tuscl

Terrible Experience - Manager Was Racist

2nd Generation American told to go back to our country after spending $1000 that night by a drunk manager

Rating: ★☆☆☆☆

I am utterly disgusted by my experience at henrys. Despite having spent over $1,000 that night alone, not to mention the substantial amounts we've spent on previous visits, we were subjected to appalling behavior by the manager.

From the moment we arrived, the manager's attitude was hostile. He called us racial slurs and treated us with blatant disrespect. His racist comments and unprofessional behavior completely ruined our night. It's shocking that in this day and age, such behavior is still tolerated, especially in a place where we were regular patrons spending significant money.

The rest of the staff seemed indifferent to the situation, and no effort was made to address or rectify the manager's unacceptable behavior. This is not how paying customers should be treated.

We will never be returning to henrys and bogarts, and we urge anyone considering a visit to think twice before supporting a business that allows such toxic and discriminatory behavior. Save your money and go somewhere where you'll be treated with the respect and dignity you deserve.

14 comments

• jackslash
    4 months ago
    I'm sorry you had a bad experience. But how do you spend $1000 at Henry VIII? Do you have a pig fetish?
  • WiseToo
    4 months ago
    So from the moment you arrived, the manager's attitude was hostile, he called you racist slurs and treated you with disrespect. And yet you remained in the club and spent over $1,000. Why? You could have addressed the manager's unacceptable behavior by simply walking out.
  • Mate27
    4 months ago
    Ooooh, oooh, oooh! My turn, my turn to comment….

This is a club ad!! First time commented and brand new profile. It all adds up. My only curiosity is what slut was used….wetback or beaner?? Was’ up Ese?
  • ww
    4 months ago
    “From the moment you arrived”

So the manager was at the entrance and started calling you names as soon as you entered the doors?

Then followed you to your table and continued to call you names?

Then stayed at your table and called you names until you left?

And the only thing you did to earn all that attention was spend lots of money?

Well, that’s interesting!
  • shadowcat
    4 months ago
    I rejected your review too for lack of information. Seems you just registered to take out a personal vendetta on the club but are embarrassed to share your story.
  • rickthelion
    4 months ago
    I also suffer prejudice as a lion. I walk into the club and people are all “ooo it’s a frickin’ lion I’m so scared” but then I calm things down by greasin’ the manager and strokin’ the bouncer. Or maybe it’s the other way ‘round. I get confused about that sort of shit given the amount of Jack I consume.

Anyhoo…did you try any greasing or stroking? That could have helped you out. ROAR!!!
  • aham5
    4 months ago
    I have questions about this. I have never met a heterosexual male that uses the word toxic.

Are you a disgruntled dancer?

• 5footguy
    4 months ago
    This is one of the most overtly fake revenge reviews I've ever seen. It's so general that you didn't even say what supposedly happened, because you lack the imagination to even invent something plausible. And it's not even in the reviews section, you put it in the discussions section. You insult our intelligence and put a "Rating: ★☆☆☆☆" in the text? Gtfo here and back to OF, you dumb bitch.
  • mickey48066
    4 months ago
    First of all, there is no such thing as racism. That is an imaginary concoction. Having been to Henry's many times, it has the occasional gem and the girls aren't shy. It's a good value spot and most likely for BB if thats your thing. Go to FC for some eye candy, fend off the gps, then come here to finish the job.
  • funonthaside
    4 months ago
    Acting like a fool, then being called out in it, doesn't make the person calling you out on your inappropriate behavior a racist.

Detroit has a multitude of races/ethnicities.

Certainly, I can't imagine an AA being discriminated against in Detroit, and there are many Middle Easterners in Detroit, so people are generally used to Middle Easterners. Discriminated against due to being Caucasian? Its more likely for an AA to be discriminated against at a white club, than for a Caucasian to experience discrimination at a Detroit club.

And to use "dignity and respect" in a post about Henry VIII? Really?
  • gammanu95
    4 months ago
    Seems like the poster was chasing hate-clicks from the start.
  • chiefwiggum
    4 months ago
    Except for Flight Club and maybe Landing Strip, I find it extremely difficult to spend $1k anywhere in Detroit...unless you're paying out way more in tips than for service. Nonetheless, no one is making it rain at either club.
  • Jascoi
    4 months ago
    a racist manager... walk out. don’t spend your money there.
  • Pussylicker2
    2 months ago
    So what race are you? What race was the manager? I've been to hanks at least 100 times. We're you drunk and acting stupid?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion