tuscl

Sorting discussions by last comment

rickthelion
Straight outta tha NC, comin' atcha with an AK ready to steal your daughter. ROAR!!!
Tuesday, May 14, 2024 11:24 AM
One of the most important TUSCL functions - the ability to sort by last comment - is still missing and this rick hopes it will return. I mean really…how do you sort the wheat from the chaff when it comes to TUSCL comments? Simple! You let comments marinate in a stew of craziness (aka the average TUSCL posters) and the good comments keep being bumped. Then the geniuses of TUSCL - aka the ricks - focus our laser minds on the comment and add what’s what to clarify things. Also makes it easy to resurrect blasts from the past. For example, who here doesn’t want to be reminded of the dugan’s SYSTEM? That was some Einstein level genius shit right there. Should be bumped at least once a year to share the essence of rickness with those who need it. ROAR!!!

17 comments

• twentyfive
    a month ago
    ^ agreed sort order needs to be replaced, my guess is founder hasn’t gotten around to it yet.
  • PAWG_Patrol
    a month ago
    Haven't been able to edit my profile in 3 months and 3 layout changes. Good luck!
  • gammanu95
    a month ago
    Two most important features needed to make the forums usable are 1) ability to sort by last comment 2)the mute thread feature
  • Puddy_Tat
    a month ago
    Amen to all above. We need one simple, easy format There's a reason Google doesn't update their search interface every few weeks.
  • Hank Moody
    a month ago
    Google also doesn’t take my feedback and act on it in a day or two. Founder takes our feedback. I’m glad for what we have and have faith founder will restore the site’s best features. Better to wait a few days and have it done right. We can muddle through in the meantime.
  • shailynn
    a month ago
    I thought the only sorting Ricks were into was sorting their collection of Garbage Pail Kids cards!?!?
  • founder
    a month ago
    The trouble with sorting by last comment is speed. The only solution I have found is to denormalize the db and put last comment date on the parent record. Still working on a solution
  • Dan3635
    a month ago
    What if this was a VIP only feature? For the club list you get three levels of viewers (1) not logged in: you can see the number of reviews only if you click on each club. (2) logged in user: you see the date of most recent review and number of reviews, and (3) VIP user: can sort and filter the data.
  • ww
    a month ago
    ^^^ Huh? How about keeping it simple? You're VIP, you can read reviews and if you're not, you can't. And what data are you filtering and sorting???
  • Dan3635
    a month ago
    Filter and sort reviews. For example show me all reviews for Houston clubs in the past 2 years.
  • 5footguy
    a month ago
    ^^ terrible idea. Everyone should be able to use basic functionality like sorting and filtering. VIPs get visibility that others do not. Simple, as it always has been.
  • Jascoi
    a month ago
    i miss the avatars...
  • captainfun
    a month ago
    The new listings by city are harder to view than prior format where they were all grouped together too
  • founder
    a month ago
    working on a fix for last comment date now captainfun, can you be more detailed?
  • Lurker-X
    a month ago
    Nice to see the sorting by last comment back, thanks founder! I’m not sure if this is what captainfun meant, but on the old site the reviews used to have a breadcrumb trail with links. So if for example you clicked “New Jersey” in the trail it would show all the reviews for clubs in NJ. That list sorted with most recent reviews on top so it was easy to find the latest reviews by state or city.
  • founder
    a month ago
    muting a member is back for discussions and comments
  • Hank Moody
    a month ago
    Nice. Thank you. Are you going to start a thread for suggestions when you’re ready? Site is pretty close to back to having everything but figure you’re still working on restoring some of the old features.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion