, what does ‘Black enough’ mean?” she began. “[Harris] is a Black woman. She is a mixed-race woman. When you see her, you see her Blackness. But she is also South Asian … and her dad is Jamaican. She is a Black woman.”

Cutting in, Lemon contended the issue was never about Harris being “Black enough,” but was more so about whether she shares the experience of American descendants of slaves, also known as “ADOS.”

“No, no, no, no. I don’t think you hear what people are saying,” he told Ryan. “To want the distinction to say is she African-American, or is she Black or is she … whatever — there is nothing wrong with that. There is a difference between being African-American and being Black.”

https://atlantablackstar.com/2019/02/13/…
  • mogul1985
    a month ago
    @CJ: "The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see." ~ Ayn Rand
  • motorhead
    a month ago
    The OP hasn’t been in a club in 4 years. He desperately needs to get laid to clear his racist ideas from his head.
  • CJKent_band
    a month ago
    ^^^^^
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today."

-Thomas Sowell
  • CJKent_band
    a month ago
    ^
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "In various countries and times, leaders of groups that lagged behind, economically and educationally, have taught their followers to blame all their problems on other people - and to hate those other people."

Thomas Sowell
  • CJKent_band
    a month ago
    ^
    Like the MAGA cultist do?
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "Many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve."

-Mark Morford, SF Post
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "I mean in a way Obama's standing above the country, above above the world, he's sort of God."

- Evan Thomas, Newsweek
  • CJKent_band
    a month ago
    ^ “It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance and denial”
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "The old adage about giving a man a fish versus teaching him how to fish has been updated by a reader: Give a man a fish and he will ask for tartar sauce and French fries! Moreover, some politician who wants his vote will declare all these things to be among his ‘basic rights.’”

Thomas Sowell
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "There are three questions that would destroy most of the arguments on the left:

1. Compared to what?
    2. At what cost?
    3. What hard evidence do you have?

There are very few ideas on the left that can pass all three of those kinds of things."

Thomas Sowell
  • CJKent_band
    a month ago
    ^

“It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance and denial”
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "In fact, no country on earth has done more to overcome racial prejudice both in law and practice. Indeed, racism today is nearly universally rejected in America, which is why the left tries so hard to pin the label on its political opponents."

- Brit Hume
  • CJKent_band
    a month ago
    ^

“It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance and denial”
  • Puddy Tat
    a month ago
    "Exactly right. That’s why the left works overtime to paint every conservative, every non-PC dissenter, every honest critic as a racist. Its political power depends on claiming the moral high ground, especially when it comes to race. The honest colorblind liberalism of the 1960s is gone."

- Jeff Jacoby
  • mogul1985
    a month ago
    This is how the Democrats act, or as CJ "Title Couldn't Say It All", here ya go:

Merriam-Webster: "Fascism: a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition"
  • GivenToFly
    a month ago
    In this instance I think he was flustered and ended saying something foolish. He’s clearly not as sharp as he’s been in the past, not at Biden levels, but it’s undeniable. He’s been flailing ever since Biden dropped out.
  • jaybud999
    a month ago
    All these fuckers coming into the club I'm "working," taking MY job. They think they can come in with their club pants, smoking a little weed (I don't mind that part) and muscle in on ANY of the girls in MY club!

It's absolute anarchy at the door.....completely porous.....security just lets them in. It's total bullshit.
  • motorhead
    a month ago
    The OP nitpicking over a poor choice of wording - let’s not forgot what Biden said:

“the person I will nominate will be someone with extraordinary qualifications, character, experience and integrity. And that person will be the first Black woman ever nominated to the United States Supreme Court”

That may be the most racist, sexist comment any (modern) President ever said.

How do exclude entire races of people? And limit it only to females? This absolutely is worse than any stupid comment by Trump to reporters
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion