tuscl

Waterpark/Amusement Park Reccomendations

Wednesday, July 24, 2024 12:14 AM
Summer is here and you got all these parks out there. Any to which you would say you had a good time at, ones you just gotta go to.

I'm more of a water park guy to be honest, I just think it's more fun to me but I won't rule the roller coaster stuff. It's just I have a hard time trusting the crazy guy with the eye patch in charge of my life. And I just feel like have way more agency, way more of a chance on a water slide with a tube or just myself than locked into a rollercoaster. If your fucked, your fucked on that thing.

Water parks: Not to sound like homer but Splish Splash in NY is really good. I've been to a lot of them and it's really one of better ones. Also Six Flags Hurricane Harbor in Jersey is pretty good too.

Universal Volcano Bay, I think in the abstract it's one of the better ones but the crowd gets so crazy in the summer I cannot recommend it. You get in line electronically and sometimes the wait is 2 hours. Fuck all that. You'll get three rides in all day. Go but don't in the summer.

I went to the other universal spots, it's sort of meant for kids I think. I haven't been to Disney anything yet but I imagine it's the same thing.

Future: I'd like to Cedar point in Ohio one of these days, I hear good things. But I'm not going July/August, fuck that. Too crowded.

And also I just have it my head I want to take a stripper to Disney Land. I wouldn't do it alone. I ask sometimes with a couple girls if they'd be interested and they all seem super stoked and down to do it (could be totally bsing me though) The whole thing would be some G rated foreplay to me.

17 comments

• funonthaside
    a month ago
    Volcano Bay is the best water park I've visited. But, as OP mentioned, avoid it in the summertime. The heat and crowds are unbearable.

The Kalahari resorts are also good. I prefer the Poconos site, but Sandusky is also okay. They have both indoor and outdoor portions.

The Disney water parks are a bit outdated, especially compared to the exceptional Volcano Bay nearby.

• skibum609
    a month ago
    Cedar point is roller coaster nirvana and has a great waterpark and a giant lake. If you go in the summer get a speed pass. Hotels there get early park access. It is the absolute #1 roller coaster locale on earth. Sadly, in 2021 there was a serious accident on Top Thrill Dragster which was my favorite amusement ride ever. Have to love anything that goes 0-120 in 3.8 seconds and then climbed straight up over 400 feet. Top Thrill 2 is supposed to be great but appears to be fucked up right now.
  • crosscheck
    a month ago
    In my general area, Water Country in Portsmouth, NH was always fun.
  • motorhead
    a month ago
    Many Michigan strippers used to take the kiddoes to Great Wolf Lodge in the Wisconsin Dells
  • iknowbetter
    a month ago
    Depends on your budget but if you’re traveling with kids, Atlantis Paradise Island Bahamas is the best waterpark I’ve ever been to. Also lots of hot, uninhibited European and Latin American women to look at.

If you’re traveling with a stripper or SB, then you can afford to take her to the water park at Baha Mar, Nassau. Stay at the Grand Hyatt, where there is a window into the shower from the bedroom so you can lay on the bed and watch her take a shower.
  • ww
    a month ago
    The Disney and Universal parks have something for everyone - it's not just for kids.

I've been to all 4 Disney parks in Orlando and the 2 in Anahiem. And to Universal Orlando and LA and had a blast at all!

You definitely need to have a plan to tackle those places, but we had a special needs in our party which makes things better ride-wise for the entire party.
  • ww
    a month ago
    The Guardians of the Galaxy ride at Disney Epcot was THE BEST ride I have EVER been on - the smoothest coaster ride and the effects and music...all in an indoor air conditioned space.
  • rattdog
    a month ago
    the only recommendation i have regarding amusement parks is a 2020 documentary class action park.

on his podcast comedian jim florentine mentioned that one his friends went down a waterslide into the landing pool. the guy then decided to pull his pants down and took a shit. action park had to shut down the ride to cleanse the scene.
  • shailynn
    a month ago
    What I’ve always suspected has finally come out today… Muddy really is a 12 year old.
  • TheeOSU
    a month ago
    Although some will dispute it Cedar Point is called the roller coaster capitol of the world by others. Many years have passed since the last time I was there or any other amusement parks so i can't vouch for it.
    As for water parks besides the one at the point Sandusky has 2 others, Kalahari and Great Wolf Lodge. I haven't been to either one.
  • twentyfive
    a month ago
    I have been to many water parks and some are great, but I enjoy the beach, and a few years ago I started paddle boarding, it’s not only a great workout it’s an amazing way to get out and explore the coastal areas, wish I had tried it many years ago when I was younger.
  • nicespice
    a month ago
    I’m not a waterpark connoisseur or anything, but both Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels (San Antonio metro area) and Water Word in Federal Heights (Denver metro area), were both in USA Today’s rankings. So I can feel confident recommending both water parks as awesome places.

https://10best.usatoday.com/awards/trave…
  • funonthaside
    a month ago
    ...and I'm confident recommending watching nicespice and blah coming out the bottom of a slide together, if anyone were to be so lucky as to witness this spectacle.
  • rickmacrodong
    a month ago
    They have a six flags in maryland but it’s considered ghetto gangsta territory.

In seattle, they had this family fun center theme park which always had tatted gangstas hanging around. Whats up with that?
  • gammanu95
    a month ago
    My favorite waterpark is any beach from St. Pete's to Marco Island.
  • DrStab
    a month ago
    If you are going to Cedar Point, the Kalahari water park near there is good. Of course, kid-oriented, but there are a couple of hot tub/swimup bars in the back where you may be able to meet some cute moms.
  • HoneyDewMelons
    a month ago
    Knoebels in Elysburg Pa...still fairly cheap...and family friendly and surrounded by all types of cabins houses rv parking and tenting vacation facilities
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion