tuscl

The importance of avatars

Monday, May 20, 2024 2:03 AM
I hadn't realized the need for those things since they've been gone for a couple weeks. (I'm sure they are coming back, founder is probably working on it so not bitching that they are not yet just making an observation) Is it just me or is it a pain in the ass to read the site now? I'm always squinting and doubling back "who said this?" "who said that?" a lot of that shit. The avatars just parse everything out for you quickly and you know who's who. If I see the dos equis guy=25, smithers=jackslash, alf=shai, lemmy=motorhead etc. etc. I just read threads way slower now, y'all experiencing the same thing?

25 comments

• founder
    a month ago
    They are coming back. I guess I'll move it up on the list
  • Jascoi
    a month ago
    i'll be glad when the avatars are back too.
  • EastCoaster
    a month ago
    I definitely miss the avatars. Thanks, founder, for moving that up on your list of things to bring back. And a HUGE thanks for bringing the mute/ignore function back much sooner this time than last time. Seeing that recently made my day.
  • stripperlover777
    a month ago
    Yeah, Avatars Are Cool. Our Name Logo's & Banners On The Profiles Would B Nice. It Adds A Spice Of Life When We View. 🌌 🌌 🌌 - Tuscl - SC - Cheersss
  • shailynn
    a month ago
    Please send all suggestions, comments and complaints to [view link]
  • captainfun
    a month ago
    The one thing about avatars and the most recent version was that the site just applied the universal black and white sketch guy to anyone that didn’t have an avatar. Not sure that was the best approach since that also visually makes many people look like the same poster unless you look at their handle
  • shailynn
    a month ago
    What, did you find a new Don Johnson photo you’re dying to use?
  • rickthelion
    a month ago
    Thank you for posting this important thread shailynn ape. The problem with TUSCL sans avatars is that the normies are deprived of our sexy rick avatars - our rickvatars, if you will - when we ricks post here. I know how much your normie lives are enriched by looking upon my fearsome visage. Hopefully you will be seeing this rick soon enough. ROAR!!!
  • JupiterHotCakes
    a month ago
    I miss the photos/logos of the clubs. Now it’s just real plain. Even if those logos were outdated, I liked having a visual I could associate with each club.
  • Muddy
    a month ago
    @shai I was thinking John Travolta actually
  • Jascoi
    18 days ago
    how about the upvote / downvote of the postings?
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    18 days ago
    ^ My gut tells me that's not coming back.
  • Jascoi
    16 days ago
    last night about 10 pm 6/1 pdt time i noticed my avatar has disappeared. should i post it again or wait for founder to restore it?
  • Hank Moody
    16 days ago
    Everyone’s avatar is gone. Give it a minute to see if founder restores. Or try and. Put it back yourself. No doubt he’s aware. Site is moving fast and most of the functionality is back, with more to come.
  • founder
    16 days ago
    I need to look into this. Mine was gone too Feel free to upload again
  • wallanon
    16 days ago
    I went ahead and just uploaded mine again. If you didn't keep your avatar pic maybe you can get it from the place where it shows up in the corner when you log in.
  • Studme53
    16 days ago
    My avatar is the beyond perfect ass of Booty Queen Amanda Latona. I never get tired of looking at it.
  • Jascoi
    16 days ago
    i tried to post another avatar. it was fine for a hour or two then the site streched the photo to the sides and she became fat. similar to real life i guess.
  • wallanon
    15 days ago
    "it was fine for a hour or two then the site streched the photo to the sides and she became fat." Try making your image square before you upload it. "similar to real life i guess." Dude I looked up my ATF3 the other week and it was pretty horrifying. Into her 30's she was still maintaining but then everything went right off the rails lol. ATF1 is north of 50 now and looks better than she does. Life happens.
  • RonJax2
    15 days ago
    I just noticed my avatar is back! Related question for yous guys - what proportions should your banner image be for it not to be stretched?
  • founder
    15 days ago
    avatars should be square, banners are 3:1 on mobile, 4:1 on desktop
  • RonJax2
    15 days ago
    Thanks Founder!
  • Jascoi
    15 days ago
    and thanks founder... she ain’t fat anymore!
  • Jascoi
    14 days ago
    now at just before midnight monday 13 hours after my last comment she's fat again. weird.
  • Jascoi
    7 days ago
    i finally successfully posted a new avatar that doesnt suddenly gain weight. noticed some of the club avatars move around to unrelated clubs. some correct and some not.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion