tuscl

Regular (non-strip club) bars are not dark anymore

Thursday, December 14, 2023 6:19 AM
Its really hard to find "regular" bars (non-adult entertainment) that are dark or dimly lit. Years ago it was the norm for bars to be dimly lit. Now its difficult to even find a bar that isn't well lit. I don't get it. One of the things that makes going to a bar to drink enjoyable was the dark, escapist atmosphere. From upscale bars and drinking establishments all the way to thd lowliest dive, they are bright and lit up mostly now. Some that used to he dark have actually remodeled and put in bright lights. You almost have to go to a topless bar or strip club to find one that is still somewhat dimly lit. At least in my area (San Diego). Its another sad sign of today's society. Everything sucks now.

6 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    9 months ago
    I've noticed this. My only theory is that a lot of bars have security cameras now (since they're a lot cheaper than they used to be). For those to work effectively, you need more lighting.
  • skibum609
    9 months ago
    CMI is correct. Also seems like strip clubs are much brighter as well.
  • LVclubber
    9 months ago
    Definitely agree. A couple of months ago, I went to a hotel bar that was dark. At first, I was like "what a time warp!" Then I realized that I was in fact in a time warp. All the bars, not just hotel, but every other kind of bar. More lighting and no smoking. The latter is a good thing. The former, is probably a good thing, but I do miss taking a girl to a dark bar and having a flirty time. :-)
  • shailynn
    9 months ago
    On the bright side (pun intended) at least you know for sure if a woman is hot or not. How many times have you met someone inside a club or bar and see them the next day in normal light and say “whoa, wait a minute!!!!”
  • JamesSD
    9 months ago
    It's probably some combination of LED bulbs being brighter, safety concerns, and the whole Craft Cocktail thing taking over. Upscale.nkw.means well lit.
  • nicespice
    8 months ago
    Good. Hopefully the titty bars can follow suit 👀
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion