tuscl

Google voice not working on WhatsApp?

Thursday, July 11, 2024 6:05 PM
After reading some reviews there seems to be a common thread if wanting to keep contact with any acquaintances in TJ using WhatsApp is a useful tool. Some have also suggested using google voice to avoid using your real number. While waiting for my global entry interview today I tried to no avail. It appears WhatsApp is no longer allowing VoIP numbers like google voice. Any suggestions as to a work around? Maybe this is only occurring on iPhones?

Thanks in advance

6 comments

• RonJax2
    2 months ago
    Oh wow. I just did this about a year ago and had no problems. What's the error you're getting?

You might try one of the other options in this thread such as Text Now or Talkatone: https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/comm…

But I wonder if you'll run into the same problem. Fucking Meta and their need to know everyone's ID....
  • RonJax2
    2 months ago
    I am on iPhone BTW, so I don't think this is the problem.
  • CJKent_band
    2 months ago
    @Zbott

I will play along and comment on your discussion.

Get a cheap “burner” phone with prepaid calling minutes and data is disposable, free of any contract commitment, and more private, like Boost Mobile and Cricket.

It cost $15-$30 a month and you can put it under your “old” uncle/cousin/grandfather from the old country now living in America.

“All contents should be considered a work of fiction.
    © 1993-2024
    the ultimate strip club list”

Let’s be careful out there.

:D
  • RonJax2
    2 months ago
    This might also help.

https://www.airdroid.com/parent-control/…

Another idea here is to use Magic Jack. You only need the number once to validate it with WhatsApp
  • Zbott
    2 months ago
    Thanks @ronjax2 . I might just try a random phone it looks like if text doesn’t work on set up it will just robo dial
  • Zbott
    2 months ago
    The “Maestro “ does it again! Thanks to Ronjax I found a work around using an app call text me. Had to pay $1.99 for a one week subscription to get a premium number but it went through fine on WhatsApp and then just canceled the subscription. Also just got me approval for Global Entry so getting set for my maiden voyage in September!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion