tuscl

TUSCL feature request: mark all alerts read

HedonistBG
Maryland
Tuesday, February 27, 2024 3:08 PM
The new site seems excellent, but there is one more feature I think is definitely needed (unless I'm missing something). I started a discussion and got over 30 alerts on TUSCL about replies, etc. the first day, and over 30 more the second day. The alerts are really superfluous, because I can just see all the replies by going to the discussion. But the only way I can see to mark them as read is the tedious process of clicking on each one individually, which takes me to the comment, and then I have to navigate several pages back to the notification page to click on another one. Would it be possible to add some way to mark them all read at once?

8 comments

• shadowcat
    5 months ago
    Better yet. A way to chose what you want to get alerts for.
  • Puddy Tat
    5 months ago
    Both suggestions above seconded
  • gammanu95
    5 months ago
    Fucking YES!!! to shadowcat's suggestion
  • RonJax2
    5 months ago
    Before I jump on the suggestions bandwagon, I want to say that I do really like the new alerts. It's much better, and more engaging, to get these alerts while I'm on the site versus the old email system. With that said, these improvements (two already mentioned) would be huge: * Ability to clear all alerts * Ability to configure what I get alerts for, like we had with email alerts * Ability to get alerts on a thread I follow. (Like, if I ask a question on a review and follow that thread, I would love to know if someone responds without stalking my feed or that thread.) * Ability to alert someone else by doing @Username
  • Muddy
    5 months ago
    Damn that was quick
  • Puddy Tat
    5 months ago
    Very quick. Hail, Founder! @RonJax2 has good suggestions as well.
  • HedonistBG
    5 months ago
    Thank you for adding a mark all read button Founder!
  • mogul1985
    5 months ago
    Just as the Delete All & Read All - most excellent!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion