OT: Metro Atlanta Drivers

Saturday, March 30, 2024 12:18 AM
Are there a lot of drivers in Metro ATL who intentionally try to get into accidents? You get a lot of asshole rights-on-red everywhere. But, in ATL, they will often WAIT for you to get close, then pull out in front of you at the last minute. I don't think other places have quite so many adds for personal injury lawyers on billboards and the radio. And the ads often say things like "don't keep paying 30%, we only charge 25%!"

12 comments

Last time I was there, Atlanta drivers drove with New England aggressiveness and 20 more MPH, like they're tired of living.
PuddyTat69
2 months ago
What I don’t get in ATL is when you use your turn signal people will actually speed up to stop you from getting over?!
IWantHerOnMe
2 months ago
I dunno, since I’m in the TUSCL 350 club I’ll have to ask my chauffeur how she feels about ATL traffic.
shailynn
2 months ago
I live in an Atlanta suburb and don't have problems around town but I have to go to Atlanta if I want to go to a strip club and I hate it. Having lived in So Cal for 40+ years before moving here, I am used to heavy traffic. The speeding on the interstates doesn't bother me. I drive a Mustang GT and speed myself when traffic allows. But the surface streets are in bad repair and there are a lot of idiot drivers that create hazards. The mayor is aware of the situation and has instigated a couple of laws to try to alleviate some of it. No turn on red signs are being put up as fast as they can and speed limits have been reduced to no more than 35mph on most streets. But these are only band aids.
shadowcat
2 months ago
Not directly related, but why do at least some Metro ATL counties seem to have both county sheriffs AND county police? Any real reason for this, other than cause government?
ilbbaicnl
2 months ago
The county police have jurisdiction with city limits while sheriffs cover unincorporated areas.
shadowcat
2 months ago
@shadow but there are also city/town police in these counties. So if you had two towns in a county, they'd have a common police force, and the sheriffs would cover the rest of the county?
ilbbaicnl
2 months ago
Is that why Georgia has extra Waffle Houses, to keep all these cops busy?
ilbbaicnl
2 months ago
The Georgia Constitution mandates that each county has a sheriff, and legislation designates the sheriff as the chief law enforcement officer in the county. In most counties with a sheriff and a county police department, the sheriff voluntarily relinquishes the general law enforcement responsibilities to the county police department, although he cannot be forced to do so. The sheriff retains the authority to intervene in any law enforcement effort within the county when he felt compelled to do so. This includes actions initiated by deputies of this agency who have witnessed a violation of law or in the absence of a county police officer.
shadowcat
2 months ago
Damn, why can't I find a job where my job is to relinquish my work to somebody else. Would this all make more sense to be if my parents had been first cousins?
ilbbaicnl
a month ago
Atlanta's population is like 500-600k (not including the metro). For kicks, let's call it 1M. Atlanta has like twice the amount of highways and lanes than Chicago (or maybe it's all the same and I unknowingly am on the same damn highway whenever I drive there). That being said (maybe it's the construction), but Atlanta traffic was not much better than Chicago with its 4M in the metro area. My last time there, the only thing that that stood out is that there are exits on both sides of the highway and, of course, you have lunatic drivers on the wrong side of the highway trying to make the exit. Well, at least you don't have tolls.
chiefwiggum
a month ago
Yeah…that’s my bad Libby ape. I set up a my first rick drivin’ school in Atlanta. It’s a franchise idea this rick had. The goal was to teach a generation of drivers to be rickish. Alas, most of you damn dirty apes can’t handle the drivin’ whiskey 🥃 ROAR!!!
rickthelion
a month ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion