tuscl

Why is the website so slow?

Friday, April 11, 2008 9:05 PM
I have Comcast high speed, and this is the slowest website I've ever navigated in my life. Does anybody else find this annoying when browsing through reviews and discussion boards? Sometimes, it takes up to 30 seconds just to retrieve a single page. I am a paying member, so I am assuming that part of my memebership fee goes toward technical improvements. I would like to recommend that this be one of them. I sent the owner an email about this topic over a month ago, but I never got a reply. So what do you guys think? Do you enjoy looking at dead air every mouse click, and wasting 10-second intervals of your life - over and over again? It adds up. I wouldn't mind paying an extra $5/month if it brings TUSCL into the 21st century.

11 comments

• shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Must be your equipment. I am using AT&T DSL 6.0 and I rarely have problems downloading from this site.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    TUSCL is lightening fast for me--most of the time. Other times I figure there is programming problem.
  • Zerzan
    16 years ago
    Wow, that is odd. Maybe my computer is allergic to TUSCL? Of all the websites I've ever visited, this is the only one that is slow (and I mean REALLY slow). I guess I'll just have to accept it. Unless other people chime in and back up my claims. Thanks for the feedback.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    For a site which is almost entirely text-based, I would say that this site is slow IMO. Sometimes there are genuine problems with the server though on certain days I suspect...maybe it's just too damn popular... :)
  • founder
    16 years ago
    I have tried to figure out why sometimes it is slow... I just haven't been very successful.
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Maybe it is only slow for those who write bitchy complaint letters to the founder?
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    Zerzan I have asked the same question at times. I'm not sure if it's due to server congestion problems that the Founder is using for his web site or what the problem is. I'm not an expert on the topic. I have high speed DSL and at times I have found this site to be slow. However I usually don't have a problem since I log on at times when the server probably isn't that busy such as late at night. I'm sure it's not busy now at 6 AM.
  • motorhead
    16 years ago
    TUSCL is usually OK on my high speed connection, but this morning, Saturday 10 am est, it does seem to be CRAWLING. But on the other hand, whenever I check [view link], it is ALWAYS slow. There must be lots of guys out there checking SC wbesites....LOL!
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Most always works well for me. Is it the best, no. Is it the worst, far from it. Taking that and the fact that founder is so responsive, I feel it is one of the better sites I visit.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    It's been a while since I've had any significant speed problems with this site.
  • quimby
    16 years ago
    I have a lousy dial-up system and I don't think TUSCL is slow at all...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion