tuscl

What constitutes a Hate Crime

monty39
New York
Sunday, February 11, 2024 1:41 AM
The Guardian Angels have been a fixture in New York City since 1979, when Curtis Sliwa founded the group to patrol the streets and subways during the city’s high-crime days. Something I want to point out before you watch the video and read the article is that Curtis Sliwa is a radio host every day on WABC . He is anti illegal immigration and also calls out Mayor Eric Adams on a daily basis along with Governor Kathy Hochul, and all other local politicians on all issues. Does not matter whether you are Republican or Democrat. He ran against Adams as a Republican for mayor in 2021. New York vigilantes take down ‘migrant’ on live TV – but he was from the US ( entertaining video if you are anti illegal aliens. Sliwa has a way with words ) [view link] According to a New York police department spokesperson, officers arrived to find a man “detained by bystanders” after he allegedly tried to disrupt a live interview. Police said the man had been issued a disorderly conduct summons because he had been acting in a loud and threatening manner on a public sidewalk. The spokesperson did not respond to questions about whether any members of the Guardian Angels were under investigation for their role in the altercation. Cancel the Curtis show: Sliwa and the latest anti-immigrant movement “This is what the anti-migrant hysteria amounts to — a racist hate crime broadcast live on national television,” said Congressman Dan Goldman. “There must be swift action taken and consequences for Curtis Sliwa and his band of xenophobic, lawless thugs for their brazen actions. Shame on all involved.” Robert Hirsch <[view link]> Thu, Feb 8, 8:53 PM (2 days ago) to steve Two days after a Bronx man got into an altercation with the Guardian Angels in Times Square, the group’s leader, Curtis Sliwa, came under fire Thursday from a broad swath of elected officials and everyday New Yorkers. Sliwa, who erroneously identified the Bronxite as a Venezuelan migrant during a live interview Tuesday night on national TV, admitted to the Daily News Thursday he could have been “milder and calmer” during the episode caught live on FOX News cameras. Guardian Angels are seen during a live broadcast on “Hannity” attack a man, who Curtis Sliwa claimed was a migrant who just shoplifted. Police, however, say this wasn’t true the the man was not a migrant and had not shoplifted. (Fox News) But his group’s actions during the attack and Sliwa’s on-camera comments sparked anger and outrage across NYC Thursday. “Washed-up comic book villain instructed his herd of wannabe vigilantes to beat up a guy they decided ‘looked like’ a migrant. A hate crime,” Brooklyn Councilman Justin Brannan wrote on X. “Live on TV. Violence of any kind, whether against cops or innocent people in Times Sq, must be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.” “The wheels of justice must move at an appropriate pace. We don’t have the luxury to do what we saw Curtis Sliwa did,” Mayor Adams, Sliwa’s opponent in the 2021 mayoral election, said at an unrelated press briefing with Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg. “To see someone on the corner and, based on their ethnicity, automatically identify them as a migrant or asylum seeker, and not a long-time Bronx resident — that is not what we can do. We have to get it right.” Adams and Brannan were far from the only one to tag Sliwa. On CNN Thursday morning, Gov. Hochul said no one should take the law into their own hands. “This is not the Wild West. This is New York State,” Hochul said. Scott Stringer, a former city comptroller and possible Democratic mayoral candidate in 2025, described Sliwa’s antics as “racism” and said he looked forward to meeting him on the debate stage. “This kind of racism has no place in our city. Unfortunately, Curtis Sliwa went to his usual worst instincts,” Stringer said. “I look forward as a potential Democratic nominee to debating this warmed-over MAGA Republican in 2025.” While some politicos claimed the attack was motivated by hate and racism, Bragg was not ready to call it a hate crime but did call the incident “disturbing.” “We’re going to do what we do on all of our matters, right?” Bragg said at the briefing with Adams. “So I think there are people speculating and using a legal phrase in [using] ‘hate crime.’ We don’t make assumptions, we investigate and look at the evidence, so we’ll do what we do in all the other matters — follow the facts.” Curtis Sliwa There has been a lot of reporting on the recent incident in Times Square, where violent crime and assaults on our police has ramped up. While doing a segment, three males provoked Angels and the film crew, with one become belligerent and emotional, aggressively pushing through the crew and the crowd. Kimberly, our Guardian Angel attempted to calm the man as a fluent Spanish speaker, but ended up putting his hands on Kimberly. I apologize for miss characterizing the man’s citizenship status, misunderstanding what had caused Guardian Angels to step in. No Guardian Angel, a majority minority organization, would ever have provoked an attack based on who someone is or where they came from. They responded to a man intentionally being disruptive, aggressive towards film crew members, the crowd and unfortunately put his hands on a female The twisted fiasco surrounding the Guardian Angels’ takedown of a Bronx man in Times Square — who their controversial boss Curtis Sliwa erroneously called a “migrant” and a “shoplifter” — took a new turn Friday when a woman Guardian Angel involved in the altercation filed criminal charges against him. Guardian Angel Kimberly Torres filed a harassment complaint against the 22-year-old man, who was surrounded and strong-armed to the ground during a live Fox News interview focusing on the city’s migrant crisis that Sean Hannity conducted with Sliwa this week. In a video released Friday on X, Torres, who identifies herself as a Mexican, a mother and a Muslim, said she was trying to “deescalate the situation” when the Bronxite shoved her. “He was aggressive, very angry,” Torres explained, getting emotional at times during the video, which she recorded in both English and Spanish. “He took his hands with all his might and all his force pushed me. I went back. At that point, the Guardian Angels saw me hurt. They came to my defense.” Do you think this can be called a racist hate crime ?

7 comments

• mickey48066
    6 months ago
    There is no such thing as a hate crime. That phrase is thrown around by blacks, dirty Hispanics, and white traitors who for whatever reason side with these pieces of shit. Problem is that too much bad behavior is supported by weak minded liberals. I hope they get viciously attacked by the thugs and illegals they try so hard to sanctify.
  • monty39
    6 months ago
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    6 months ago
    There's a Political Discourse forum for these threads.
  • jackslash
    6 months ago
    "There is no such thing as a hate crime. That phrase is thrown around by blacks, dirty Hispanics, and white traitors" Is mickey48066 a Nazi or just a Klansman? And how does any of this relate to strip clubs?
  • twentyfive
    6 months ago
    Just when you thought you heard the stupidest thing ever, someone comes along and lowers the bar.
  • ilbbaicnl
    6 months ago
    Forum foul, this is political discourse. I wouldn't say the Guardian Angels don't have many good intentions, but they tend to be grandstanders and rant-addicts. Vigilantes are a symptom of lack of good, professional policing. In an English Common Law system (such as ours), the judge is supposed to scale the harshness of the punishment to the particular circumstances of the crime. If you commit crimes out of hatred for strangers, you likely do need a longer prison sentence. But, the more we feel the need to limit the discretion of judges in sentencing, the more we have to wonder if we're picking the wrong people to be judges. Everything that's now called a hate crime was already a crime. So the concept seems more for grandstanding than for actual useful purposes.
  • rickthelion
    6 months ago
    Far be it for this lion to tell you hairless apes how your legal system works, but Imma point out that various ways of enhancing criminal charges do give the DA’s office leverage to extract a plea bargain and save money that would otherwise be spent going to trial. This is in sharp contrast to the law where I grew up, which was “what the lion king says goes.” BTW, did you damn dirty apes know that your Lion King movie and Broadway show are based on my life? Well, they left out the part about the whore mongering. But I was buds with a meerkat and warthog in my youth. We would all wear stylin’ suits and get into all kinds of drunken trouble. Good times. Anyhoo, this rick agrees that you weirdos should post shit like this on the political board. Some of you damn dirty apes are always wanting to post 30 page essays on shit you don’t understand. This rick doesn’t understand why you want to do that. Just put on a stylin’ suit, grab a bottle of your finest drivin’ whiskey, and do a road trip to Detroit to see the sexy females in the club. ROAR!!!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion